Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker SPOILER THREAD
  • An observation I had just realised. In all the chat of reys popped out of nowhere being cancelled isn’t it interesting that Finns uniqueness actually got cancelled in this movie? He became the unique rebellious stormtrooper to being just one of a glom of people who can do this. Nobody cares about this it seems.
  • People were mad that he wasn't the cause of the others rising up, so I think they care.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I think the democratisation of the Force thing would have been a nice way to cap off Rise. Like the biological Skywalkers are all dead and toot toot! who knows who the next Force protagonist people will be look it's a boy with a broom whooooohh
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I forget, did broomboy actually sweep without his hands at the end, I forget, just if so it really needs Sorcerer's Apprentice playing over the top of it

edit: especially as Disney, forgot that for a moment
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • An observation I had just realised. In all the chat of reys popped out of nowhere being cancelled isn’t it interesting that Finns uniqueness actually got cancelled in this movie? He became the unique rebellious stormtrooper to being just one of a glom of people who can do this. Nobody cares about this it seems.

Yeah. They missed an obvious fix there. Keep most of rise as is but have hux pissed at ren because he is dragging the first order closer to the sith /dark side of things when all he wanted was to bring peace through order. Finn shows him that it won't work but the first order can still be a force for liberty and the American dream yada yada. Finn becomes the icon for maybe half or even all the first order turning on the sith and using the star destroyers against them. Finn could even have a glorious death moment.

Star destroyer problem solved
    Finn plot line solved
    Hux motive better

Gotta get me a Hollywood writers guild thingy. I'm clearly blessed at this.
    SFV - reddave360
  • [Hollywood predatory producer voice] “Let’s make a movie kid.”
    That was awkward and unsettling, never post anything like it again.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    RedDave2 wrote:
    Going back to the Video Roujin linked - am I the only one who thinks that part one might have worked if we had seen Kylo Ren become the irredeemable Big bad with Rey trying to turn him but ending up nearly turned herself, leading to Finn (the normal, no force power one) and Poe becoming her anchor to coming back from the dark side and eventually defeating Ren and the First Order?

Just me? 

I'm wasted on this board.

I still think the best ending would have been for Rey falling to the dark side by killing palps and taking over as big bad meany. Kylo would then have his redemption by turning his back on the dark side and defeating Rey, hence the Rise Of (Ben) Skywalker.

Edit: plus the you get the JJ twist.
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    Going back to the Video Roujin linked - am I the only one who thinks that part one might have worked if we had seen Kylo Ren become the irredeemable Big bad with Rey trying to turn him but ending up nearly turned herself, leading to Finn (the normal, no force power one) and Poe becoming her anchor to coming back from the dark side and eventually defeating Ren and the First Order? Just me?  I'm wasted on this board.
    I still think the best ending would have been for Rey falling to the dark side by killing palps and taking over as big bad meany. Kylo would then have his redemption by turning his back on the dark side and defeating Rey, hence the Rise Of (Ben) Skywalker. Edit: plus the you get the JJ twist.

Yeah, I'd get on board with that as well. And I could still have the finn plot line fix.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Nah. over the films they should have had Rey turn bad with Kylo, keep snoke alive, bring back Palps and Jabba and Darth Maul and any other bad guy, give the empire a billion star destroyers, and then Luke comes out of retirement on his island (ireland) planet and FUCKS.EVERYONE.UP. :D
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    7 is a nice remake of 4.
    8 is random gibberish that looked great in parts
    9 was good old romp.

The narrative of the eps 7-9 is utter wank made up on the fly. They don't exist for me. Happy to never see any of them again - ever. A waste of a good franchise containing a rich universe with which to play with.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • davyK wrote:
    7 is a nice remake of 4. 8 is random gibberish that looked great in parts 9 was good old romp. The narrative of the eps 7-9 is utter wank made up on the fly. They don't exist for me. Happy to never see any of them again - ever. A waste of a good franchise containing a rich universe with which to play with.
    A fair summation. I think i'd stop short of saying 'ever' for not seeing them again, especially for Rise as I'm curious how much worse it will be now i've stopped to think about it, or whether i'll still enjoy the ride since I'm not wondering about how the madness will unfold.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Trevorrow confirms the concept art and title of his ep 9 here

https://twitter.com/colintrevorrow/status/1220607283094224897?s=19
  • i think we'd all have been better served if each 'film' in the new trilogy was just all the concept art in order, with a John Williams score over the top. no clumsy dialogue and naff narrative, just lots of 'now imagine this cool scene' and let your own imagination fill the gaps.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    davyK wrote:
    7 is a nice remake of 4. 8 is random gibberish that looked great in parts 9 was good old romp. The narrative of the eps 7-9 is utter wank made up on the fly. They don't exist for me. Happy to never see any of them again - ever. A waste of a good franchise containing a rich universe with which to play with.
    A fair summation. I think i'd stop short of saying 'ever' for not seeing them again, especially for Rise as I'm curious how much worse it will be now i've stopped to think about it, or whether i'll still enjoy the ride since I'm not wondering about how the madness will unfold.

forever is a long time. I'll grant that.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • davyK wrote:

The narrative of the eps 7-9 is utter wank made up on the fly. They don't exist for me. Happy to never see any of them again - ever. A waste of a good franchise containing a rich universe with which to play with.

Agreed.

They should have stuck to spin offs and expanded the universe.

There's so much more they could do but instead the creative team at Disney chose to bring back the Emperor. Sad times.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Come with g if you want to live...
  • Looks alright but I don't have faith anything Lucas headed would have been great.

The city is a bit too Blade Runner but looks good.

Is that the actor who played Melisandre in GoT playing the rebel?
  • Dunno. Could be. It's certainly an intriguing mish-mash of things.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • It is certainly along the lines of what I wanted and got with Mando.
    I worry TV wasn't quite in the right place back then though.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!