The Greatest Hit. RIP
  • LivDiv wrote:
    TIME! So this did indeed end up close. There were loads and loads of tracks dropped but the voting wrote a clear story on 3 front runners. Raspberry Beret When Doves Cry P.Control All received equal votes. Now I haven't voted yet and one of these would likely be my choice, it would be one of the above or Kiss. Should I leave it as joint winners or should I cast my deciding vote?
    Cast your vote, don't be a pussy

Alright.
    When reg Doves Cry it is.
  • I will post the next round tomorrow.
    I am thinking either 
    Beastie Boys
    Tupac vs Biggie 
    Wu-Tang and everything Wu-Tang related
    90s Hip Hop band fatal four way De La Soul vs Tribe Called Quest vs Digital Underground vs The Pharcyde
    Jurassic 5 
    Mos Def vs Q Tip

Combos of the above mayber.

Its a Hip Hop round, suggestions welcome.
  • Glam Rock. 

One Hit Wonders.

East Coast vs West Coast.

TV Theme tunes.

Specific years.

Scottish bands. Or English, Welsh, Hungarian - whatever really. Cities or regions maybe.

EDIT: Didn't notice the hip-hop bit
  • I love all of Larry's suggested rap bands - big fan of the raps. I just can't choose, someone else have a go

Edit- fuck.
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • I'm pretty sure Specific Years spent some time in Digital Underground before launching his ill-fated solo career.

There are some good suggestions there for another time though.
  • Yeah, I just rushed in with my suggestions without even reading Liv's post properly.

I'll never live this down.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    LivDiv wrote:
    TIME! So this did indeed end up close. There were loads and loads of tracks dropped but the voting wrote a clear story on 3 front runners. Raspberry Beret When Doves Cry P.Control All received equal votes. Now I haven't voted yet and one of these would likely be my choice, it would be one of the above or Kiss. Should I leave it as joint winners or should I cast my deciding vote?

Alright.

The right choice
    The Forum Herald™
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I'd be intrigued to just group it together for Hip Hop, a lot of really great tunes came from acts with very little output. Although that might just be my lack of education talking there. I'd be wondering about bracketing by years, best Hip-Hop track pre 87, or bring gangster rap in and go 87-93. Otherwise one of Ugly Duckling, LLCoolJ, Melle Mel, Kool Moe Dee, Slick Rick, KRS-One
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • I think you voted twice Bob but Doves was in bold so counted.
  • cockbeard wrote:
    I'd be intrigued to just group it together for Hip Hop, a lot of really great tunes came from acts with very little output. Although that might just be my lack of education talking there. I'd be wondering about bracketing by years, best Hip-Hop track pre 87, or bring gangster rap in and go 87-93. Otherwise Ugly Duckling, LLCoolJ, Melle Mel, Kool Moe Dee, Slick Rick, KRS-One

I know what you are saying but it is easy for things to just go mental and we end up with a truncated Hip Hop thread.
    I would rather keep it specific to an artist(s) or something tight like numbers 1s.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    I think you voted twice Bob but Doves was in bold so counted.

It is without doubt the quintessential prince track I would’ve accepted Kiss.
    The Forum Herald™
  • I still love Partyman from the Batman soundtrack, it is the tune played when The Joker is having fun in the art gallery.
    It just isn't anywhere near as good a song as Doves.
  • All things Wu Tang would be a good week.

• Moot_Geeza wrote:
    All things Wu Tang would be a good week.

Yeah, lots of scope. I'd enjoy the read on that.

SFV - reddave360
  • Dr Dre mutha fucker give him one more platinum plaque
    And then fuck rap
    you can have it back!
    The Forum Herald™
  • I've not come up with the best way to do Dr Dre yet.
    I think if we just do the music he released under his name it may not do him justice. Might have to do his tracks and his production, but then that eats into potential Eminem and Snoop rounds.

I have had similar internal debates with Pharrell. I can happily do just N.E.R.D myself but I know some of their albums werent that popular.
  • TV theme tunes would be solid round at some point, going to be tough to beat Minder.
  • Yeah I have banked that one.
  • Mos def vs talib would be the better battle fwiw. And the blackstar connect.

Wu is obviously a cool choice.

For a laugh you could do redman vs method man. And exclude their collabs.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Also, in all of this there'll need to be a rule around guest verses. Mos def makes me think of it, because hes on an absolute banger with a bunch of dudes and I can't for the life of me tell you who's song it is. (oh no!)
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    I've not come up with the best way to do Dr Dre yet.
    I think if we just do the music he released under hise name it may not do him justice. Might have to do his tracks and his production, but then that eats into potential Eminem and Snoop rounds.

I have had similar internal debates with Pharrell. I can happily do just N.E.R.D myself but I know some of their albums werent that popular.

I appreciate the thought you’ve put in.
    The Forum Herald™
  • @Face
    Yeah Hip Hop is a right clusterfuck
  • Aye, I'll go back to my previous suggestion of best Wu solo project. You can obviously lump the Clan in with that too, great excuse to revisit.
  • I think you could just stick to artists/bands like you have with guitar music.

Beasties are an easy (and popular) shout.
    Wu-Tang (bonus vote for spin-offs and solos)
    Dre (bonus vote for non-performing production duties)

Something like that?
  • Having said that, I do like the idea of a daisy age throwdown.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    LivDiv wrote:
    LivDiv wrote:

Alright.

That is a good and fair winner. Well played.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    fuckjam

aeriBvL.gif

ea072f6f-2cc9-451d-96fc-a91b82486e2d_text.gif

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!