Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Sting a toff?! More anti-geordie stuff. Thread is a blight.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    It'll be Jimmy Nail next.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    MC Hammer would beat him
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • People always seem to moan about Geordie La Forge being a shit character. He's probably the best one. That Bajoran paintballing backstory was deep.
  • Absolutely bouncing to Alchemy Live at work.  This could be the day I get my speakers confiscated.
  • I saw them on that tour back in the day. Dec ‘82 at the old Apollo. Where does the time go? Anyhoo, it was a great gig.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • There's a brilliant Old Grey Whistle test version of Sultans of Swing somewhere on youtube where the all look about 18.

Also I met the real Guitar George about 5 years ago, a session guitarist from Manchester called George Borowski who plays with a home made guitar, he knows so many chords, hated lead though. He lives on the road opposite me in Stretford. Proper celeb!
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    People always seem to moan about Geordie La Forge being a shit character. He's probably the best one. That Bajoran paintballing backstory was deep.

He’s good but they write him really poorly
    at times. He gets like 5 shit and cringeworthy unrequited romances that you can see coming a mile off in the episode lead each time.

• I've been holding off on this one as I know I'll be mocked, but I have no real beef with Mrs. Brown's Boys. I've seen maybe three of four eps ever, and it just looks like a cast enjoying themselves laughing at shit jokes, and a crowd loving it. Where's the harm? Why do some people get so incensed? It's harmless fun for a lot of people.
  • Funny how a lot of the Scots who slag off Mrs Brown’s Boys are massive fans of Still Game. They seem to me to be on a similar level.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Bose. Dropping my Quiet Comforts (this time) from an overhead height onto a concrete floor twice yesterday and still worked. They've been abused for around four years, charge rapidly, last for an age still, muffled crying babies and vacuum cleaners but above all sound fantastic.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • poprock wrote:
    Funny how a lot of the Scots who slag off Mrs Brown’s Boys are massive fans of Still Game. They seem to me to be on a similar level.
    Nah, Still Game is well passed it's sell by date now, but there was a time when it was reasonably funny.
    Mrs Brown's Boys on the other hand, is a crime against humanity.
  • Mrs Browns Boys is shit but that isnt really what bothers me about it. I'm more bothered that the BBC push it so heavily while some of their other content that is arguably better and certainly more original gets buried on iplayer.

Having something I dislike thrust in my face constantly increases my dislike for that thing, I dont think I am alone in this either. It's the same reason half the stuff ITT gets the shit it does. Coldplay are a great example.
  • I thought Bose were held in high regard?
  • Am so buying the MBB boxset for one of ye if I get you in ss this year :thumbsup:
  • nick_md wrote:
    I've been holding off on this one as I know I'll be mocked, but I have no real beef with Mrs. Brown's Boys. I've seen maybe three of four eps ever, and it just looks like a cast enjoying themselves laughing at shit jokes, and a crowd loving it. Where's the harm? Why do some people get so incensed? It's harmless fun for a lot of people.

It seems largely to rely on finding a middle aged man dressed as an elderly woman who swears to be the most hilarious thing ever. It's the sort of shit which was old hat in the 70's, so I have no idea how it is so popular now.
  • nick_md wrote:
    I've been holding off on this one as I know I'll be mocked, but I have no real beef with Mrs. Brown's Boys. I've seen maybe three of four eps ever, and it just looks like a cast enjoying themselves laughing at shit jokes, and a crowd loving it. Where's the harm? Why do some people get so incensed? It's harmless fun for a lot of people.
    It seems largely to rely on finding a middle aged man dressed as an elderly woman who swears to be the most hilarious thing ever. It's the sort of shit which was old hat in the 70's, so I have no idea how it is so popular now.

Its like Brexit innit.
  • I mean, a middle aged man dressed as an elderly woman who swears a lot can be funny though.

The viewing figures, tours and show sellouts tell you it's popular, so :shrug:

Like I said, I've seen three or four in my life, didn't mind them, didn't make me rant about it. People like it, it wins awards. I think it's a very good-natured show also, there's no malice in it that I can tell; you can't say that about a lot of reality TV stuff that's popular.
  • I'm not disputing that it's popular. It's just a comedy show devoid of any comedy.
  • I'm not disputing that it's popular. It's just a comedy show devoid of any comedy that I deem acceptable.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    People always seem to moan about Geordie La Forge being a shit character. He's probably the best one. That Bajoran paintballing backstory was deep.

hahaha
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • FINAL FANTASY XIII
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Spent yesterday cranking the sting catalogue.

Memory is a funny thing.

Because fuck me, outside of shadows in the rain, and title track, the gated reverb is right there on dream of the blue turtles.

Still second album I wasn't wrong, production is largely awful. There's something in particular about late 80s. Someone's probably written a thing about it. I assume it was the awkwardness around the change over to first gen digital recording and cd, but may have my timing wrong.

Can think of number of albums from first half of 90s that seemed like a big jump in clarity.

I mean, different genre, but the difference in quality from queensryche's best 3 albums is huge. Mindcrime is tinny shit, empire is better, and promised land sounds lush.

First recordings 87 I think, to 93. What changes in that time?

Anyhoo. Some belter sting tunes I'd forgotten, some others I'd forgotten how silly the lyrics were.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Might have been the gradual change from analog to digital mastering.
  • Peter Crouch and Owen Hargreaves.
  • As players or pundits? Hargreaves was a fucking amazing player blighted by injury.

As a pundit though...
  • Crouch was alright but just so awkward to watch.
    His football suffered similarly.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!