PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    "b0r1s wrote:

P.S. DS9 was shite.

Yes.
    Sorry chaps, wasn't going to comment but couldn't let b0r1s be the only one who said it.

retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Knew nothing of Farscape - I though it was a video game. Just checked it out on wiki - seems good. Might give it a try as it is well thought of here.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    "b0r1s wrote:

P.S. DS9 was shite.

Yes.
    Sorry chaps, wasn't going to comment but couldn't let b0r1s be the only one who said it.

Myman.gif

davyK wrote:
    Knew nothing of Farscape - I though it was a video game. Just checked it out on wiki - seems good. Might give it a try as it is well thought of here.

You’re in for a treat though having recently watched some of it again it doesn’t hold up to a rewatch.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I won't hang around beyond series 2 anyhow - I never do with anything.

I even dropped Sopranos and West Wing after a while which I love (may still go back though - have the box sets)
  • Farscape doesn't really hit it's stride until Season 2 iirc, but it remains magnificent, and well worth watching. Re-watched the whole thing a few years ago, and it's still the daddy.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    o/ to my Babylon 5 bros.

I thought this week’s episode of Picard was first one that I’ve actually enjoyed.
    Things can only get better.
  • davyK wrote:
    I won't hang around beyond series 2 anyhow - I never do with anything.

I even dropped Sopranos and West Wing after a while which I love (may still go back though - have the box sets)

but... i jus.... the ? ... wha?
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    If you're subscribing to Prime Video for Picard, it seems Farscape is on there as well.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    @davyk I don’t get that way of thinking as a lot of shows take a season or two to get into their stride. Obvious exception being Firefly.

• Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I've only watched Red Letter Media reviews on this but at least it's giving them new material to rip to shreds.
  • mannaboy wrote:
    o/ to my Babylon 5 bros. I thought this week’s episode of Picard was first one that I’ve actually enjoyed.
    I'd agree it was a slight improvement, but the bar is now so fucking low that it's faint praise at best. There was still a cosmic fucktonne of stuff that was absolute bollocks.
  • Bollockoff wrote:
    I've only watched Red Letter Media reviews on this but at least it's giving them new material to rip to shreds.
    Absolutely. Poor Mike is going to be in therapy by the end of it.
    Loved this week's thumbnail...
  • New Picard was excellent, no idea what people are wanting. 
    Spoiler:
  • ...and yet...
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    b0r1s wrote:
    @davyk I don’t get that way of thinking as a lot of shows take a season or two to get into their stride. Obvious exception being Firefly.

I think I just get bored. I'm more of a book or film person really. Tell me a story and have done with it.

I don't like the feeling of being strung along. And Tv-series feel like that quite often. There's an element of making it up as you go along which goes with the territory I suppose.

I've always like self contained stuff. I liked X-files until that alien plot started getting in the way. Early on it was a parallel strand but then it became more focussed on it. That's when I gave up.

I like a mini series mind.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Didn't this have Michael Chabon involved? Did he just make the tea?
  • Patrick Stewart’s phoning this in. Mind you, if I was Patrick Stewart I would too.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Blame number two for directing
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • So I fell asleep through the middle of the last episode, not cos I was finding it boring or anything, just that I was drinking some warm milk and that always makes me sleepy. Did I miss much?
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • You might have missed the bit where the robot girl discovers that she’s programmed to always get sleepy and miss stuff.
  • The most recent episode sort of held it together a bit more until the last 5-10 minutes.
    Spoiler:
  • monkey wrote:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    monkey wrote:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
  • Talk of best sci fi shows and no mention of SG1 yet ffs :DTNG my fav trek, not finished DS9 though. I think a rewatch/first watch is needed.

I agree with the spoilers about this most recent episode and to add:
    Spoiler:
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
  • Hugh was just a regular Borg cut off from the collective. Which is the same as all the Borg on the Cube.
  • Was Seven of Nine just a one off appearance then?!
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Was Seven of Nine just a one off appearance then?!
  • She gave Picard that special contact thing so she’ll probably turn up in the final episode to kick some ass.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!