Make it so - fucking shitty
  • g.man wrote:
    Oh I didn't waste my time with that nonsense.

Makes the writing in Picard seem like Shakespeare.

Oh yeah one of you mentioned it above. Picard crash lands on the planet. In one direction is the village and the other the Borg. They know the Romulans are hurtling toward them at warp speed (a day or at most 2 away). Two choices, hike to the village to try and warn them of the impending attack or else go have a chinwag with ole ninja boy. for no apparent reason.
    Ninja boy it is.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    The point of that was - I presume - an extremely contrived and clumsy (and shitty) way of demonstrating their binding as a team.

Even I winced.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    Venting the Borg into space was ok for me, even if they can survive in space, I think First Contact was the first to show that and that can be put down to lazy writing too, they’re not equipped with jet packs to get back to the cube and will expire at some point.

Not sure why the RLM guys think TNG had consistency and expect new Trek to make complete sense.

I don’t know why I’m defending what has been a dreadful show.
    Things can only get better.
  • That finale was the foulest piss imaginable.
  • Spoiler:
  • That really was an absolute shower of shite.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    Appropriately poor finale.

The good thing about old TV Trek was you could have quite a few bad stories, but they were over by the end of episode and onto the next, this whole season could’ve easily been condensed into one or two episodes.

Even with an extended break due to the shutdown, I don’t expect the showrunners to come up with anything better for season two.
    Spoiler:
    Things can only get better.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Fuck that. Haven't watched it (or read the spoilers) but seriously thinking about not bothering - if enough do that it will send out a message.
  • davyK wrote:
    Fuck that. Haven't watched it (or read the spoilers) but seriously thinking about not bothering - if enough do that it will send out a message.

I'm pretty sure the message will be seen as either Star Trek isn't popular or It didn't have enough explosions, death and swearing. More twists, more season long arc, more more more!
    SFV - reddave360
  • Questor
    Show networks
    Steam
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/questornz/

Send message
    I have defended this up to now, but my fucking god, that finale.....
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Ok ill watch it.....
  • You might like it Davy.
  • It's so bad you've got to see it.
  • There is that.
  • Well that was a thing. I can't believe they cheaped out so much on the budget by making the Federation fleet identical.

What a waste of a Borg cube.

Emotional goodbyes for something that everyone saw coming a mile away.

The doomsday weapons were giant mechanical worms.

The McGuffin device. What a load of bollocks.

Why did the androids not all revolt against Data's brother when he revealed he had a kill switch in them all?

See you all for Season 2.
  • In years to come, this series will be held up as a shining example of the worst possible kind of writing.
    The kind of writing where everything happens, but absolutely nothing is earned.

foul piss indeed

g.man
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    It sets up for another season which is annoying. They should have had the balls to end it.

I doubt ill be back.

It was ok but no real payoff and
    Spoiler:
  • No-one's ever really gone.
  • Looking forward to the RLM video.
    I haven't watched a second of this show outside of their reviews but the RLM guys have been amusing none the less.

Fucking eye patch Picard still makes me chuckle. What the fuck.
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    I quite enjoyed the first 6 episodes but my sub ran out, gonna resub tomorrow. It can't be that bad, surely!?
  • Holy fuck.....I'm speechless. That finale was nothing short of disgraceful. I'm actually at a loss as to where to start.
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii

Send message
    I’m starting to think that it might actually be quite bad, but I’m a mega fan, so I’m sure it’ll be fine.
  • I love a bit of Trek.But this......Astoundingly, astonishingly terrible.

The federation fleet......shocking,looked worse (effect wise) than the ships in TNG.
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii

Send message
    Ha! I’m intrigued now. Looking forward to checking it out. I’m sure it’ll be fine...
  • The lights at the end are from IKEA. Good to see in the future synthetic life have an eye for design at bargain prices.
  • What a pile of gash.
    Spoiler:
  • n0face wrote:
    The lights at the end are from IKEA. Good to see in the future synthetic life have an eye for design at bargain prices.
    Hahahaha yeah,I think they cut the pull cord though

@hawbawjaws regarding your last point. Where the fuck did they find time for that?
  • Exactly!!

The two of them barely spoke to each other in earlier episodes (wasn't that when stoner bird was out her face anyway) but now they're all cosy?
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I read an interview with the showrunner where the interviewer kinda gently slagged him off for making the LGBT stuff a bit too under the radar (Seven and Bjayzl being very interpetable rather than explicit, for example) and he was kinda suggesting it was more organic that way and that apparently the woman that Raffi calls to get diplomatic clearance to get into the Artefact was meant to be an ex-girlfriend and that somehow that was supposed to be understood by the audience???

I think the problem is if you have two characters, both of whom have been seen on screen having heterosexual relationships in the past - one even having been married and had a child - and then try to signal that they're bisexual in such unnecessarily subtle ways that it doesn't even reach the audience and then start showing them in some kind of relationship despite them never really having talked to each other ... that's basically telling rather than showing, albeit in a visual way, and is kinda awkward for the audience, even though the setting is the 24th Century.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • 7 of 9 could do so much better

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!