How to Start a Pension in the Face of Economic Armaggedon
  • I'm not quite sure what I've done to piss you off so much that you take offence at everything I post but I apologise. There's some good advice in this thread and I don't want to derail it. You're all beautiful. Stay safe all.
  • I don't know who to believe. Could each of you kindly post a picture of your wrists, I want to see who is sporting a Rolex
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Nope, they don't make a knock off skydweller yet, and none of the others are interesting enough to own
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • I don't know who to believe. Could each of you kindly post a picture of your wrists, I want to see who is sporting a Rolex

I posted my wrist in the ailment thread.  Rolex got melted away with all my arm skin.
  • And that’s why you shouldn’t bother with watches.

Wait, that’s not the moral of the story at all.
  • poprock wrote:
    buy high, never sell.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • poprock wrote:
    buy high, never sell.

tumblr_nhsyuj3gTr1tdkro1o1_500.gif
     I posted my wrist in the ailment thread.  Rolex got melted away with all my arm skin.

My Rolex is still in the design stages.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    I don't know who to believe. Could each of you kindly post a picture of your wrists, I want to see who is sporting a Rolex

My Rolex is still in the design stages.

Is it a bloodborne x LoU crossover rolex? Hmmm...
  • Nexx wrote:
    I'm not quite sure what I've done to piss you off so much that you take offence at everything I post but I apologise. There's some good advice in this thread and I don't want to derail it. You're all beautiful. Stay safe all.

I apologise myself, I was being drunk mean.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Were either of you kabbes in a poast life, as he's the only forumiye I'll take maney advice from
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Tesla shareholders are in revolt. The board approved a $40billion pay package for elon musk. Disgraceful. $40billion.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/jun/30/tesla-shareholders-urged-to-oust-elon-musk-over-55bn-pay-deal
  • Yeah that's not good.
  • Jeebers the projected figures for the world economy are bad. Like really bad. If we see a 20% downturn we'll be doing well. It's going to be carnage. I think everyone is just ignoring it in the hope it'll go away.
  • I'm trying to avoid cheating by using the size on an int (4 bytes) as a limiter.
  • Jeebers the projected figures for the world economy are bad. Like really bad. If we see a 20% downturn we'll be doing well. It's going to be carnage. I think everyone is just ignoring it in the hope it'll go away.

Seriously considering selling our flat right now during the post-lockdown mad time, renting for a bit, then buying a new place cheaply during the massive coming recession.
  • When we come out of the recession, SG will own the world havig bought loads of stock during the recession.
  • The property market has gone insane around here. Estate agents reopened on Monday and there’s a bit of a gold rush. 

In Scotland, homes are advertised at an ‘offers over’ price and it’s like a silent auction. Normally you can expect offers at least 10–20% over the ‘offers over’ price. Right now so many people are desperate to buy and move after lockdown that estate agents are receiving offers up to 40–50% over. Off the record chat is that a lot of it is people wanting to move up from London.
  • Im suprised as i would have thought with so many people being furlough'd that people would wait to see what happens over next 6-12 months before committing to a new bigger mortgage. Maybe because interest rates are so low is another factor. Though if someone offer 40% above the value of my house id take it.

Not seeing the price rises in my area of england though.
  • Not even all of Glasgow is seeing the same gold rush. It’s just the usual ‘desirable areas’.

There’s a flat on our street, smaller than ours, going for double what we paid a few years ago. It’s insane.
  • The West end will always do well, especially when the shit hits the fan. People not familiar with Glasgow are just told to buy in the West end and Weegies coming home from London can afford to buy there, hence the move. 

It's hard to say if prices will come down that much when the shit hits the fan (in the west end bubble) if demand from London keeps going up. This new remote working means London prices should take a hit even if things bounce back quickly. Generally, cities should start to see a reduction and the countryside should see a rise imo.
  • Aye, the remote working thing is behind most of this. Estate agent advice right now is to put a desk and some shelves in your spare bedroom and call it a study/office. £50 spent in Ikea adds thousands to your valuation. Mental times.
  • The West End hey? Its nice around Byers road etc. Lots of students around there as well. West end has always been nice though. Even when i was a student staying there. It was the one area we all wanted to live in.
  • 11,000 job cuts announced today. I guess it's starting, now the furlough is winding down.
  • Hell of a lot of firms ran through redundancy processes recently so that job losses lined up with the end of the initial furlough period.
  • It'll start with retail and hospitality I guess, and work it's way everywhere from there. It'll be interesting to see what happens on Super Sat. I presume drunken carnage followed by next day outrage followed by everyone deciding not to go out so much after all. Not the best move opening pubs on a Sat.
  • How's your business btw? Your company is as good an indicator as anyone to how the rest of the economy is looking post lockdown.
  • We’ve been busy the whole way through. Some client sectors went quiet, others got busier. It balanced out. Big B2B businesses went very quiet - most future plans put on hold until some certainty comes back. Mergers, acquisitions, rebrands, etc.

We’ve started to get invited to pitch for new work, new clients have been contacting us … feels like there are loads of new opportunities right now. My big concern is that it’s temporary. If the coming downturn is as bad as we all think … spending will drop like a stone and clients will go bust.
  • Still, that's a little reassuring. My brother's bank models this stuff and they're saying very bleak things, at least internally, but it's so complicated it's essentially chaotic. What they can't predict is the emergence of new tech and new jobs that didn't exist before, so let's hope the new opportunities thing you're feeling is correct and this fills the gap, because the gap might actually be more of a Grand Canyon type chasm.
  • It's another reason not to invest in the FTSE and go with the S&P. The FTSE is far too reliant on finance and oil but with S&P you have a heavy tech presence, and tech is the way out of this.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!