Drawings wot I done
  • I love that runner model. How viable is it doing stuff with Blender with no graphics card? I've got a fairly new MacBook Pro so the processors ok. 8gb Ram.
    Anything I do will definitely be in the "messing around" category.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    monkey wrote:
    I love that runner model. How viable is it doing stuff with Blender with no graphics card?

What? Like an integrated graphics chip you mean?
    It'll run like a Serbian war criminal on a Macbook Pro.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Yeah intel HD. I can't work out whether a Serbian war criminal runs quick or slow. They all run but don't they all get caught?
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Lol! Find a demo file and see for yourself. There'll obviously be a limit, and rendering always takes a long time, but a Macbook pro will work very well.

The images I posted on the last page were drawn on an AMD Turion. 
    I was cursing it at times, but it worked. Rendering an animation though might prove to be frustrating...

I've always wanted a proper £3000 work station, but wtf.
  • I don't use blender but if it is the same as all other 3D packages then rendering will be processor driven. The viewport will be graphics card based but shouldn't be any more demanding than something like After Effects.

If your viewport is running slow on a macbook pro (poet and I didn't know it) then look at optimising your project using layers and checking the sizes of textures, also keep textures in multiples of 4 pixels (256, 512, 1024 etc).
  • The processors sound. I'll give it a go and see what happens. I've got a bit of free time and have wanted to get into this for a while. Kind of assumed I'd need new hardware though. But it sounds like I can at least get started on what I've got.
    keep textures in multiples of 4 pixels (256, 512, 1024 etc).
    Why's this? Ease of scaling down and keeping everything consistent?
  • SOmeone will be able to explain this better than me but I think it is because computers deal with stuff in multiples of 4, so they can process it more efficiently if it is a multiple of 4.

It is more a hangover from when I was doing textures for real time and games as they require it to display properly but it is good practice in general.
  • If any of you guys want the original of the drawing i did for you then im happy to send it out in the post.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • SOmeone will be able to explain this better than me but I think it is because computers deal with stuff in multiples of 4, so they can process it more efficiently if it is a multiple of 4.

It is more a hangover from when I was doing textures for real time and games as they require it to display properly but it is good practice in general.
    Ah that makes sense. Should have probably been able to work it out for myself
    really.
  • WP_000738.jpgJust about to work on a painting of my son. 
    Doing a couple of practice runs to get the body shape right.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Couple of sectional renders and a interior render of my final project for uni. Much improved from last time. First one is a (320mb) work in progress, will be printed at about 1.1m wide:
    BInjbUlCQAMSKBi.jpg:large

357r3at.jpg

2zsqryr.jpg
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Preposterous, who puts books on a couch.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    @Euan

Water appears to be a big theme in your work... Is that your choice, or a result of the briefs you're given?
  • @Euan Water appears to be a big theme in your work... Is that your choice, or a result of the briefs you're given?

It's a hydrotherapy centre we need to design, mate, so the fact that you recognise that makes me pleased!
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Euan wrote:
    @Euan Water appears to be a big theme in your work... Is that your choice, or a result of the briefs you're given?
    It's a hydrotherapy centre we need to design, mate, so the fact that you recognise that makes me pleased!

Lol! My bad! Thought it was a different building! 

That little balcony to the left of the first picture... How are you suspending that?
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I'll say... I-beams.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • fuck knows, added it on last minute, the walls double leaf with concrete and blockwork so yeah i- beams which would continue inside those timber glulam beams which go into the cliff-side so fairly well supported.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Euan wrote:
    fuck knows, added it on last minute
    Let me know when you're done so I can hire you immediately.
  • Ran in here expecting a picture from skerret.
    Skerret wrote:
    I'm unreliable

• Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Hang on.
  • Well someone has to keep this going as well as Euan

WP_000778.jpg

Too late skert.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    WHityqb.png
    Drat.
  • That's amazing.
  • Red hair suits g man..
  • Is that bubble butt photo shopped?
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    watch it
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    also yes, obviously (I drew it in pshop innit)
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Did you use a drawing tablet to do that skerret? It looks great, is it part of something bigger or just a one off?
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Yer, LCD tablet.  Just a sketch for no particular purpose.  I don't really do complete pieces any more, can't be arsed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!