Drawings wot I done
  • That makes my stuff look balls.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Nah, your stuff is lovely dawg.

regards

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    That makes my stuff look balls.
    Stiddleficks.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Yes, poppycock. I think that when you're involved in the process and know in which regards the finished thing doesn't quite live up to what you intended, and so on, it's natural to feel that our own work seems lacking compared to the imagined effortlessness of others'.

It's a misplaced lack of confidence but, on the upside, one that inspires us to try harder and keep learning which is a far better mindset than being conceited about it.

These books on sitting for Freud and Giacometti are an encouraging read.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Another vote for process over product (unless the product is for a specific purpose, i.e. monies, in which case you better get it right).
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Skerret wrote:
    Another vote for process over product.

Ah... But what's the context?
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    <-- love your work rev.

or ^ if you happen to be on the mobile site
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    @DR: personal projects.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Perhaps not the place for this discussion, but did you read the first of the Kojima interviews in last months' Edge, where dude was comparing western working practices with Japanese ones? He effective said that Metal Gear Rising was based on the old Japanese methodology of crafting items without ascribing a "cost" to them, and how now Japanese game devs were now moving towards 'Agile' based practices for art asset creation.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I did not no, is it online?  So he was reluctant to adopt Agile methods?
  • I dont spend enough time on what I do. And when I do, I fuss over details.
    Most of the revatars are done within an hour. If I spend longer then I end up fussing over stuff too much.
    I suppose im lucky that im doing it because I want to as opposed to needing to. I do commercial stuff too but far too cheaply to make it a need but a choice.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Skerret wrote:
    I did not no, is it online?  So he was reluctant to adopt Agile methods?

He's actively adopting them. Bear (and Badger...) in mind that he didn't cite 'Agile' directly... 
    When you read the interview, you'll see what I mean...

http://www.edge-online.com/features/hideo-kojima-outlines-the-ethos-behind-konamis-fox-engine/
  • Good read. Interesting. Design based on personal pride opposed to cost.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Thanks Hanks.
  • This afternoon's work. Pleased with it as it's different to the stuff I usually do ( background made up of random images, as opossed to a site photo.

2jepxzt.jpg
  • Nice. I like it, very moody and very atypical to most visualization stuff.

Are you freelancing currently Euan or working for a company?

I will put some of my stuff up soon but have to wait a few months until it is no longer covered by NDAs.
  • I'm a student mate. 3rd year of a B.Arch. Do a year out next year in practice, want to get into doing some freelance visualization for companies, but final hand in is in a week and also setting up a small company after then so only if I find the time. Some good money in it though, beats working in Lidl like i did up until last month!
  • Ok cool. You are definately on the right road then.

Yeah, give it 6 months after graduation and you will be moaning about the money ;)

My advice would be, if you havent already, make sure you get some time in house freelancing too. The things you can pick up day to day working with peers is solid gold.

Once the dust settles and you get a portfolio together let me know. My company are always after good freelance visualisers. Generally I cover all the 3D in house but it is hard to find people who can visualize purely in photoshop and your PS skills are definately better than mine.
  • I've sent you a PM.
  • amazing stuff Euan.
  • WP_000789.jpgWhat I am working on at the moment.
    Just filling in the pencil detail and will hopefully start painting over the weekend.
  • Seems unfortunately topical.
  • Its not for Stuart Hall.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Very nice Rev. Could do with a touch more detail on the two faces on the right, mind.
  • might do the same face on all three...
  • Skerret, Rev. Revvet.

You're both super talented props.
  • Is it meant to be Johnny ball?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I hope not, he'll probably be accused of being a paedophile next week.
  • It is someones grandad.
    I'm so tempted to paint them all with joker make up.
  • Slightly more washed out photo montage of a different project:

f8bd9c_d6adb0d53aa3274ac5dca804686de46b.jpg

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!