Streets of Rage 4 - The Grandest Upper - Out now!
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    LivDiv wrote:
    @Moot Might be the Bare Knuckle 3 club music. That was pretty bleepy and shit.
    That was pretty bad, remember that from when I played it in the retro club. Annoying too, the set up was there for a banger. Wasn't that one though, I'll find and link shortly.

1.02 here Liv, stage 9:

It's....not for me.  And I love my bleeps 'n bloops.

Would like to find a breakdown of what tunes they used.  I recognise some from SOR1, but they're not necessarily from the MD version (for reference, 39mins on the vid, stage 6 - the motif is from round 4 of SOR, but it's not the original music).
  • Yeah I dont recognise that one. Sounds more Golden Axe than anything SoR.
  • What are these throwback boss secrets?
  • There are some hidden bosses from the old games.

To access them you need to find
    Spoiler:

Then hit it
    Spoiler:

You will then be
    Spoiler:

The boss I have fought is
    Spoiler:

• Oh wow I did not know this.  Delicious.
  • Oh, awesome. I thought the arcade cabinets stuck out but couldn't figure out what to do with them.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Did one by accident, a stabby boy got smacked around.
  • Ok caved in to gamepass trial to try this.
    Now loading....
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • I've failed on the last boss for 3 times with Blaze, will try those Easter egg bosses once I fuck these two little cunts up.
  • One hit left I had the fucker, bastard.
  • What difficulty are you guys playing? Normal?
    Can't be that hard? Is Mania still there?
  • This one seems built around co-op more than the Mega Drive games. It's definitely harder solo.
  • Solo normal here, blaze.
  • Played through on Normal twice in co-op and had a dabble on Mania solo to try it out.
  • I have completed Solo with Floyd on Easy.
    Got to the final boss on Normal.

It is definitely easier in co-op.
  • Patch was for a bug involving the Brasilian Portuguese version, bone will get the video filters next week hopefully.
  • I died on stage 4 boss twice and had to take a break. Will go back soon.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Game is definitely harder than md originals.
    On pc it seems to hate the DS4 dpad input.
    Switched to 360 pad as that one doesn't seem to have that issue and dpad control is much more consistent and solid.

Might be an x-input support thing. Hope they've solved it with the steam release.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    There are some hidden bosses from the old games.

To access them you need to find
    Spoiler:

Then hit it
    Spoiler:

You will then be
    Spoiler:

The boss I have fought is
    Spoiler:

Now to find out whether JonB will admit he never knew this or pretends he did but couldn’t tell us cos reviewing :D
  • I didn't know until someone mentioned it the other day.

I've done a couple of them since. There's another on level 5 I haven't accessed yet. Wondering if that will have any connection to
    Spoiler:
  • hunk wrote:
    Game is definitely harder than md originals. On pc it seems to hate the DS4 dpad input. Switched to 360 pad as that one doesn't seem to have that issue and dpad control is much more consistent and solid. Might be an x-input support thing. Hope they've solved it with the steam release.

Reading this back, shit support for PS4 controller for xbox pc games in MS store.
    Surprise shocker but still a dissapointment as the DS4 has become my main go to pc controller...
  • JonB wrote:
    I didn't know until someone mentioned it the other day.

I've done a couple of them since. There's another on level 5 I haven't accessed yet. Wondering if that will have any connection to
    Spoiler:
    Good shout.
  • Up to stage 9 with the lad - were still having a grand old time. Fave characters so far are Cherry and Blaze (me) and Floyd (the lad).
    Gamertag: gremill
  • JonB wrote:
    I didn't know until someone mentioned it the other day. I've done a couple of them since. There's another on level 5 I haven't accessed yet. Wondering if that will have any connection to
    Spoiler:
    Good shout.
    No, it wasn't.
  • Just about scraped through level 6 on Hardest first try.

I lost a life early and never thought I'd get through that bit with all the weapons before the boss, but I only lost 1 more life there and came through on my last with just a small chunk of health left.

Made a run for the roast chicken as soon as the boss started, and from there managed to get it done. Phew.
  • I don't fancy fighting Max on harder difficulties.
  • That section on Stage 6 is rough but I think the boss is one of the easier ones given his history.
  • Just got hoofed again on a boss.
    Not sure what is causing it but it often seems to be proceeded by framerate drops. I'm wondering if the person I'm playing with is crashing out. Anyone played this on the OG bone?
  • Man you can tell the people who didnt grow up playing these games with friends/siblings.
    Hogging the items like some do would lead to the kind of fight that results in severe dead arms and the console put on a time out.

Basic rules.
    Player with the lowest health gets first dibs on food.
    Then the other player gets food and first dibs on money.
    This resets with every set of barrels, crates etc.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!