Streets of Rage 4 - The Grandest Upper - Out now!
  • Well I'm not getting 30 this week.
    Full of those Y twats.

I will give it a go with another character but I hate fighting them two and they appear to be the theme of this one.
  • Got to 18 with Adam.

That'll do me this week.
    Too may Mr Ys, just not fun for me.
  • Can't get passed level 18 either!  Every time, I'm pretty much stuffed from that level with the 2 swinging ball breaker thingies (maybe level 16 or 17?).  

How good is this DLC though?  You guys weren't kidding.  Super impressed.  Agree the normal arcade mode needs the survival power ups.

You know it's crazy good DLC when it improves the main game that was already best in genre and instantly has you daydreaming about SOR5.
    When you got movies like Tom Cruise in them, you can't lose
  • Still haven't tried this week's yet, sat/sun I'll get stuck in.
  • I would still love a new story chapter.
  • nick_md wrote:
    I would still love a new story chapter.

Oh yes. Maybe there could be a DLC with 4-5 new levels and the power-ups incorporated?
    Can't get passed level 18 either!  Every time, I'm pretty much stuffed from that level with the 2 swinging ball breaker thingies (maybe level 16 or 17?).   

For me there are a few survival levels which push right up to frustrating not because of the enemies but the environment. I think this is why this weeks survival has felt less appealing - battling the Y twins does need space to move and some of the levels really work against that.

Still awesome fun though.
    SFV - reddave360
  • I was playing random the other night and got an absolutely mental level.
    It was the wrestling ring with pit and 4 or 5 wrecking balls hitting each other.

I just stood there and let the level win for me. I had to deal with a couple of enemies that spawned on me thats it.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    RedDave2 wrote:
    nick_md wrote:
    I would still love a new story chapter.

Oh yes. Maybe there could be a DLC with 4-5 new levels and the power-ups incorporated?

Plus Roo, Zan and Skate as playable characters.
  • Anyone gonna tell him?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I mean updated versions.
  • Ah the small print :)
  • Yossarian wrote:
    I mean updated versions.

Was thinking the same. Its nice having the mega drive sprites but I'd love proper versions. Roo is ridiculous for high combos and I've just discovered you can spawn the clown guy - not sure how many but I had 2 of them helping me at one point.

@livdiv - I got that level as well (early on too) - I think it's near impossible to do that type of setup without a bucket of luck. One hit will see you bounce from swinging ball to electrified rope back to swing ball.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Haha yeah, definitely don't go flying kicking into the mix.

The more updated characters the merrier.
    I dont know if others have noticed but the leaderboards for the weeklys only count SOR4 characters. Im not likely to ever get near them but I only pick those characters on weeklys for that reason.
  • I tend to stick with Sor4 Shiva anyway. He has a lot of tools that allow flexibility - especially if you switch his blitz to the flying kick as that gets you past bullets and once you have double jump you can cancel out of it. He only lacks the weapon holding but I like the instant throwing aspect.

This week I got to level 19 with the 2 Ms Ys in the confined boxing ring... I think thats as much as I'll get this week.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Gah level 24 is so frustrating it’s just wave after wave of coordinating fuckers. Only got past it once earlier in the week (then got wrecked in 25) so that’s my best this week
  • Push a bit further to 21. That's me done. I'll wait for the next challenge.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Has a new week started or is this the Y heavy one still?
  • Ends sunday-into-monday midnight I think.
  • Booo-urns.
    I was hoping for a new run this weekend.

I'll just unlock some moves in random I guess. Its got its claws in this Survival business.

Edit: Fair play getting to 24 Funk and 21 Dave.
  • nick_md wrote:
    Ends sunday-into-monday midnight I think.
    Also well remembered that I dont know how midnight works.
  • Haha, I did genuinely think of that :D
  • nick_md wrote:
    Ends sunday-into-monday midnight I think.

I was wrong btw, ends tonight.
  • 22 with Max just there.
  • Cool will give it a go tomorrow.
  • Whats the best approach with Max - I'd love to get good with him as a change from Shiva? Went up to level 17 I think with Blaze - I cannot figure out her best way to play although I started getting really throw happy the last few rounds. I play both Axel and Adam in the same style as Shiva so I just feel both are that bit more limited. Cherry is almost too mobile for some rounds and I'm not really good with Floyd anyway.
    SFV - reddave360
  • I should stop using Axel really. I was an Adam man for the campaign but he doesn't seem to clear crowds too well in the survival mode.
  • Sometimes its worth experimenting with a mix of the moves once unlocked.
  • Best score on the random sim is 17 with Cherry. This is tough, no idea how you guys got so far!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!