Digital Decks. aka #Skate4
  • zBaoJlM.gif

9xJfMnL.gif

Turning v-sync off in the options seems to improve framerate enough to notice here

Check the boss editing there eh
  • How do you untether the camera in the replay?
  • X to change camera angle to free mode. Hit up that IG tutorial I linked. All the keystroke stuff is complicated but very rewarding. That first gif there uses that.
  • I am assuming that keystrokes are their way of referring to keyframes and it's spinning me out seeing them referred to as much when the term already exists in every piece of editing software. It makes for good videos though.
  • Yeah it's probably just me getting the terminology wrong. What is interpolation? I don't fully understand it, I just can follow those tutorial steps and get okay results. The game flakes out and crashes when you try to edit or remove the FOV one.
  • Interpolation is working out the motion between two keyframes.

If your is in a position at keyframe 1, then you move your camera and put at keyframe on frame 24, interpolation works out the position of the camera for the other 22 frames.
  • Got ya, thought it was along those lines.

There's folk out there on reddit with full blown pro skate "parts" like it's a new Enjoi dvd or summat. Mad.

Next goal: hippy flips. I will land one that is a promise.
  • Just set up a wager with my best mate who also as into this game as I am. First to land a clean hippy flip gets a tenner.

Two Kings pushing each other towards greatness, we love to see it.
  • Might have taken 400 attempts but landing a sweet kickflip backside boardslide down the Brooklyn Banks handrails had me woo hooing like no game has in a long time.
    Xbox - Boozy The Clown
    Forza4Lyfe
  • It started to click last night. I did a 180 from the start point then there's a small concrete ledge next to a wheelchair ramp. I just set the marker down and practised for an hour. Basic ollie to 5050. Then 50. Then nose grinds. Then boardslides. Before I moved on I'd managed a kickflip backside tailslide along it.

Then spent another hour at the Brooklyn Banks handrails learning backside boardslides on it.

A very intimidating game due to the massive number of tricks available and the precision required to pull off even the basics but it had me giving it the big Yeahs when I pulled something I was setting out to do.

It truly is the Dark Souls of skateboarding games and makes Skate look ridiculous in the same way Skate made the Tony Hawks games look ridiculous.

The satisfaction in landing something clean that you intended to pull off rather than mashing buttons or randomly twiddling the sticks is priceless. The subtlety and depth of control it gives you means you can actually style out your tricks rather than simply activating a pre baked animation.

I know I'm going to love this the more I play and learn it's inticacies.

Crosspost from the'muk.
    Xbox - Boozy The Clown
    Forza4Lyfe
  • Yes boozy, that's the stuff.

Top tip for grinds: double tap the trigger on the side you want to pop out on, helps you on the way if you want to keep it clean.

How close am I to landing a clean hippy flip?

Ptq3iIr.jpg
    That close. Arrrrrgh!
  • Also boozy, get some clips up here I wanna see it! Same for everyone else (shabs, boolitt?), let's get DAT BUTTA
  • I was gonna post a gif of my bullshit double kickflip to grind but on watching it back I saw it kinda glitched and ollied off the lower step so didn't look good. Need to get some clean lines going
  • Wanna post a guide of how to giffage/video on this clusterfuck of a forum ?

Lols
    Xbox - Boozy The Clown
    Forza4Lyfe
  • Make an account on gamerdvr.com

On your Xbox, make sure your options for when you want a clip made are set, make sure they "Upload To Xbox Live" automatically

Get yr replay in game spot on, "Xbox record that", and wait a min. Visit gamerdvr and login.

Find your clip and scroll under it to see the gif icon. Go there and use the sliders to create it. Once saved it'll be in your gifs area of gamerdvr. Find your gif and save the HQ version using the links underneath. Upload to imgur and post like any other image. Job done.
  • Also boozy, get some clips up here I wanna see it! Same for everyone else (shabs, boolitt?), let's get DAT BUTTA

Went through the tutorial after FNF last week, probably not the best state of mind to begin with.
    Will get going once I finish off red dead 2 coz I tried playing that after doing the tutorial and nearly kickflipped me horse.
    2 games with wildly different controls likes.
  • Boolitt wrote:
    nearly kickflipped me horse.

Proper LOL
    Xbox - Boozy The Clown
    Forza4Lyfe
  • Git gud, lads. Come on! :p

Entered their 24hr spot challenge on insta. Best trick at the Pyramid Ledges
    Some of the entries already are mind blowing.

I managed a 270 BS hardflip to crooked to 360 hardflip out. That's enough for me!
  • Thats not a real trick. You wanna go for a yabble flip to dabble grind on the Chin McRad.
    Xbox - Boozy The Clown
    Forza4Lyfe
  • Y'ALL THOUGHT I'D LET THE THREAD DIE????

NUH UH SON, WE KEEP IT ONE HUNNIT ALWAYS

put together a wee sesh edit from a spot, showing you all ways you can do it

Class.
  • Found a new spot. Fell in love with a new spot.

Game keeps giving.

• I'm definitely still in the flail and hope for the best stage.
  • Well I had a few days where I just couldn't get on to play and it shown a couple nights back when I returned and was rusty as fuck.

Here's a few nice bits I got though

The devs came out a few days ago saying they are prepping a major physics overhaul, aiming for even more realism. Whilst I'm fearful they mess with the secret sauce this game currently has, I can see where improvements can be made, and applaud their quest for absolute realism. Skater XL and its weirdly bouncy looking physics is out very soon and it'd be a shame to see Session lose momentum. It's a simply brilliant effort.

Onwards!
  • Are you rotating for the grinds with the triggers?
  • Yep. How quickly they're pressed as you pop has a bearing on how quick you do it. Can also be used when ending a grind.
  • Ah, might have been doing it late and so don't spin properly
  • Right so I *should* have Skater XL waiting for me when I get home tonight. Looks to have a similar control scheme to Session, but there's something about the physics that seems off. Very bouncy.

Still, I've payed my moneys so I'll give it a fair crack. Will most likely rinse it and go back to Session and await updates.
  • Is it out out now?
    I have a feeling you'll not find it as rewarding as Session. It leans a bit more towards the Skate side of physics than aiming for true realism. In the early access I've played anyway
  • Yeah should've been out by about an hour ago. Awaiting a physical copy from shopto.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!