PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Don’t do it Vere!!
  • b0r1s wrote:
    Don’t do it Vere!!

Too late...it is the Black Friday deal though. And I don’t see it becoming less!
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    It’s was late call reverse psychology. I really wanted you to buy it :-)
  • Haha! I couldn’t help it, I was only gonna upgrade if I could get a bigger OLED around £1500. Little over budget but, I’m stupid enough to splurge.
  • Think my 49NANO866NA has a fault?

Light bleed top right of the screen. Really obvs. Especially in letterbox presentation. None on lwft side?
    PSN - minkymu
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Send it back straight away.
  • Yeah reported to currys. No more stock in the uk until 13/11/20.

However it is watchable till then, but really annoying because i cant unsee it.

PSN - minkymu
  • The fucker tried to get me to contact the manufacturer.

Er no mate ive had it 8 hrs. Its faulty. Get me a new one.
    PSN - minkymu
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    13th isn't too bad tbf. Yeah, tell em to fuck off.

Go Sevenoaks in future mate. I'm sure they'll price match and customer service has been the best I've ever had.
  • Minkymu wrote:
    Think my 49NANO866NA has a fault?

Light bleed top right of the screen. Really obvs. Especially in letterbox presentation. None on lwft side?

That’s really annoying, sorry to hear that. Deffo the right thing to get it replaced.
  • Do we have such a thread for soundbars etc? Not sure how I’m gonna get the best out of my bar in my new set-up.
  • Fuck it ive ordered a 55 inch oled and got a refund on the 49 inch nanocell

Went lg bx 55 in the end as its too tempting at £1099
    PSN - minkymu
  • I got my 55" B9 about this time last year for £1099...I got my dates wrong and bought the weekend before black friday but the price didn't seem to come down any more during that. So hopefully you guys have picked up a super TV at the best price you'll get this year.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Minkymu wrote:
    Fuck it ive ordered a 55 inch oled and got a refund on the 49 inch nanocell Went lg bx 55 in the end as its too tempting at £1099

Good man, ordered the 65" BX myself on Saturday.

Only problem now is sound. My current soundbar is an absolute animal, Atmos on it is incredible and I wasn't looking at changing for some time. However, its not 2.1 pass through so the consoles are gonna have to go direct to the TV meaning the only output to it is going to be via the TV optical I think, meaning only some form of surround but I'm not sure yet. Can't think of a workaround.
    Artist also known as Verecocha...
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    You might have to wait for the whole HDMI 2.1 sound equipment area to mature, sounds like a bit of a mare at the moment.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Officer_V wrote:
    Minkymu wrote:
    Fuck it ive ordered a 55 inch oled and got a refund on the 49 inch nanocell Went lg bx 55 in the end as its too tempting at £1099

Good man, ordered the 65" BX myself on Saturday.

Only problem now is sound. My current soundbar is an absolute animal, Atmos on it is incredible and I wasn't looking at changing for some time. However, its not 2.1 pass through so the consoles are gonna have to go direct to the TV meaning the only output to it is going to be via the TV optical I think, meaning only some form of surround but I'm not sure yet. Can't think of a workaround.

PS5 doesn't have an optical out does it?

Appreciate they are a chunk but have you got an AV receiver that's 2.1 compatible? You could hook the console up to that via hdmi then connect the soundbar up via optical back to the receiver.

EDIT: Sorry just thought, sounds like your soundbar doesnt have an optical out
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    You might have to wait for the whole HDMI 2.1 sound equipment area to mature, sounds like a bit of a mare at the moment.
    Yep, that's the only route forward. Real shame to lose the real output from the soundbar as its been amazing.
    Eric wrote:
    Officer_V wrote:
    Minkymu wrote:
    Good man, ordered the 65" BX myself on Saturday. Only problem now is sound. My current soundbar is an absolute animal, Atmos on it is incredible and I wasn't looking at changing for some time. However, its not 2.1 pass through so the consoles are gonna have to go direct to the TV meaning the only output to it is going to be via the TV optical I think, meaning only some form of surround but I'm not sure yet. Can't think of a workaround.
    PS5 doesn't have an optical out does it? Appreciate they are a chunk but have you got an AV receiver that's 2.1 compatible? You could hook the console up to that via hdmi then connect the soundbar up via optical back to the receiver. EDIT: Sorry just thought, sounds like your soundbar doesnt have an optical out

No it'll have to be an optical out from the TV to the soundbar. I've not even looked but I doubt there's many 2.1 enabled soundbars at the moment that aren't a forune and after this months outlay I won't have any spending money for a long time.

It'll be both consoles into the 2x 2.1 ports on the TV then an optical out from TV to soundbar. I know OPT doesn't carry Atmos signals but not sure what it can output. Anyone know off the top of their head?
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Doubt it will carry even 5.1

Most TV optical ports don’t pass through anything other than Stereo. There used to be some Sony sets that did it, but even less so now that HMDI ARC is the main solution.

@Minkymu - nice choice mate :-)
  • b0r1s wrote:
    Doubt it will carry even 5.1 Most TV optical ports don’t pass through anything other than Stereo. There used to be some Sony sets that did it, but even less so now that HMDI ARC is the main solution. @Minkymu - nice choice mate :-)

Yeah thought as much, will just have to use Headphones and save for a 2.1 enabled atmos bar.
  • What 4K monitor should I get for next gen and are the sub £300 ones up to snuff?
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I haven’t looked into monitors in a while, but bear in mind a lot of them were geared to DisplayPort to carry the high frame rate and resolution. I would think monitors with 4K/120 via an HDMI 2.1 port are fairly new so probably not cheap.
  • 1440p is 144hz right?? Fucking minefield.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Ahh you are just after 1440p?

Much more choice then.

1440p is the resolution (also called 2k) and will look fine on a smaller screen.

144hz is the refresh rate, again fine as your console will only output 120hz max.

And you don’t need HDMI 2.1 as less bandwidth required.

However, the PS5 currently doesn’t support 1440p so it would downgrade to 1080p. Which wouldn’t be great.

EDIT - actually what console(s) are you getting?
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Yeah forget the 2.1 spec for now, you ain’t gonna get it cheap in a monitor. Just did some Googling and ASUS is the first to release this year, but I didn’t find pricing. Expect em to be around the £500+ mark though.

So you want the best 4K 60hz gaming monitor you can get. With HDMI 2.1 not being a feature you won’t unlock the frame rate. Unless you are buying a PC you won’t make use of it.

In the past Acer and ASUS (ROG line) are generally the best.
  • I'm getting a PS5 and Series S. The Series S will be hooked up to the monitor. I thought about 4K so I've got the option should I ever take the PS5 away from the lounge TV...

I was looking at this...

AOC C27G1 27" Curved VA LED FHD (1920x1080) Freesync 144Hz Height adjustable Gaming monitor. (VGA, HDMI x 2, DisplayPort) - Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DTGXKK7/ref=cm_sw_r_u_apa_fabc_S1sQFbVZY93Y5

I can get 1440p on that I think???
  • At the distance you are from a monitor I would definitely try and go above 1080p.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I’ve found this 4K with a great review.

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/benq-el2870u-gaming-monitor-review/

That AOC has features you can’t use through the HDMI port. You would be better off paying for picture quality and good HDR. And the 4K means the PS5 doesn’t downscale it to 1080p.

It’s also got 1ms response time. It is a TN panel which means off angle colour will shift, but most people sit dead on to a gaming monitor

https://www.ebuyer.com/910955-benq-el2870ue-28-4k-hdr-monitor-9h-lgtlb-fse?wgu=267255_162949_16049228609579_c9d0ac5a83&wgexpiry=1612698860&utm_source=webgains&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=60869&utm_campaign=Future%20Publishing%20Ltd_162949
  • Soooo the mrs is stating the new oled is giving her eye ache cos its too bright. This is in cinema home or filmaker or cinema modes (3 darkest default settings)

I think shes not used to bright colours next to pure black. It can fry your brain especially on a 55 inch in s room really only big enough for a 48 inch

Might have to dive into the settings and adjust oled light etc.

Anyone recommend any settings configurations or a good site for that? If you tweak wrongly you can mess your pictures up worse
    PSN - minkymu
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Check the AV Forums owners thread for your model.

Only thing I really tweaked on mine was I put -12 blue in the colour white balance settings across the board and in a lot of cases set the temp as warm 1 rather than warm 2. Note that Cinema is a smidge duller than Cinema Home so less blinding in a dark room. Cinema Home I use for daytime viewing.

And if watching Dolby Vision you won’t get filmmaker as an option so I keep that for non DV HDR.

I’d then tweak the backlight to suit your lighting. I never have a pitch black room as it is tiring on the eyes. I have a lamp to the side set about 3 feet away.

I also switch off nearly all the processing and drop the sharpness to zero. Think it defaults at 10 or something.

Game mode I’ve tweaked a few other things but can’t recall now what they are.
  • Minkymu wrote:
    Soooo the mrs is stating the new oled is giving her eye ache cos its too bright. This is in cinema home or filmaker or cinema modes (3 darkest default settings)

I think shes not used to bright colours next to pure black. It can fry your brain especially on a 55 inch in s room really only big enough for a 48 inch

Might have to dive into the settings and adjust oled light etc.

Anyone recommend any settings configurations or a good site for that? If you tweak wrongly you can mess your pictures up worse

Get some bias lighting.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!