PC Monitors & TVs thread
  • Verecocha wrote:
    I’m absolutely in love with it but it’s huge...

My mrs says that about my cock tbf
    PSN - minkymu
  • b0r1s wrote:
    For those of you with LG Oled’s some settings for Xbox Series X best pic etc. Vincent knows his stuff.

Was just going to watch that as i got a YouTube notification.

PSN - minkymu
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Covers B models too he said.
  • Yup c9 cx b9 and bx. B models will obvs be darker as they are approx 20% less in nits brightness
    PSN - minkymu
  • Got my soundbar! The wee Panasonic one. Only 80W but I'm not in a large room and most crucially, it fits perfect.

se5VFy4.jpg

Now am I losing anything by using optical over Hdmi? I don't have any of the three ports spare so just went and bought an optical cable from Asda.
  • Optical will still deliver pcm digital audio as a bitstream you only loose the ability for arc/earc by not using hdmi.

Basically your soundbar most likely wont turn on when your tv does and youll have to use a separate remote. No hard ship
    PSN - minkymu
  • Fair enough. I'm going to get a universal remote anyway so I can just use macros and program it to all work in sync.
  • Thought fuck it and removed the PS4 and plugged it into hdmi, found out what the hdmi-cec stuff meant in the series x menus, and now everything is working together!

Just need the new Xbox remote and my one remote solution is done I think?
  • Got some proper audio lag on my arc commected lg sn7cy atmos bar when connected to my oled b9. Does ot woth all apps and the series x. Did it on old lg tv too. Av sync adjustment does nothing?

Any ideas?

Might try optical rather than earc

PSN - minkymu
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Silly question, but are your cables all high speed? Just in case you are running an old HDMI 1.4 cable in the mix and you are getting a delay somewhere.

Also, in the Sound settings go into Additional and check:

eARC - On

DTV Audio Setting - auto

Digital sound out - try pass through if auto isn’t working

I switched to Auto after trying pass through and getting some issues on my Apple TV
  • Yeah defo

Pass through and auto are enabled earc on.

Shit it might not be a 2.1 cable in the earc?
    PSN - minkymu
  • Auto was worse. Do you think optical would be better as ive just bought a cable
    PSN - minkymu
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Not 2.1 you just need a 2.0 for Atmos
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Optical has less bandwidth, so max you will get is 5.1. If you are paying for an Atmos bar I’m guessing you’d like the extra speaker stuff.

Just to be clear are you getting a delay on built in apps too? Or just stuff from an external device?
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Also under  AV sync adjustment there is an option to bypass. Not sure what that does.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    And also check firmware updates for TV and sound bar and lastly, check this...

https://www.reddit.com/r/OLED/comments/dyr6vr/lg_c9_arcearc_dolby_digital_lipsync_issue_fixed/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf this is not my comment I stole it from reddit if you want the link I shared it above. Also this fixed all my problems with my Xbox and Dolby atmos delay

Set sound output on TV to internal speaker > enabled Dolby Atmos > enabled AI Sound. (Did this as soon as I powered on the TV during intial setup, so I included the step here just in case it's part of the equation).

Set sound output to HDMI Arc > Output to Auto > Then made sure the sound output was BITSTREAM instead of PCM. (Noticable sync lag on XBOX One X and PC using Dolby Atmos content and youtube audio sync videos to confirm lag)

Set sound output on TV back to internal speaker, then disabled Atmos and AI sound.

Set sound back to HDMI ARC > Flipped output from Auto to Passthrough, to PCM, then back to Passthrough. Instantly the content synced and the issue was resolved. Confirmed Atmos was being played through my AVR on both XBOX One X and PC.
  • I defo think its a 1.4

Yeah all audio from tv is out to atmos bar via earc so i guess i need a high speed cable. Bought a 2.1 i get it sunday
    PSN - minkymu
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Lol, you only needed a 2.0 though for sound. Don’t want people to think I’m encouraging cable buying.
  • I actually used your link you ho
    PSN - minkymu
  • Ok i think the 2.1 cable (thanks Boris) has done the job of fixing the lag.

Playing dolby atmos netflix content (which was the worst) there seems to be a pretty decent match now. Maybe a milli milli second. Its so tiny im not even sure its real. Might be my brain looking for a fault.

More content needs to be tested to make sure thats fixed it. But it seems promising.

The lg forums are full of lag woes, so fingers crossed
    PSN - minkymu
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    So if it's a delay then there's nothing else you can adjust, but if the voice is ahead of the lip sync then you can adjust on the TV
  • Having to turn off the soundbar when I plug my headset in for party chat as there's a definite delay. Its ever so slight but my internal Former Drummer tempo machine can't take it. Have I a similar problem then? I just used the hdmi cable from the PS4, definitely more than a few years old.

No big hassle either way. I just don't like the dinky aoundbar remote, but on that note the Xbox media remote should arrive today and everything I need (Xbox, tv/soundbar volume) should work through that.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    If it’s a 1.4 cable then it could be be. If the cable says high speed on the side then it’s not the cable.
  • The lg tvs only have a plus av sync not a minus. So its a bit shit for a £1200 tv.

But atm i think its sorted. If not its defo bearable atm.

Boris can sort you a cable Gav
    PSN - minkymu
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Thing is once delay is in the sound. Due to the TV processing slowly. There’s no way to get it back. What I don’t understand is why you can’t then add a delay to the image output to sync that way. Guessing it’s not that simple or someone would have offered it as a feature.
  • Yep, was a bog standard in there so I found a hi speed one and seems a bit better!
  • Yup theres still a delay on audio. You can feel it on the series x especially. Gun shots are registered after the shot by a fraction. Apparently a sharc arc box will sort it but thats £150 so i will see if i can live with it first. I mostly play xbox in my 7.1 atmos headphones anyway.
    PSN - minkymu
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Could you switch to Dolby Digital instead of Atmos and see if that makes it any better?
  • This thread should be renamed the "b0r1s & Minkymu TV advice guide". :)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!