Whore-ding
  • All the best summoning salt history vids are when two people are pushing each other, beating each others record by fractions of seconds every day/week, new tech being found out, new strats etc. It's a race for who can achieve xyz first, and the head-to-head nature is what makes it so thrilling. This has none of that now, hence the lost drama.

The world continues to turn etc but a dick move it was.
  • Devil's advocate post:

This guy spent 15 months, in secret, with the other people who knew what he was doing also not saying anything the entire time, beating the current records, while at the same time running a campaign of disinformation against his rivals by posting times for a completely different set of races to keep people busy on those. 

It's unsportsmanlike in the realm of sunshine and lollipops, but it's a hell of an undertaking. 15 months of work in secret, to dethrone the current champ. If you as a player realise that your only way to get the number one slot is to post all the records at once because the other guy is so good that he will just take the records back before you post enough other times, then go for it. It's not against the rules. In any competitive environment there will be people who look for the advantages they can get that are outside the scope of the game without being against the rules. 

I think what's most interesting to me is the group of people who cannot even countenance that someone would do this and are apoplectic, while also participating in what appears to be a fiercely competitive community.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Still a dick move.
  • nick_md wrote:
    All the best summoning salt history vids are when two people are pushing each other, beating each others record by fractions of seconds every day/week, new tech being found out, new strats etc. It's a race for who can achieve xyz first, and the head-to-head nature is what makes it so thrilling. This has none of that now, hence the lost drama. The world continues to turn etc but a dick move it was.
    That's fair enough and from the POV of the community, then yeah dick move. No sympathy for the deposed champ though.
  • I can kinda agree with that - no sympathy that he lost his record, but sympathy that he missed out on the thrill of the chase, and presumably has to start his grind now rather than back when the record was actually beaten.
  • I’m just confused by the whore in the thread title.

We must solve this mystery
  • His forum apology riles me though especially all the religious redemption shit.

I appreciate he wants to be re-accepted by the community again but just grow some balls and say it wasn't in the spirit but hey I'm the reigning World Champ!!
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • Yeah you've got to style it right after a heel turn like that.
  • "Get rekd, scrubs" he should cry, "for I am the fucking champion. Look upon my works and despair!"
  • hahaha
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Roujin wrote:
    Short of actual cheating, this is the shittiest move I've ever seen in the MK64 community.

Dan: you hid your progress for over a year, and for what? So you could stroke your ego by claiming to have been champ for at least a day? Don't make me laugh. This was nothing more than a year of cowardice during which you deprived the community of what could have been a thrilling battle for the title and a fantastic story line to follow. Instead, as far as I'm concerned, you've tainted your entire legacy as a player with this sham, and your name appears in the Past Champions page not as a source of glory but as a mark of shame. Forget MJ, you're the chump.

I am absolutely appalled by this situation, and I can only imagine how awful waking up to this news must be for MR. I view this as a complete and utter betrayal of the community and of its competitive integrity.

I hope MR regains his title as quickly as possible.

What a disgrace.

come-dine-with-me.jpg
  • I hope it’s worth it!
  • Roujin wrote:
    Short of actual cheating, this is the shittiest move I've ever seen in the MK64 community.

Dan: you hid your progress for over a year, and for what? So you could stroke your ego by claiming to have been champ for at least a day? Don't make me laugh. This was nothing more than a year of cowardice during which you deprived the community of what could have been a thrilling battle for the title and a fantastic story line to follow. Instead, as far as I'm concerned, you've tainted your entire legacy as a player with this sham, and your name appears in the Past Champions page not as a source of glory but as a mark of shame. Forget MJ, you're the chump.

I am absolutely appalled by this situation, and I can only imagine how awful waking up to this news must be for MR. I view this as a complete and utter betrayal of the community and of its competitive integrity.

I hope MR regains his title as quickly as possible.

What a disgrace.

come-dine-with-me.jpg

God, I love that clip. Now get out of my house.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Fight dick with dick is my motto #teamdan
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Having said that, I'm still salty at moot about fucking trackmania turbo.
  • Australia on fire, coronavirus, and now this. 2020 can do one.
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • This story rules, I appreciate learning of it.
  • Granted I find speedrun culture morbidly fascinating anyway, but this is definitely a step up.
  • Brooks wrote:
    Granted I find speedrun culture morbidly fascinating anyway, but this is definitely a step up.

This is a good one B:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7u1tVD7UEqw

Dude just transitions into a cowboy at some point.
  • I have a peculiar appreciation for how much some people get into this stuff. I was watching a random vid the other week, and although I can’t remember any exact quotes, there was plenty content along the lines of...

‘And then on February 21st 2004, CheddarBot9 achieved a time of 2:04 on Goldeneye’s hardest level- the greatest accomplishment of his illustrious career- cementing his status as the most talented player in a generation’

I really don’t get it yet somehow I still sort of like it
  • My thing is Smash Bros, bitcoin maximalists, and ASOIAF lore and dramas between the YouTube lore cottage industry. I guess I do like ASOIAF and am into the books, but bitcoin I don't own/ crypto is a scam and I have never played smash. It's just fascinating to get into these dweeby feuds.
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • I have a peculiar appreciation for how much some people get into this stuff. I was watching a random vid the other week, and although I can’t remember any exact quotes, there was plenty content along the lines of... ‘And then on February 21st 2004, CheddarBot9 achieved a time of 2:04 on Goldeneye’s hardest level- the greatest accomplishment of his illustrious career- cementing his status as the most talented player in a generation’ I really don’t get it yet somehow I still sort of like it

Could be Karl Jobst by the sound of it, he does loads of GoldenEye stuff. I find his delivery rather cringey and stilted-sounding, but his content is nearly always good.
  • History of Blindfolded Punch-Out was another cracker:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZT6JEOC3D8
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    And we thought Billy Mitchell was the apex of videogame drama.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    nick_md wrote:
    I have a peculiar appreciation for how much some people get into this stuff. I was watching a random vid the other week, and although I can’t remember any exact quotes, there was plenty content along the lines of... ‘And then on February 21st 2004, CheddarBot9 achieved a time of 2:04 on Goldeneye’s hardest level- the greatest accomplishment of his illustrious career- cementing his status as the most talented player in a generation’ I really don’t get it yet somehow I still sort of like it
    Could be Karl Jobst by the sound of it, he does loads of GoldenEye stuff. I find his delivery rather cringey and stilted-sounding, but his content is nearly always good.

Prob Goose tbh. He hams it up big time.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    And we thought Billy Mitchell was the apex of videogame drama.

200px-Billy_Mitchell_EE.jpg
  • nick_md wrote:
    I have a peculiar appreciation for how much some people get into this stuff. I was watching a random vid the other week, and although I can’t remember any exact quotes, there was plenty content along the lines of... ‘And then on February 21st 2004, CheddarBot9 achieved a time of 2:04 on Goldeneye’s hardest level- the greatest accomplishment of his illustrious career- cementing his status as the most talented player in a generation’ I really don’t get it yet somehow I still sort of like it
    Prob Goose tbh. He hams it up big time.

Ah yeah he does GE too eh.
  • Did any of you watch the reveal video in the op? I chuckled when I heard another one bites the dust in the background.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Jobst stuff is good because he’s highly ranked so isn’t an outsider looking in. He knows what it takes.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!