Microsoft Flight Simulator - PC/Series X-S/Cloud
  • Limmy actually streamed last night and it was class. Could be trucking x 10.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Watched some of hin learning to fly the Cessna going radge at the dials
  • Nice. I could load that up on my second screen
  • Here's an example of a 'legit' flight in a Cessna 172 -

I definitely want to do a full realistic flight with something at some point, going to take me a bit to learn everything so I'll start with a fairly simple plane.

One thing he mentions is keeping on eye on the third party planes to make sure they actually match or exceed the quality of the default planes by Asobo, there's one addon plane in the store atm and apparently it's not really up to the level of Asobo's planes in terms of sounds. There will be plenty of reviews of the third party stuff I'm sure.
  • The beauty is you can just turn on realism one step at a time and grind your way there.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Yeah, it was fun learning that I need to switch fuel tanks during a flight, so as to not run out and plummet into the sea :p
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Zr5XqpO.png

c01IYpK.png

I'm gonna need a few more paddles on my Xbox Elite pad :/
  • There's no end of button combos and things for most of the controls, have a look in the settings. It's pretty mad. They've definitely spent some time on the controller layout which is nice.
  • The quality of the textures and buildings in my area is pretty low sadly, but it's still amazing really. The clouds are the star of the show in this -

4oOfu54.png

7D27oOT.png
    Unbefuckinglievable.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Stormy skies ahead
  • I think I would love this but it’d also revive my bother at my failed attempts to get a pilot training scholarship
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Stormy skies ahead

Think he’s on Warframe mate
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    There's no end of button combos and things for most of the controls, have a look in the settings. It's pretty mad. They've definitely spent some time on the controller layout which is nice.

Can I control flaps with the Xbox controller? Trainer was telling me to press f5 which is a pain as my mini keyboard doesn’t have function keys.

• Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I would hate every single thing about this game, but it sure looks pretty.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I would hate every single thing about this game, but it sure looks pretty.

It is not "A" game, but it is "The Game"
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    @DS thought you would just like to try it to see what your rig can do when pushed? You can just put it in beginner mode and basically Pilotwings away.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    The install went fine overnight. I did my little first tutorial to see how the thing does controllers and failed that because I landed the bastard Cesna.

Planned a flight from Biggin Hill to Stanstead, took a diversion to see the sights of London village en route, went "the O2 Dome looks ok, there's Big Ben".. , followed my little line and landed at Stanstead. 

And turned off. 

I can see how fans of the genre will get all excited but it did remind me a touch why these things died off back in the day. There's not a great deal to do for the casual and I can see why they haven't used it in too much marketing yet. 

It's a pretty flight sim. We haven't had too many of them getting much noise since the last time they were popular but it still very much a flight sim.. niche.. still very niche.. pretty certainly.. but still niche as all hell.
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • so i fired up my personal pc at lunchtime to start this downloading (note gamepass just downloads a small client and says it's ready, then when you run the game it starts to download 90GB+ of data!).
    anyway, left it running, and switched to my work pc. i have a usb switch here so i just need one set of keyboard+mouse for both machines.
    spent all afternoon working away...switched back to home pc to check progress and it had crashed early on.
    restarted and got it downloading again, only to notice it hang and crash again - it seems when i switch the keyboard/mouse to the other machine, it crashes the game client! :|
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Try some flying around some windy cloudy hills if you want real excitement :P  Mostly though I think it's an excellent chill game for listening to music or podcasts while exploring the Earth.

Also places like London aren't super detailed atm. Seattle/New York are far more impressive due to their photogrammetry.

If you turn off the assists it makes it a lot more challenging too, you have to plan ahead much more and keep an eye on things to make sure your flight doesn't end in catastrophe.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    There's no end of button combos and things for most of the controls, have a look in the settings. It's pretty mad. They've definitely spent some time on the controller layout which is nice.
    Can I control flaps with the Xbox controller? Trainer was telling me to press f5 which is a pain as my mini keyboard doesn’t have function keys.

LB RB are flaps I think.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    b0r1s wrote:
    @DS thought you would just like to try it to see what your rig can do when pushed? You can just put it in beginner mode and basically Pilotwings away.

I love my rig but i aint clearing my SSD for it. Im sure it looks amazing.
  • yeah, it is hungry. game page says 127GB needed!
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Dublin looked like poo so was a bit disappointing. Will check out Amercia later on after I've made a flight from Dublin to Scone Airport and see if I can see my old house.
  • b0r1s wrote:

LB RB are flaps I think.

They are.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Cheers
  • Frosty wrote:
    Dublin looked like poo so was a bit disappointing. Will check out Amercia later on after I've made a flight from Dublin to Scone Airport and see if I can see my old house.

A lot of it’s like that; fine and very realistic looking if you don’t know the place, shit if you do. I’m slightly underwhelmed at the moment but no regrets over the purchase, it’ll no doubt get better and better.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!