The Bear & Badger MMA Thread.
  • TUF: UK Vs. Aus: The Smashes has been confirmed. Rumoured to be Bisping and Hector Lombard as coaches.
    Twitter: Andy_Wharton | PSN: thehumantarget86 | Xbox Live: humantarget86 | Steam: thehumantarget
  • Confirmed as in they have the cast or that its actually going to happen?
  • Does anyone train MMA here?

I'm gsp FYI

• Hulka T wrote:
    Confirmed as in they have the cast or that its actually going to happen?

Confirmed that it's UK vs Aus and called The Smashes. Nothing else confirmed yet.
    Twitter: Andy_Wharton | PSN: thehumantarget86 | Xbox Live: humantarget86 | Steam: thehumantarget
  • Trials in London on the 15th June....
  • Met Ross Pearson, Tom Watson and Brad Pickett today. Really nice guys and all of them stuck around chatting, doing photos and signing photos of themselves (that they provided and were free). A shame about the MMA Live Show, but glad this got sorted :)
  • J1m1
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Beelzespud
    Xbox
    Beelzespud
    Steam
    Beelzespud

Send message
    Met Ross Pearson, Tom Watson and Brad Pickett today. Really nice guys and all of them stuck around chatting, doing photos and signing photos of themselves (that they provided and were free). A shame about the MMA Live Show, but glad this got sorted :)

Bit of a bummer about the show but sounds like it was worth the trip.
    Is Brad Pickett as small in real life as he looks on TV?
    Live/Steam - Beelzespud
  • J1m1 wrote:
    Met Ross Pearson, Tom Watson and Brad Pickett today. Really nice guys and all of them stuck around chatting, doing photos and signing photos of themselves (that they provided and were free). A shame about the MMA Live Show, but glad this got sorted :)
    Bit of a bummer about the show but sounds like it was worth the trip. Is Brad Pickett as small in real life as he looks on TV?

Haha. He really is. Him and Kong squared off and Kong had Pickett lifted up with one arm so they were face to face, haha.

UFC on Fuel TV: Korean Zombie Vs. Poirier is tonight and the Strikeforce Heavyweight Grand Prix final on Saturday.

Also, it's looking as if the coaches for The Smashes are Ross Pearson and George Sotiropoulos
  • UFC on Fuel was an absolutely brilliant event. Cerrone was in there like Anderson Silva, he's made some massive improvements.
  • Korean Zombie is the best fightin' name ever.
  • Anyone see Strikeforce this weekend? Or going to watch UFC 146 this coming Saturday?
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I watched last weeks. Cerrone and Zombie oh my days.

Was gonna watch Strikeforce, but read a write up and didn't seem too hot. Hyped for 146 though.
  • J1m1
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Beelzespud
    Xbox
    Beelzespud
    Steam
    Beelzespud

Send message
    Just watched UFC 146.  Some great fights.

Anyone else see it?
    Live/Steam - Beelzespud
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I'm watching it tonight :)
  • J1m1 wrote:
    Just watched UFC 146.  Some great fights. Anyone else see it?

Just seen it all. Amazing night of fights.
  • J1m1
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Beelzespud
    Xbox
    Beelzespud
    Steam
    Beelzespud

Send message
    Every single fight was good.

It was great to see Dan Hardy back.  The blood in the Velasquez/Silva fight was disturbing.
    I thought that there were a few slow decisions from the referees in some fights.  I know it's easier to say with hindsight but I would have stop a few of them much earlier than the refs did.
    Spoiler:
    Live/Steam - Beelzespud
  • I agree. Mainly by Steve Mazzagatti who absolutely STINKS as a ref.

Dan Hardy was asked if he'd want to fight on the Nottingham card by Ariel Helwani after the show and he seemed pretty uninterested by fighting on a card in his hometown. Strange.
  • I'm just getting towards the end of Chael Sonnen's book thanks to a few nice days of sun and I have to say that it's thoroughly enjoyable. Only about £6 for the Kindle version too.
  • J1m1
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Beelzespud
    Xbox
    Beelzespud
    Steam
    Beelzespud

Send message
    Really looking forward to the Sonnen/Silva rematch.

I was screaming at the TV when Silva beat Sonnen in the first fight.  I find Silva is one of those fighters I love to hate.  You can't help admire him but you want him to lose.  His knock-out of Griffin is a stand out moment for me.
    Live/Steam - Beelzespud
  • J1m1 wrote:
    Really looking forward to the Sonnen/Silva rematch. I was screaming at the TV when Silva beat Sonnen in the first fight.  I find Silva is one of those fighters I love to hate.  You can't help admire him but you want him to lose.  His knock-out of Griffin is a stand out moment for me.

Silva/Griffin was the most surreal match I've ever seen. It was more like a film than a fight, haha.
  • Steven Segal has agreed to be in Street Fighter 5. He'll have one move. Think you know what it is :)

Thought UFC 146 was great - if a little gory. Just me I suppose but blood in a close fight adds to the drama but when someone is getting dominated like Big Foot was, it's quite disturbing.

Also, if we're talking Silva as a guy people like to hate, then I think Mir is the heavyweight version. I just love seeing that guy getting knocked out.
    SFV - reddave360
  • It's a shame, though, because he was really only being dominated because blood was pissing in his eyes.  The end of the fight looked to me like he was giving up out of frustration.
  • Some of you guys rather sonnen to Silva? Sonnen has to be one of the biggest pricks on the planet. He's a trash talking, steroid abusing fraudster whom tapped in front of millions and then said he didn't like a little bitch. I hope Silva breaks his face.
  • J1m1
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Beelzespud
    Xbox
    Beelzespud
    Steam
    Beelzespud

Send message
    Hulka T wrote:
    Some of you guys rather sonnen to Silva? Sonnen has to be one of the biggest pricks on the planet. He's a trash talking, steroid abusing fraudster whom tapped in front of millions and then said he didn't like a little bitch. I hope Silva breaks his face.

I saw an interview with Sonnen a while back and he did come across as a bit of a knob.

I was more disappointed by the fact that (in my opinion) Sonnen was easily winning the Silva fight but The Spider got away with it.  I'm not saying that Silva didn't deserve it but the Britishness in me was routing for the underdog and the victory slipped away at the last minute.
    Live/Steam - Beelzespud
  • Hulka T wrote:
    Some of you guys rather sonnen to Silva? Sonnen has to be one of the biggest pricks on the planet. He's a trash talking, steroid abusing fraudster whom tapped in front of millions and then said he didn't like a little bitch. I hope Silva breaks his face.

What you have to understand with Sonnen is that almost everything he says in promo/on TV etc is a character. He explains this on the Joe Rogan podcast and in his book. He said he just loves a reaction, and I personally think he's the best thing in the UFC.

Like he said with the Silva fight 'I only tapped because I thought it meant I lost that round, not the whole fight. No one explained the rules to me'. He just loves to get people's backs up (by lying, usually). It works and he's shot to stardom since doing it as he was a guy who never had a word to say in the past.
  • Also, the quote from him after he was tested positive was brilliant:

'"My phone rings, they call me up and say, 'Chael, your testosterone level is too high.' I say, 'Well, how high was it?' They say, '0.7.' I said, 'What's normal?' They say, '0.6.'; I said, 'One-tenth? You're telling me I'm one-tenth higher than the average man? Re-test that - you must have caught me on a low day.'"'
  • J1m1
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Beelzespud
    Xbox
    Beelzespud
    Steam
    Beelzespud

Send message
    The Frankie Boyle of UFC.
    Live/Steam - Beelzespud
  • Just got my UFC tickets for Nottingham. £30 more than a normal UK UFC event :( They said it's because it's a smaller venue so there isn't any 'cheap seats' as they're all good seats. Still ridiculous for a Fuel event.
  • J1m1
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Beelzespud
    Xbox
    Beelzespud
    Steam
    Beelzespud

Send message
    No Bisping I'm led to believe.  Odd way to quantify "no cheap seats".  I hope it's a blast for you anyway.
    Live/Steam - Beelzespud
  • J1m1 wrote:
    No Bisping I'm led to believe.  Odd way to quantify "no cheap seats".  I hope it's a blast for you anyway.

Yeah, I read. I'm guessing a Dan Hardy fight and the Brad Pickett fight as co main event. I've never been to a disappointing UFC live event so I'm sure it'll be awesome.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!