The Bear & Badger MMA Thread.
  • Anyone watch UFC this weekend?

James Te Huna's Men In Black entrance was brilliant.

Twitter: Andy_Wharton | PSN: thehumantarget86 | Xbox Live: humantarget86 | Steam: thehumantarget
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I heard it was all a bit dull so avoided.
  • I heard it was all a bit dull so avoided.

I thought it was a great event. Some brilliant fights on it.

Ronda Rousey makes her debut this weekend <3
    Twitter: Andy_Wharton | PSN: thehumantarget86 | Xbox Live: humantarget86 | Steam: thehumantarget
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I may grab it then.

I've always found female MMA to be a joke, so we'll see!
  • I may grab it then. I've always found female MMA to be a joke, so we'll see!

You seen any of Rousey's fights?
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Nah, but I saw some pre-Rousey Strikeforce stuff and it was laughably bad at times.
  • Nah, but I saw some pre-Rousey Strikeforce stuff and it was laughably bad at times.

Yeah, I agree that it's largely pap, but Rousey is impressive....ly fit.
  • Yeah, she'd probably armbar a fair few of the males.
    Now if Dana could just sort out a Rhonda vs Gina Carano naked mud wrestling, female mma would hit a whole new level!
  • Nearly a year since a post in here. Sooooo...That leg break, eh?
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Aye, t'wasn't bad. I think that's Silva out of the picture come title challenges. Also Cruz injured, again, so Faber v Barao for the title.
  • Aye, t'wasn't bad. I think that's Silva out of the picture come title challenges. Also Cruz injured, again, so Faber v Barao for the title.

Yeah, I've seen worse breaks, but that's the last way I expected that fight to end. Was pretty interested to see it go on and see how Weidman stood up against him. Guess we'll see when he faces Belfort.

Cruz must have been injured for two years now at least, surely?
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Aye he has been, pretty much, hence why he had to vacate. Barao should smash Faber.

Can see Belfort (the druggie mental) doing Weidman over too. Looking forward to Hendricks v Lawler.
  • Wasnt the worst break ever??! Theres only a few ive seen worse and he'll never be the same again. Most that suffer that kind of break walk with a limp for a looooong time after.
    Belfort for the title though juat because I rolled with him once!!
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    A roll in the hay you mean?
  • Hulka T wrote:
    Belfort for the title though juat because I rolled with him once!!
    Haha, really?
  • I wish, Cosby, he is hot.

Human, yes il see if I can did out a pic!
  • Hulka T wrote:
    I wish, Cosby, he is hot. Human, yes il see if I can did out a pic!

That's awesome. How did that happen?!
  • I was over at xtreme couture in las vegas, I was only there on hols but you can pop in and train so I thought id see what was going on. This was back when i used to train properly mind. He was there, hes a cool guy. He trains bkoody hard but they all do. I always liked him from the first few ufcs to when he thought in Pride so was nice to meet him.
  • So there's yer Dos Anjos out of the McGregor fight with a broken foot. Shite. Was really looking forward to that.

Who's mental enough to take it? I'd love to see Cowboy get it. Sure he fought at the weekend there but he's taken fights at short notice before and smoked it. Conor would embarrass Diaz or Pettis imo.

Anyway, the circus keeps on giving. What scenes.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Cerrone fought at a higher weight the other night though, he'd take it but he'll get absolutely mullered. He gets hammered in big profile fights.
  • Forget that, did we all see Shamrock-Gracie III?

Aside from it being a train wreck from the start, Gracie kneed Shamrock in the bollocks to win.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Did you see Kimbo v Robotron 9000 or whatever he's called?

Now that was a train wreck, Christ.
  • It was like 2 drunk old men going at it in a pub car park. I lost count of the swings and a miss, which were particularly impressive when combined with lurching forward and nearly faceplanting. At points I swear to God it went in slow motion.

Add to that where they appeared to be having sex for about 2 mins, it was top lols.
  • Diaz at Welterweight? Damn. Ha, smoke him and give Conor a shot at Lawler for the bants.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!