The Bear & Badger MMA Thread.

• Awesome KO in this at about the 10:25 mark.
    Twitter: Andy_Wharton | PSN: thehumantarget86 | Xbox Live: humantarget86 | Steam: thehumantarget
  • J1m1
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Beelzespud
    Xbox
    Beelzespud
    Steam
    Beelzespud

Send message
    Wow.  I'm always surprised that fighters can land those kicks.  You'd think their opponent would see them coming.
    Live/Steam - Beelzespud
  • Fedor won his fight tonight and retired also. A shame he didn't retire a few years ago whilst his record was still intact.

Also, two UFC events this weekend :)
    Twitter: Andy_Wharton | PSN: thehumantarget86 | Xbox Live: humantarget86 | Steam: thehumantarget
  • J1m1
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Beelzespud
    Xbox
    Beelzespud
    Steam
    Beelzespud

Send message
    I don't think Fedor's loses should over shadow his career.
    He was a great fighter but there is a part of me that wished he had fought in the UFC, if only to shut Dana White up.
    Live/Steam - Beelzespud
  • He was very impressive for a long time, but there will always be a question of just how talented he really was, considering he did not fight quite a few of the best in the world, due to where he was contracted. A shame.
    I'm a Sasquatch man and I'm watching you.
  • It's just like how Hector Lombard is considered one of the top few Middleweights in the world, yet he hasn't faced any of the top names in the UFC. So, I guess we'll have to see what happens when he faces Tim Boetsch and then potentially gets a title shot against Chael/Silva.
  • I cannot wait until next Saturday to see Sonnen v. Silva. I really love how he's the nicest guy going when you see documentaries/interviews at his gym or at home, but when he wants to be he just becomes the biggest cunt going. You can definitely tell how heavily influence by pro-wrestling he is.
  • J1m1
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Beelzespud
    Xbox
    Beelzespud
    Steam
    Beelzespud

Send message
    Any predictions on the Sonnen/Silva fight tonight then?

I can only see Silva winning but I hope it's a decent fight with no lay and pray tactics.
    Live/Steam - Beelzespud
  • J1m1 wrote:
    Any predictions on the Sonnen/Silva fight tonight then? I can only see Silva winning but I hope it's a decent fight with no lay and pray tactics.

Just watched it now. Spoilers below:
    Spoiler:
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I'm guessing it wasn't a Sonnen win, but I'm watching it tonight.

I love(d) Silva, but getting a bit tired of his dominance now. They need to sort a Silva v Jones superfight.

Or Silva v GSP. Obv the weight difference needs to be sorted, like.
  • J1m1
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Beelzespud
    Xbox
    Beelzespud
    Steam
    Beelzespud

Send message
    I've just watched it too:
    Spoiler:
    Live/Steam - Beelzespud
  • I'm guessing it wasn't a Sonnen win, but I'm watching it tonight. I love(d) Silva, but getting a bit tired of his dominance now. They need to sort a Silva v Jones superfight. Or Silva v GSP. Obv the weight difference needs to be sorted, like.

That came up in the post-fight interviews, with an almost 'it'll never happen' result :(
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    ah fuckdammit
  • J1m1
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Beelzespud
    Xbox
    Beelzespud
    Steam
    Beelzespud

Send message
    Am I allowed to mention boxing in here?  Not strictly MMA but as I've already mentioned it, anyone interested in the Haye v Chisora fight?
    Live/Steam - Beelzespud
  • I don't see why not. I don't follow boxing, but I'll watch the odd fight on TV, generally find them a bit boring and slow paced though.
  • Really looking forward to Barao vs. Faber and Lombard vs. Boetsch. I can really see Lombard going far in the UFC, especially with a possible title shot against Silva if he wins in an impressive fashion this weekend.
  • J1m1
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Beelzespud
    Xbox
    Beelzespud
    Steam
    Beelzespud

Send message
    Anyone watch the UFC last weekend?
    Spoiler:
    Live/Steam - Beelzespud
  • With the Faber fight?  I watched it yesterday.  Can't remember any of the fights now.
  • J1m1
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Beelzespud
    Xbox
    Beelzespud
    Steam
    Beelzespud

Send message
    Yeah, that's the one. Not a memorable set of bouts.

Move on, nothing to see here...
    Live/Steam - Beelzespud
  • Yeah, Dana says he was very disappointed with the event as a whole. There was a 7 second KO in the prelims but that's about it.

I'm looking forward to this weekends card though:

Shogun v. Vera
    Machida v. Bader
    Lauzon v. Varner
    Swick v. Johnson

The most impressive winner out of the Vera/Shogun fight and Machida/Bader fight will face the winner of Jon Jones and Dan Henderson.

Also, the UK card in September is looking awesome now. Quite a lot of unknown names in the UFC, but some great fighters from BAMMA. I'm really glad I got tickets in the end.

Stefan Struve v. Stipe Miocic
    Dan Hardy v. Amir Sadollah
    Brad Pickett v. Yves Jabouin
    John Hathaway v. John Maguire
    Che Mills v. Duane Ludwig
    Kyle Kingsbury v. Jimi Manuwa
    Andy Ogle v. Akira Corassani
    Tom Kong Watson v. Brad Tavares
    Jason Young v. Robbie Peralta
    Paul Sass v. Matt Wiman
    Jorgen Kruth v. Fabio Maldonado
    Pascal Krauss v. Gunnar Nelson
  • Some awesome fights this weekend. Lauzon and Varner particularly was brilliant.

The last ever Strikeforce fight has been booked now and it's Frank Mir v. Daniel Cormier which I'm really looking forward to.

This weekend is UFC 150 too:

Benson Henderson v Frankie Edgar
    Donald Cerrone v Melvin Guillard
    Jake Shields v Ed Herman
    Yushin Okami v Buddy Roberts
    Justin Lawrence v Max Holloway

Another great card. Personally looking forward to Cerrone/Guillard, especially after Cerrone's last fight.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I <3 Machida, always have. Can't see Hendo rocking Jones, alas.

Can see Benson taking that relatively comfortably again, too.
  • J1m1
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Beelzespud
    Xbox
    Beelzespud
    Steam
    Beelzespud

Send message
    Some awesome fights this weekend. Lauzon and Varner particularly was brilliant.

I've just got round to watching last weeks fights and they were well worth watching.  Quite a contrast to UFC 149.
    Machida looked impressive, especially with his counter punching.
    Live/Steam - Beelzespud
  • J1m1
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Beelzespud
    Xbox
    Beelzespud
    Steam
    Beelzespud

Send message
    From all the Jones' fights I've seen, his style doesn't alter depending on who he fights, which makes me wonder why he wouldn't accept the Sonnen fight?

Crying out of a fight against the number 1 contender because you can't fight a 40 year old makes me wonder if he'll spend his career picking and choosing who he fights.
    Live/Steam - Beelzespud
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Can't see White standing for it if that happens, this'll alienate even more of his support.
  • This whole Jones thing has gone mad this past few days. Chael almost walking straight into a title shot was good work by him, haha. Belfort will be destroyed by Jones though but I'm looking forward to the crowd reaction.
  • Went to watch UFC in Nottingham this past Saturday night and it was an absolutely awesome night of fights.

Stayed in a hostel and as we walked out of the door we walked straight past Pat Barry and then just getting into the arena saw a tall guy in clown makeup, which turned out to be Freakshow from TUF: The Smashes.
  • J1m1
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Beelzespud
    Xbox
    Beelzespud
    Steam
    Beelzespud

Send message
    That was the Struve fight right?
    That one seemed to fly under my radar, I need to catch up.

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it humantarget.  Are these events worth going to?
    My only experience of watching a live fight was Bruno v McCall at Wembley and we had bad seats.  It could have been Laurel and Hardy fighting for all that I could see.
    Live/Steam - Beelzespud
  • Yeah, Struve was main event. There was only one average fight and the rest were great. The atmosphere for Dan Hardy's fight was insane, especially as it was in his home town.

Definitely worth going to one though, especially at the smaller venues like this past weekend was as we had back row seats and still could see everything. I had bad seats for UFC 138 in Birmingham and spent half of each fight looking at the screens, but still definitely worth it for the atmosphere.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!