b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    NO SPOILERS
    Spoiler:
  • Eventually found a cave thing in my world playing with daughter....unfortunately we got killed by skellies.
    Went back solo in just skivvies and a basic axe but was pleased to find out the enemies we already dealt with stay dead...was able to cheese the skellies by fighting from up a ramp that they wouldn't climb up.
    Collected all our gear and eventually cleared out the whole cave...unfortunately didn't get as many of the things i needed from the cave so will need to find another still
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    They do stay dead, but....there are some with spawners so beware.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Craft the big double handed deer headed weapon. It’s great at clearing skelly rooms with spawners.
  • when setting up a new camp, do you need each of the different upgrades for the workbench, or if you just add a 'better' one do you get the previous levels included?
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Yes you need the upgrades, they work when next to a workbench.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Place is getting bigger...

Valheim-27-03-2023-21-46-23.png

Valheim-27-03-2023-21-46-43.png

Valheim-27-03-2023-21-47-11.png

Valheim-27-03-2023-21-47-47.png

Valheim-27-03-2023-21-49-02.png
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Cracking pics there, Boris. Been busy with the hoe I see
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Love me a bit of hoing. Plan to get the jetty built next then off up then coast to grab more tin and copper. Also need to start farming as unlocked the cultivator tonight.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Nice digs Boris.

I haven't got time to go into details now, but me and Sparky got into allsorts of scrapes last night. It ended in triumph though, and we now have an outpost and portal near 2 new biomes and not far from the next boss. Its fucking hairy where we are, mind.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I'm still reeling
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Have you guys hit the second boss yet?
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Nah, were on the same island as the bugger but there's still a trek inland. We've built an outpost on a narrow strip of Black Forest sandwiched in between a Plains and Swamp biome. It's fucking wild but we've got a foothold now.

I've been fucking about with Steam and had to reset everything due to a new phone, I've just accepted your friend request Boris (no idea when it was sent) so if you see us on jump in, we could do with an extra hand. We're due to play again tomorrow night
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    When I played this solo on PC the second boss was piss easy to get to. This has been a right slog! Fun though.
  • Good work chaps. I saw you online and nearly joined you, but it was late so i thought i'd do a little prep work in my world for my daughter - who then promptly woke up in tears ill and kept us up most of the night so just as well i didn't join! ;)
    (she's fine now)
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Would have been a slog to get to us and we only built the portal last thing before logging off.

Either that or been a hero and come over on a boat to bring us supplies and rescue us.

The enemies in the Plains don't fuck about. One hit and you're toast. And they're fast.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Nah, were on the same island as the bugger but there's still a trek inland. We've built an outpost on a narrow strip of Black Forest sandwiched in between a Plains and Swamp biome. It's fucking wild but we've got a foothold now.

I've been fucking about with Steam and had to reset everything due to a new phone, I've just accepted your friend request Boris (no idea when it was sent) so if you see us on jump in, we could do with an extra hand. We're due to play again tomorrow night

Was thinking of double dipping on steam tbh as didn’t want to end up homeless when it comes off GP.

That request would’ve been ages ago I guess. Just had one from Franny. Will sort tonight. Tomorrow night could be good, will you be on GP or Steam or doesn’t it matter?
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I'll be on Xbox, but we should show up everywhere now
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Its quite nice to have a console version of a game up to date with the PC version.
  • It'd be quite nice to have a console version that had proper building controls though. This game makes even Fallout 4's settlement building mechanics seem intuitive! All I want to do is put one long wall on top of the other and it's f****** impossible!

Although it must be doing something right because I caned it for four hours straight. Admittedly most of those hours were spent building my shack atop a mound which now looks a right old carbuncle of misaligned wooden slats and rickety thatched roofing.

How do I upgrade my crude bow to the next level? I've got the resources but there's a flashing star with two in it - do I need to hunt a special level 2 deer now or something?
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Yep having tried both controller and K+M, definitely better building with the mouse.

Finally got some trophies up. Made the raft, terrible to control so scrapped it, now need 80 bloody nails to make a proper boat. Decided to build a road to my copper deposit, that's taking a while.

Valheim-29-03-2023-22-39-37.png
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    It'd be quite nice to have a console version that had proper building controls though. This game makes even Fallout 4's settlement building mechanics seem intuitive! All I want to do is put one long wall on top of the other and it's f****** impossible!

Although it must be doing something right because I caned it for four hours straight. Admittedly most of those hours were spent building my shack atop a mound which now looks a right old carbuncle of misaligned wooden slats and rickety thatched roofing.

How do I upgrade my crude bow to the next level? I've got the resources but there's a flashing star with two in it - do I need to hunt a special level 2 deer now or something?

You need to upgrade your workbench to level 2 by building....i think it's the chopping block? Basically whatever else is in the crafting section on the build options
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    The only issue I've found while building is that you need to snap to a surface most of the time, which is a bother when placing stuff above or below your current level
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    It's not that different with mouse and keyboard. Sometimes you have to build a scaffold or ladder to get up above to see the top of the piece to snap to. I'm not finding building any more difficult than playing on PC tbh. Or at least not much more difficult.

I think with Valheim the building is so flexible compared to some other games it's always going to be a tad more fiddly. Doesn't take long to learn where you need to point for things to snap where you want them.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Right lads I’ll be on tonight. Silly questions incoming.

How do I connect to your world Franny?

Should I travel light (I.e. not being good kit cos I’ll probably die and lose it)?

Can I bring stuff back to my world that I find? I need surtling cores.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I'd be a bit precious about taking surtling cores from our world tbh. Not because I'm a tight bugger, more that I've absolutely no idea how many are needed going forward and they don't respawn AFAIK. Happy to jump in and rattle through some crypts in your world with you though anytime.

I'm not sure how you'd connect, presumably you'd just search for the server name and connect that way.

Gear is up to you. There's always a way to get back to your body....maybe.
  • easiest way to join is that the host world has a 'join code' that they tell you, and it will have a password too.
    after you join first time, the world is added to your list so you can rejoin easier in future.

you join the game with whatever you had in your inventory when you last saved/played, and can take back whatever you steal find in franny's world and have in your inventory when you save/leave his world. note though that if you take stuff you can't craft yourself then you can't repair it (eg. i made a bronze axe in Franny's world, but back in my world at the time i didn't have the forge and stuff so I couldn't repair it after using it).
  • Also if you die in another world, you can still recover your gear - it will stay there at your death spot even if you leave the game. Unless other's on the world take it of course! ;)
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Just be warned, if you build a bunk bed you will be kicked.
  • FranticPea wrote:
    Just be warned, if you build a bunk bed you will be kicked.
    it was so sparky and I could play warhammer on the cartography table until bed time ;)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!