Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    What you and Sparky get up to on the cartography table is why I installed a door.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Despite not being able to connect to Paul's chat (bloody PC's) I did manage to have productive evening. Built a proper boat, sailed up the coast and found a great stash of copper and tin, came back made loads of ingots while taming some boars, obviously named, shame you can't name the piggies.

First sea expidition

Valheim-30-03-2023-20-57-08.png

Pulling in to home

Valheim-30-03-2023-20-58-29.png

Making Bacon

Valheim-30-03-2023-21-23-25.png
  • Good stuff.
    I caught a couple boars last night but they weren't tame enough to name yet.
    Collecting copper and fighting trolls was the other order of business
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Yeah it takes a while to get em tame.

Oh and I discovered not all burial chambers are burial chambers.
    Spoiler:
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    More great pics. Nice, sunny day for a sail. The heavens open every time I get out on the waves. Spume everywhere
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Lovely pics.

3rd boss down and began to explore the swamps. A million new crafting options to explore. Great stuff.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Second, surely?

Unless those mosquitoes count as a boss?
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Oh yeh. Second.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    How was he? He’s miles away on my map.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Not too bad, but a step up from the first.

We're now pretty much where I got up to on PC solo. Started to redo the outpost that's near the Swamp as it was a bit cramped. The swamp can get tough do to poison. Time to brew up some poison resistance mead.
  • I need to put some serious work into my home, I'm still living out of a basic shack with all of my workshop gear just outside.
    Day 28 now and I've crafted a full set of brass armour, now working on a brass sword before I start some serious exploration.

Built my first raft last night and set sail across the vast lake.

This game is just incredible
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I'm on Day 98 and while my place is pretty good no way have I got brass armour or sword, so I'd say you are doing well!
  • I went my usual route through these kind of things which is "COLLECT EVERYTHING!! MINE!! MINE!!! SMELT!! SMELT!! CRAFT!!! CRAFT!!!"
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • I spent years in World Of Warcraft mining and blacksmithing pretty much full time.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Have double-dipped. Only got the Steam Deck for the next few days and £15 at full price is still a ridiculous bargain.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Can't you play Xbox games on the Steam Deck anyway? Probably not worth the hassle for £15 like. I'll be looking into it once they restock the cheapest Deck
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    You can with Xcloud but it can be hit and miss and the missus doesn't have the best broadband. And it'll be nice starting over knowing a bit more about what I'm meant to be doing.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Starting over is always fun in these games, with the added knowledge. One of the things i like about Valheim is that when you get to certain points it's like you're starting out again, albeit with more gear, as you need to be building multiple bases over time.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    It works really well on the deck. I took down the vegetation to low but haven’t really had to tweak any other settings. Haven’t checked the frame rate but it seems smooth enough. Occasionally stutters when you are running across the map and it loads in another section but quickly settles back down.

Still think I’ll mainly stick to PC but for resource gathering while sat on the sofa it’s a bloody great setup.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    So it gets better. Now got the Deck setup on my dock (thanks for my Santa Gav!) and it automatically detects the mouse and keyboard, no going into settings, and on the big monitor at the missus. She’s at work all day so that’s me sorted.

Interesting seed this new world. Seems to have small pockets of Black Forest and not one big one that I had in my other place, I’ve found three so far and I’m built across a lake from a great double copper deposit and another just up the coast the other way. Now to go delving as I need some cores.
  • Hey! Glad to see it!

Just here to say, I seen earlier that for those on the Xbox Insider Program (that's the one where you get console updates early and the odd beta), there's now a Public Test Server thing for Valheim. It's a separate download but I guess that's where they put new features into first for people to try. Might be of some use to those here.

I was in a similar thing with pubg, got to try stuff months before it showed in the full game. Maps, weapons, etc, it was great for a time.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    After alot of deaths we finally, I think....maybe, have the Swamps mastered. Full sets of iron armour, weapons and Huntsmans bow. Started to build all the new craft station enhancements.

We did pick a fight with a Lox from the nearby plains biome. Those things don't fuck about. They hit you, you die. I think they are a few biomes ahead of where we're up to gear and food wise though.

Grew some turnips which unlocked new crafting options.....SAUSAGES. We'll eat like Kings from now on.

Oh, and a Troll attacked and managed to take the front of our base clean off....

Our base in Hell can get quite lairy, being near the swamp and plains, but it's doing us OK.

smywoYh.jpeg

L17kqxD.jpeg
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Great pics. I’m just building back up to full bronze. Before heading to the Elder. But he’s quite far away.

• Oh man fuck The Elder. He's a prick
  • Joined sparky and franny for a jaunt last night and had a jolly good time.
    Decided they were a pair of over cautious ninnies saying how difficult it was at their new base...then died almost immediately on the first enemy encounter! ;)
    Repeated the trick later when deciding that we could easily take a lox now there's three of us ;)
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    The swamp is tough and unforgiving. The plains are unpossible
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I loved how eerie it was returning to our first base. All the torches and fires had died so it was pitch black and the place felt abandoned and lifeless.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    It’s been an interesting long weekend playing this.

I’ve found the location of the Elder miles away but not before accidentally sailing into the swamp, getting mobbed, my karve destroyed and I just managed to leg it out of there, with god knows what chasing me. I setup an outpost quite a way south of the swamp and came prepared with a portal, so easy enough to get back to home base.

I had bronze armour at level 2 but after I kept bumping into trolls, I had enough to get my troll armour to level and the difference is negligible, not as slow and the sneaky modifier had come in handy. Managed to back stab a troll with massive damage, but he turned out to be a one-star jobbie so I had to leg it after he planted a tree on my head.

So I’m now brewing potions ready to take on the Elder once I get back to my PC. The Steam Deck is solid but it does occasionally hang for a split second. I’ve also realised I hate dying in this more than any other game. It’s such a pain to lose your stuff and have to leg it back to get it, so I’m taking my time and being super cautious.

Oh and I also discovered something strange out in the ocean, but it did open up some additional crafting options.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    That's yer Elder down. He wasn't that bad and easier, I felt than the first boss. It was pretty easy to hide from his attacks.

Took my first foray into the swamps. Yep, that's gonna be fun. Skeletons, no bother, Drauger, not too bad, big walking tree.... shit!
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    QJBPZb5.png

cXh7sde.png

VHJRrqr.png

Some snaps of our great voyage looking for a decent spot to set up a portal to the third boss. Up and down the coast being chased by something nasty, having to negotiate out way through a very shallow and narrow Suez Canal type channel between two continents while avoiding a one star troll, only to get ganked seconds after leaving the boat.

We couldn't find anywhere that wasn't absolutely awful, so we've had to bite the bullet and plough ahead regardless. The boss is double hard as fuck, in a terrible pace to fight and takes ages to damage, so as night fell we ended up being overwhelmed by enemies. Somehow managed to get our gear back so next time it will have to be another head down arse up power gathering session to improve our gear, make new weapons and knock up some Michelin star grub and tonics before we can have another crack at him

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!