Misogyny and other gender issues.
  • LETS GO SKINNY WRIST BOIS, IM COMING FOR THE CROWN IN OCTOBER FAM.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Look, I am the champ of derail page turns.

It's my gift and my curse.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • What's this about wrists?
  • They’re the new ankles.
  • You're the ankle of my eye.
  • What's this about wrists?

The incel disaster drive is such that any insecurity or potential flaw you have (or more accurately perhaps you feel you have) can be extrapolated into a feeling of wasted existence. Often, in certain spaces, that can and will be exploited by dickheads.
  • I love being slight, it suits my wardrobe.

Of course that's a gateway to eating disorders itself, so.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    S O I W R I S T B O Y E
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • I T M E
  • The incel disaster drive is such that any insecurity or potential flaw you have (or more accurately perhaps you feel you have) can be extrapolated into a feeling of wasted existence. Often, in certain spaces, that can and will be exploited by dickheads.

So … perfectly normal bog-standard human insecurity then.
  • Yay and nay. It’s exacerbated by very specific micro cultures that create their own very specific language and set of norms that would be very alien to others. They find a very specific kind of belonging by being part of a group that is actively hostile to itself. Contra mentions catastrophizing in the video, which is something that everyone does, but for many incels it has been utterly codified into how they perceive everything.

The stuff on TTTT was very good too, but it really upset a bunch of trans people I know, which I think Natalie pretty much covers as an expected response in the video, but it’s interesting that she’s in a position herself where she can articulate a lot of things about being trans that upset and really annoy a lot of other transfolk. It’s a good thing though, and it’s why having people talk about their lived experiences as part of an identity movement and hearing counters to that is so much more useful than I dunno Peterson or Harris telling us it’s all down to Jung or IQ.
  • I have a friend who's worryingly misogynistic. I've noticed it developing over the past five years or so. I'm fascinated by why it's come about. He believes woman are only driven by a base instinct to find a man with resources and then to produce offspring. If someone in our circle of friends gets married or has a baby he chalks it off as another man tricked into it by the woman. The other day he was working at an event for graduating university students and he said to me how worrying it was that there were far more young woman than men graduating.
  • Have you considered not being friends
  • Ask him if he is red pilled and see what his reaction is I guess?
  • Not with those wrists.
  • I've considered all of those options. It's difficult as we've been friends since we were kids. He's had his fair share of terrible stuff happen to him over the course of his life and I often wonder if where he's at now is a product of some of that stuff.

He's become totally isolated from our group of friends.
  • So incells...
    Positive feedback loop of negative thoughts exacerbated and amplified by social media bubbles resulting in a negative body/self image. Potentialy spirals out of control creating possible vengeful mysogynistic mass murderers?

Pretty much a product of modern times then.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • No.
  • I have incels in me shoes to make them proper comfy. Other than that I have no idea what this chat is about.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • The incel ‘movement’ is literally just people who think the world owes them a shag. It’s abhorrent by nature, so it’s self-perpetuating.

It’s a product of modern times in one way: Easier intense communication (t’Internet echo chamber) makes small subcultures with a skewed worldview feel bigger from the inside.
  • I'm just grateful all this kinda stuff wasn't around when I was a dumb kid. I figure I had your fairly typical teenage heartbreak, which I had to get over (to varying degrees of success). But if there'd been a buncha asshats on tap to radicalise me into believing it's not my fault and all that other pernicious crap, lord knows I could have fallen down that rabbit hole.
  • trippy wrote:
    You're the ankle of my eye.

pol_pl_Jules-Girardet-A-finely-turned-ankle-27x32-cm-G94198-8437_1.jpg
  • poprock wrote:
    The incel ‘movement’ is literally just people who think the world owes them a shag. It’s abhorrent by nature, so it’s self-perpetuating. It’s a product of modern times in one way: Easier intense communication (t’Internet echo chamber) makes small subcultures with a skewed worldview feel bigger from the inside.
    Ah right. Cheers.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Watch the video, seriously. I didn't post it because it was shite. It was because it was by someone who always does her research and attempts to interrogate these things in a thoughtful way.
  • Scout wrote:
    I've considered all of those options. It's difficult as we've been friends since we were kids. He's had his fair share of terrible stuff happen to him over the course of his life and I often wonder if where he's at now is a product of some of that stuff. He's become totally isolated from our group of friends.

You might have to have some difficult conversations with him then. Or choose not to. It's a tough subject to broach. Nearly everyone feels they're owed something, it's the thin end of the wedge.
  • g.man wrote:
    Ah right. Cheers.

Sorry G, pure luck that I answered you there – I was typing the post while you popped in there with your shoe-related pun (which was appreciated).

But yeah. Involuntarily celibate. Incel. Literally a bunch of guys who believe that women owe them sex (and relationships, but mostly they focus on the sex), otherwise they have every natural right to rape and/or kill because they’re so unfairly frustrated.

Mostly middle class white American guys, quelle surprise.

Ironically, the whole thing was invented by a girl. She’s now somewhat embarrassed by what it turned into. Especially the mass shootings which have been linked to the movement.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Pretty great video on Incels from ya gal Contra

Again
  • I feel like I'm reading posts on a daily mail comments section

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!