Misogyny and other gender issues.
  • https://kiwifarms.net/threads/andy-signore-vs-april-dawn.58709/

I'm going to post this with some clarifications.

First, I'm only aware of what happened because I was watching some of the screen junkies. I saw the follow up video from signore a few months ago and I started reading.

Second, while I agree that those assaulted should go to the authorities first, fact is, there is a terrible track record of both being believed and then the treatment that follows.

Third, I don't want any to think my issues with this are based on the sexual assault. I just really dislike how twitter and other social media can be used to spread a lie or even suggest it against a person where they have no way to perform. I'm sure we have all seen issues in our personal life's where lies and mistrust can be used and be harmful. And that's within small social circles. That a global and persistant social media platform is available for this with very little real ways to audit what has been said. Is worrying.

I'm not taking sides and I'm not saying he is innocent but if the worst is that he was unfaithful to his wife and was a bit of a sleeze, that's a world away from sexual assault in my eyes.

And yet, I don't think he will be able to clear his name. He has put out a lot of evidence and it seems legit but still, questions will remain.

Here is another link which views that he still got what he deserved for a bit of balance

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiBqpyV8q_kAhVOQhUIHW_CCpIQzPwBegQIARAC&url=https://www.reddit.com/r/ScreenJunkies/comments/cgdneg/metoo_misfire_an_honest_defense_of_andy_signore/&psig=AOvVaw3sv89rgp4Es1oMnCzHGHoF&ust=1567436511813399

And this link is worth a look really just for the comments

https://www.kanyetothe.com/forum/index.php?topic=8225593.0

SFV - reddave360
  • Of course it can and will happen, but I feel like it doesn’t really have a place in the Holowka stuff unless we’re dismissing corroborating claims. Quinn has previously stated that she believes in rehabilitation versus ostracisation, but the abuser is accountable for that too. All to often they don’t shift on the stuff they’ve been blamed for, offer half baked apologies (Nick Robinson) or act as though they’re supportive nurturing mentors only to immediately threaten legal action the second multiple claims claim to get traction (Alexis Kennedy). Often the context of the person perpetrating the misconduct is an issue, with the power dynamic nearly always skewing against the victim due to the status of the person doing the abuse/misconduct.

Also heavy alarm bells ring at anything posted on Kiwi Farms
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    At this moment in time, I feel like the world will become more just if we decide to believe women in these cases over being concerned about false allegations. That could certainly change, but I don’t see much danger of that yet.
  • How I learned to stop worrying and love the drama.
  • People have removed their online presences due to harassment. Dude killed himself. Great drama.
  • Just to be clear, Nick Robinson is not the BBC bloke right?
  • No.

I mean: unless he coincidently is someone raking it via YouTube.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    At this moment in time, I feel like the world will become more just if we decide to believe women in these cases over being concerned about false allegations. That could certainly change, but I don’t see much danger of that yet.

I'm not comfortable with the above but I think you might be right. I really don't like the idea of social media being a comfortable substitute for judge, jury and executioner though.

SFV - reddave360
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:
    I'm not comfortable with the above but I think you might be right. I really don't like the idea of social media being a comfortable substitute for judge, jury and executioner though.

It isn't.

The court of public opinion has existed since long before social media.

and equally social media pushes just as hard the other way, hence hashtags like istandwithvic

Problem is that it's all people with very little knowledge making a stand based on arbitrary factors and emotion.

I tend to stand with the accusers, because historically that's usually been the right call and seeing the shit that gets thrown at them, coming forward publicly is not an easy decision to make, when the default position for most people is not to believe you.
  • Me too movement for the games industry, FML.

Zoe Quinn. Zoe fucking Quinn?
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Get it off your chest mate, jesus.

I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Do I need to? I mean, it's Zoe Fucking Quinn. A liar, a deceiver, and someone who slept with people for media exposure. A weirdo, a loser, and a shmook.

The fact that half the gamers in the planet then spazzed out about ethics in games journalism (still makes me chuckle that), and demonised her as somehow some kind of embodiment of the "SJW" doesn't change the fact that I wouldn't trust a singl thing she says. I'd put it down to publicity seeking or just plain personality disorder.

That said, I can believer that sexless dorks who think they have achieved powerb and influence might not behave so well around women. I just wish we wouldn't name Zoey fucking Quinn as a credible whistleblower.
  • Never go the full gg mate.
  • Have you even read my post?
  • Yes. Do I need to?
  • No, you can fuck off with your little cryptic quips. Man up and say what you think, or shut up and fuck off, capice?
  • Oh, Gonz, that’s a pathetic attempt at being a hard man.
  • Lol, you dove in with two "Zoe fucking Quinn" posts without expanding and I'm being cryptic?

C'mon dude.

Given the broader history of gg and what it turned into and that it seems pretty clear she has been abused/raped regardless of whether she's slept around or not - and to be clear, I'm not willing to concede that who she slept with deserved any public condemnation for her - seems pretty piss poor to be banging on about "Zoe fucking Quinn."

She hasn't been the only one to oepn up about stuff recently. In fact, if I understand the chronology, she spoke up now because other victims did.

You're up in here saying "Me too movement for the games industry, FML."

How is that supposed to be read? Because it reads like a fucking molynuex Tweet.

To be clear: I'm working from the assumption that most allegations are legit, because the evidence says that folks generally don't lie about this shit and there are massive negative consequences for making allegations.

Which obviously also means I take with a grain of salt anyone who wants to spend too much time banging on about the risk of false allegations.

I think the evidence is clear that slutshaming and victim blaming have been used since time immemorial by abusers, and successfully too, so I'd be very reticent to go that route in any discussion on the subject of abuse and how victims should behave.

Anyhoo.
  • Facewon wrote:
    Given the broader history of gg and what it turned into and that it seems pretty clear she has been abused/raped regardless of whether she's slept around or not

This is so diffuse. My claim is she is a liar and deceiver. I'm going off her bloke's blog. I wasn't judging her for sleeping around, just for deceiving this dude. I read his blog way back when.

1. Was he lying? Rather a bold claim.

2. When was she raped? This is news to me.

3. When was she abused, other than by misogynist gamergaters, which as I explained in my post is deplorable (but does not make her any less deceitful).

She hasn't been the only one to oepn up about stuff recently. In fact, if I understand the chronology, she spoke up now because other victims did.

You're up in here saying "Me too movement for the games industry, FML."

How is that supposed to be read? Because it reads like a fucking molynuex Tweet.

To be clear: I'm working from the assumption that most allegations are legit, because the evidence says that folks generally don't lie about this shit and there are massive negative consequences for making allegations.

Which obviously also means I take with a grain of salt anyone who wants to spend too much time banging on about the risk of false allegations.

I think the evidence is clear that slutshaming and victim blaming have been used since time immemorial by abusers, and successfully too, so I'd be very reticent to go that route in any discussion on the subject of abuse and how victims should behave.

Anyhoo.

The rest of your post is drivel, a moan - that's all it is. Youv imagined that I have said something about other women coming out against abusive practice - I did not, I just bemoaned bringing up Zoe fucking Quinn. I expressly indicated I'd be minded to believe those claims, or claims in general, without more, because of the profile of men who end up "big in the industry.

Got anything else chief, or is your brain still in "criticising Zoe Quinn = ergo Plato "full on GG", which is a fucking insult

• Lol. I wonder if it's a common surname. Imagine being Stephan molynuex architect and just seeing the shit he spouts.
  • He's talking about Peter Molyneux
  • Facewon wrote:
    Lol. I wonder if it's a common surname. Imagine being Stephan molynuex architect and just seeing the shit he spouts.
    I used to work with a Jonathan Molyneaux, who was a trained architect. Close enough?
  • Wait, you actually think she was sleeping with Nathan Grayson for media exposure, based on her exes blog post?
  • Wow. So you haven't paid any attention at all.

The Tweet I linked to jn this thread, from her, is about direct abuse suffered at the hands of dude who has since died.

Multiple folks have come forward regarding said bloke highlighting a pattern of the same behaviour. (I don't know if the post Zoe got emboldened by was also about same guy, or if it was about another indy dev.)

If "her blokes blog" is one and the same as dude who's just killed himself, then wow, ok, you're basing your opinion on what a serial abuser says about one of his victims.

Cool cool.

• I meant Eron Gjoni. The original thing that kicked off GG. I read that back in 2011 or whenever the whole thing started. Haven't you?

No I haven't read the story about her abuser the dead man. I don't believe her, she is a mediocre nobody who is now professionally, 100% tied to outrage attention. Isn't she trying to get a film made about her life? Snort.

But yeah, I wrote her off back in 2011. Antibody who hasn't, is a foolish man. Pay attention to nice people, to kind people, to talented people. She's none of those things.
  • Fucking hell, you dorks have finally got me reading into this shite.

Who makes these people?
  • There's a new doc from the BBC about Weinstein up on iPlayer. Worth watching, if anyone's interested.

As for this Holowka stuff, it's all just terribly sad and I can't really add anything that hasn't been before.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Facewon wrote:
    serial abuser

Quoted with no context as you may wish to redact that at some point as it's potentially libellous. I assume criminal proceedings had neither been sought nor completed
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • But yeah, I wrote her off back in 2011. Antibody who hasn't, is a foolish man.
    So you've dismissed this whole issue before even knowing what it's about based on a single name that's involved. OK.
    Pay attention to nice people, to kind people, to talented people. She's none of those things.
    Which one are you?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!