House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones prequel series) Spoiler thread !post evening airing!
  • I think the Targaryens are a bit more normal in this era.
    They are mega powerful dragon wielding dictators but they haven't quite gone mad yet.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    White-wigged fanfic hoovers with cut-price dragons and the whiff of Krull cosplay.

But come back to me if it's half-decent!
  • It's called Hot Dee
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • And it'll also be shot i think, just not initially. I expect GoT political drama season 1 style will enjoy it. The Dance of the Dragons though is a fun bit of Fire and Blood. Except it goes so fast over decades, hard to see how they'll do that in a few seasons of TV
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Send help — I've read the Mail review:

This time, it really is all about the dragons. Fantasy addicts who championed Game of Thrones always insisted the mythical fire-breathing monsters were the REAL stars of the show.

Houndaemon.png
  • First episode was excellent, as I expected.

The great Maester/Old town conspiracy, which is what underpins Fire and Blood, is probably on.
  • Yeah, surprisingly not shit. So far.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • what channel/platform is it on?
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Sky Atlantic or Now.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Is it a full series dump or a one a week thing?
  • Nah once a week.
    The first is up on Now errrr now. Or 9pm on Sky Atlantic.
    Second ep is tomorrow 10pm Sky Atlantic (there is an early showing at like 1am or 2am as well, same time as U.S). 
    From there Im not sure but would guess it will be Mondays.

I assume they get added to Now after the early/U.S showing.
  • That's was great.
    Looking forward to the rest of the season.
    Pretty much everything I want from GoT.
  • Enjoyed that a lot, especially as they got a lot of the set up out of the way without getting too bogged down. Sets and costumes are better than that low budget shit a lot of the other fantasy stuff has been forced to use and the CGI was fine. Acting was really great, I think that saved it in a few spots.
  • A very good start.

I like the princess.
  • You can see the budget on screen that's for sure.
    Kings Landing looked brilliant.

It's a bit of a shame that the Iron Throne was made so small in the og show. I appreciate that they have added some blades around it for this show but I would love to have seen a ridiculous tower of a thing.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Nah once a week.
    The first is up on Now errrr now. Or 9pm on Sky Atlantic.
    Second ep is tomorrow 10pm Sky Atlantic (there is an early showing at like 1am or 2am as well, same time as U.S). 
    From there Im not sure but would guess it will be Mondays.

I assume they get added to Now after the early/U.S showing.

I was wrong on ep 2.
    Got to wait until next week. Wrong info when I googled it.
  • So ep2 isn't till next week on NowTv?

Anyhoo, I enjoyed ep1. Decent opener. Money on the screen. All the GoT tropes present and correct. Good cast, though I will say while I will go to my grave declaring Matt Smith to be the definitive Dr Who, I've never warmed to him in anything else since, so he's got the most work to do for my money. But yeah, this was decent.

So. 

Winter Is Coming...Again...
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Yeah that's right g. I fucked up on dates.
    I blame the difficulty in actually finding shit, tomorrow seems to be just a repeat.
  • Cool. Ta.
  • Really enjoyed that, it was so much better than the last season of GoT that I've almost forgotten how shit that was. Great cast and although there are obviously dragons in it, it is not 'all about the dragons'.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • ...yet.
  • I also enjoyed the dragon program.
  • Ep.1 Great script, great cast. Production seems solid.
    The outlines of royal medieval intrige are kindof there. Omnious looming incestious relationships, sociopathic narcissism on display, brutal commonplace murder, backstabbing at the court. Good wholesome fun.

Oh, and dragons. Cgi has improved.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Solid first episode indeed. Found the dialogue to be tough to make out in places
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Aye, I had that problem too. Sound mix was poor. I find that with a lot of stuff I watch on Nowtv though. As a premium streaming service, the quality never strikes me as anything to write home about.
  • I wasn't a fan of the set or cgi. I thought it looked shallow and pretty fake in places. Watch it again and the grey carriage thing looked awful. 

Still enjoyed it but i wasn't impressed with the gwaffix.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    If this thread remains positive over the full season I might give it a try.

Still too gutted about Thrones to risk it on the weekly. I am a big Considine fan.
  • I’m the only one who thought it was a bit shit, then? Okay.

A couple of good scenes, which brought back some of the grandeur of early Thrones. The Goldcloaks bit stood up well. Lots of callbacks ‘for the fans’ with recognisable family names popping up throughout.

But there’s none of the grit that early seasons of Thrones did so well. The Starks, the Barratheons, the Greyjoys, etc. I think probably just because it’s so focussed on the ruling caste and their city. That might change, but I’m not hopeful - it’s supposed to be all about their dynasty after all. I think it’s just that for me, the royal politics has always been the least exciting part of Thrones … I preferred it when it got out into the rest of the world.
  • iirc, the first episode of Thrones takes place completely at Winterfell.
  • I’ve checked and I do not recall correctly. Its mostly at Winterfell.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!