#Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    For what it's worth I've stopped playing FFX.
    Get schwifty.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Stop being mad. U mad? That's still an insult right?
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    Jesus fucking Christ, what is it with this forum and NOT WAITING FOR FUCKING REMAKES.
    :D

I've got a whole load of DC games that are just gathering dust though, it's a shame not to play them.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Start playing FF XIII-2 that's sure to have a remake in the next 20 years.
  • Bollockoff wrote:
    Could just get a cheap GC and buy SoA Legends. Never got around to it myself but apparently it has some nice additional content.

Could probably get a DC for the price SoA Legends is going for. Might look for an N64 while I'm at it.
  • Bollockoff wrote:
    Could just get a cheap GC and buy SoA Legends. Never got around to it myself but apparently it has some nice additional content.
    Extra long ship battles? That's the one I played anyway.
  • HD REMAKE OF KILLER 7 GOD DAMN SUDA
  • I want these remade in HD

Colony Wars: Vengeance
    Silent Bomber
    Alien3
    THPS2 (oh wait.....wooohoooo gonna be awesome)
    PSN: Shinji-_-Ikari
    Twitter: @YouDidItAll4Me
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I want that Baldur's Gate HD thingymajig to hurry the feck up.
  • Giga Wing, Gunbird 2, Power Stone 1+2, Rival Schools 2: Project Justice.

Oh gawd yes.

Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • Phantom dust. If ever a game would suit xbla, this is it. And just because none of the sequels have quite scratched the same itch: Colin McRae 2.0.

Also +1 to blast corps and panzer dragoon saga. Even though I suspect I'd lose patience with the latter.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Dropship: United Peace Force PS2
    I'd like to see this again in a much more fluid open world, where you can more smoothly make your way from one dropship to the next back at base, more natural feeling land vehicles, and I suppose that would then lend itself to multiplayer.

Bushido Blade  PlayStation
    I know I mention this game every chance I get, but I'd love to see an update.  It was already pretty advanced in terms of localised damage, but I'd like to see further refinement.  I don't need a story, I just need different characters with different strengths, different abilities with the different weapons and a tonne of development on really honing an engine that is detailed in the damage done when a particular weapon strikes a particular body part in a particular way.  And fuck it, if they can work out how to have it that you can deflect strikes more easily, you could get epic duels going.  Yum.

Colony Wars  PlayStation
    Update the graphics, fix how the controls are mapped around the pad, hire actual James Earl Jones instead of fake James Earl Jones, done.

G-Police  PlayStation
    Update the graphics, fix how the controls are mapped around the pad, done.

B-17 Flying Fortress  Atari ST
    Again, this is one for multiplayer.  Think about it.  You know I'm right.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    adkm1979 wrote:
    Dropship: United Peace Force PS2 I'd like to see this again in a much more fluid open world, where you can more smoothly make your way from one dropship to the next back at base, more natural feeling land vehicles, and I suppose that would then lend itself to multiplayer. Bushido Blade  PlayStation I know I mention this game every chance I get, but I'd love to see an update.  It was already pretty advanced in terms of localised damage, but I'd like to see further refinement.  I don't need a story, I just need different characters with different strengths, different abilities with the different weapons and a tonne of development on really honing an engine that is detailed in the damage done when a particular weapon strikes a particular body part in a particular way.  And fuck it, if they can work out how to have it that you can deflect strikes more easily, you could get epic duels going.  Yum. Colony Wars  PlayStation Update the graphics, fix how the controls are mapped around the pad, hire actual James Earl Jones instead of fake James Earl Jones, done. G-Police  PlayStation Update the graphics, fix how the controls are mapped around the pad, done. B-17 Flying Fortress  Atari ST Again, this is one for multiplayer.  Think about it.  You know I'm right.

there all excellent choices.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • Well done adkm for doing it right.
  • The PS1 games in his post highlight how focus group driven and homogenous games have generally become this gen. Three utterly different titles, the likes of which haven't seen on either console.

G-Police 360 would be incredible, jetting through Bladerunner scale cities, chasing criminals through done networks... god. I used to spend hours on the demo that I got with OPSM, just chasing bikes around their routes, bombing car junctions from above...

Instead we get about 30 floating gun man shooter games. Ah well.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Is the problem really AAA games development though? Can't really see what's stopping someone doing that as a downloadable game or a modestly-budgeted PC one.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Talking about Bladerunner. That's another one that needs to be excavated from whatever trove it's been buried in. Probably the Westwood mausoleum.

• About 5 people here actully play on the PC. AAA devs have a money making formula and have stuck to it, scaring plenty of other devs into the same niche.

There will always be different games but the breadth of titles this gen has diminished from the PS2 era even, let alone the PS1 where you could have a game like Bushido Blade on your shelf next to Colony Wars, Klonoa, Music 2000, Parappa the Rapper, Gran Turismo, FFVII, G-Police, Kula World, Team Buddies, Alundra, Wipeout and Ape Escape.

Money and graphical standards means the safe route is preferable and understandable but that doesn't mean I have to be ok with it.
  • Bushido Blade deserves a full on reboot, not a mere port.

Fortunately, Neal Stephenson may be about to make something like it happen.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    sg8K5UsJ2cMxuXcvKr4mJXFbojhevdwdmtacDNewpM7K0faS5SjtX2_otFuqbKkQ2SHyeQfvUqpa5MwAeT75AtuSIlSUV7nz73hU98R_mX61yoa199EThe fifth guy in needs to work on his technique.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Mount & Blade always had quite a good fighting system involving feints and blocking that's fun online. Nowhere near as in-depth as that guy is poised to be going though.
  • Is it awful of me that took one look at the game and thought "b-b-b-but Japanese visuals team please".

That goes for M&B too - great concept, fugly.
  • Actually I'd probably trust Epic on that now too, I think they more-or-less get it.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Well done adkm for actually reading the OP.
  • Little Franklin
    Show networks
    PSN
    LittleFranklin
    Steam
    Little Franklin

Send message
    Have people actually played the games they want rereleased/remade. A lot of the games I used to like don't really stand the test of time.
  • Mine does which is why I chose it. Most hori shooters are emulating Gradius in some way, so why not resurrect the best one. People bought Sine Mora and it's not a patch on it.
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    theres a decent gradius clone in lbp2, very enjoyable and old skool.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Olimite wrote:
    Well done adkm for actually reading the OP.

The OP says to explain why you want to see it, and how it would be relevant today, not how you would update it. PERHAPS YOU SHOULD READ YOUR OWN OP, WHOO!
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Olimite actually took mine.

I'd love to see a hd re-release of the Yoshi's Island for N64. Those graphics were stunning back in the day. Great platforming, add in some online co-op with other yoshis, and pretty up the graphics. YES.

• I much preferred Yoshi's Island on SNES.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!