Next Gen Discussion: The Badger Slayer
  • What could be more British than rooting for the plucky underdog? The Xbone is the Hugh Grant of consoles, stutteringly apologising for past misdemeanours, foppish purveyor of ill-considered faux pas' and destined to always be seen as the ugly duckling to the PS4's Liz Hurley.
  • I thought a more apt comparison would be to a fat aging boxer who never got quite to the top but believed they did
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    While getting blowjobs off skanky street whores
  • The skanky ones are the best practised so still winning.
  • Stopharage wrote:
    What could be more British than rooting for the plucky underdog? The Xbone is the Hugh Grant of consoles, stutteringly apologising for past misdemeanours, foppish purveyor of ill-considered faux pas' and destined to always be seen as the ugly duckling to the PS4's Liz Hurley.
    PS3 was underdog last gen. PS4 is now the winningest dog, basking in its Top Dog time in the sun.
    The Queen has a PS4, thus it is most British.
  • Schoolboy error, the Queen is German, not British. Ergo, the PS4 can't be the most British. Quentin Crisp plays an Xbone in heaven with David Niven whilst tea bagging Diana Dors during COD MP sessions. Then apologises profusely for the indiscretion.
  • The Queen being German and Philip being Greek is one of the most British things about the monarchy!
    Crisp and Niven playing CoD? Piffle and nonsense! They're Quake 3 Arena men through and through. 
    Begone with this balderdash!
  • The Pss4 is definitely the embodiment of uuuuuuuK gmng. uuuuuuK gmng was accidentally invented in 1875 by Sir Francis Tiddle Blithekin, during a match of the popular ball-to-score game Glof. Whilst playing a round of Gluf with his cousin The Most Venerable Thompson Fothering Whittleby (who would later die an ignoble death submerged in a bath of Lyle's Golden Syrup) he made the following remarks

"Hey there Thomspon you utter gad and no good botherer! You've done jacksied up my hole-shot at the number 12 greenspace by spotting your balls all over the area! If it wasn't for your cack hand Sonny Jim clubbers you'd have managed those takes right through and no mistake!"

To which, The Most Venerable Whittleby responded:

"Listen out Blithekin you prize oaf and intolerable slouch, it's your Xavier Tooley's Box 'o Clubs brand relics that are causing all the hoo-haa swear on me uncle! If you can't make a shot without pissing it up you can't very well go and blame a man whose just having a laugh with his placement for a bit of the old diddlydaddly scoring!"

"Thomson you're a bounder and if it weren't for your ability to remain tight lipped over our mutal perversions then I'd hang you up by your gusset and call you a right Nancy! It's just not how we do things in uuuuK gmng"

That, fellow histomagorians is the first known usage of uuuuK gmng. Blithekin went on to found the First uuuk gmng Group Only For Those Who Play GLOF  With Clubs What Are Bought From Xavier Tooley, and Thomson created The Exact Same Group As That But With Soony Jim Clubs By Jove.

The two organisations swelled with members and have a long and storied history that frankly i'm not being paid enough to delve into here, as the shitnpis Director of the BBC is devil! You hear me you recording monkeys? Your boss is a piece of ar-[muffled sounds]

uuuK gmng continues to this day although history obscures the true incarnation of the term. Glurf has evolved into the boring twat-a-ball-and-clap sport of GOLF, and the frightful schism between branded club users is now but a formality. 

Join us next week, to find out the historical genesis of uuuK shggng
  • Can we have more serious arguments please?
  • I mean really vicious, personal attacks and stuff.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    You're a cunt

EDIT - that sort of thing?
  • That's the stuff. Please include my choice of gaming platform next time. I currently use my mobile, I find it's truly what could be called a next-gen experience.
  • I'm with nick, I don't have the patience to read long, thought out comedy.
  • wonderbanana
    Show networks
    Twitter
    NanasParadox
    Xbox
    Wonderbanana
    PSN
    Wonderbanana
    Steam
    Wonderbanana

Send message
    Nick and AJ are impatient cunts.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    So this guy walks into a bar and breaks his nose.
  • nick_md wrote:
    That's the stuff. Please include my choice of gaming platform next time. I currently use my mobile, I find it's truly what could be called a next-gen experience.
    Side-talking wankers!
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    That takes me back.
  • Had to look side-talking wanker up. I may try to bring it back for the shits.

I've been playing this on my phone since this morning and it's lovely. Art style is delicious. Gameplay is tight too for a game of this ilk on touchscreen:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rayark.pluto&hl=en

Recommended so far.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I thought I'd won the thread, wtf are you all doing?
  • Writing about history, duh
  • While failing to find a suitable gif, I learned that the yanks say "beating a dead horse", presumably because "flogging" was too complicated for them.
  • I thought I'd won the thread, wtf are you all doing?
    Scrabbling in the dirt for the scraps from your table, Sir King Cunt of All He Surveys.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    AJ wrote:
    While failing to find a suitable gif, I learned that the yanks say "beating a dead horse", presumably because "flogging" was too complicated for them.

Or maybe because, while you might beat a horse in some circumstances, I don't think you'd ever flog one (unless you're a cockney wanker). I'll give this one to the yanks.
  • Flogging and beating are the same thing, though. Well, except for the fact that flog implies you are using something and beating can be done with your hands.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I associate flogging with punishment.
  • Well yeah, isn't it supposed to mean - you're punishing a horse that is already dead so it's pointless
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Plus flogging is archaic, beating isn't.
  • MattyJ wrote:
    Well yeah, isn't it supposed to mean - you're punishing a horse that is already dead so it's pointless

I think it is.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Why would you punish a horse? You bastard.
  • Maybe if it breaks in your house and shits on your floor.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!