The Dark Knight Rises for the last time... (Spoilers as well if you like)
‹ Previous123456715
  • I for one am really quite excited about this last film.  I liked the the treatment of the source material in Begins, though TDK was a great testament to both the Joker and Two Face and am glad to see they are trying to make up for the horrific treatment of Bane in Batman and Robin.
    Are you lot thinking its worth a punt or are you waiting to be let down a la prometheus?
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • It will be good, Nolan has done a superb job with the franchise, there is no reason to think this will be anything but par with the others.

Hardy is also a fantastic actor especially in these troubled hard man roles, The Take was one of the best things on TV in years.

Imma gonna avoid too much media on the movie until I see it now I think, I dont want anything spoilt and they do seem to have a habit of advertising the fuckery out of everything these days.

Edit: also this should be in off topic :)
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I'll be watching it fer sure. Repeated viewings of The Dark Knight have made it a bit meh, but Hardy is in it and MAN CRUSH.
  • loved Hardy in Inception. He just oozed man all over the screen.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Thought the first film was utter gash. Enjoyed the second one very much. Will probably rent the third on blu sometime around Christmas.

hardly essential

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Best turn in Bronson yo, never has one so crazy been so attractive.
  • 300sw047yusw9.gif
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • I never saw bronson..
  • I cant get enough of Batman. Nolan's films have been full on sensational. Im annoyed that he appears to have been pressured into changing Bane's voice (compare his first and last trailer).

Like DS, the more ive watched TDK the more I start to pull it apart but then ive watched it about 8 times.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • NEW TRAILER!!!

Mainly the same footage we've seen before, but now in a whole new order!
  • JRPC wrote:
    300sw047yusw9.gif

I've seen that episode, it's actually the first ever one. The barman in the background is one of Riddler's goons.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • I believe I want to actually be Batman.
  • three1ne wrote:
    I believe I want to actually be Batman.

Seen my AC scores?

I IS BATMAN!
  • Do you think Talia will be in it?
  • I loved the first two but going off the trailer bane and cat woman both looked crap. I'll give it the benefit of the doubt and will go and see it at imax.
  • images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRJuoA2hDrKOY4iBcyj2QveYflTqw7xly4J4OvIWjENxNvqAlURwill be better than this waste of space
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I hope there is ample bomb above head disposal in this film.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    I hope there is ample bomb above head disposal in this film.

I ain't going otherwise.
  • JRPC wrote:
    three1ne wrote:
    I believe I want to actually be Batman.
    Seen my AC scores? I IS BATMAN!

I have. You are pure sensation. A perfect combo in AC may be the most satisfying gaming experience ever.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Should be going to the midnight showing with work colleagues and friends. I'll also probably shout "Well it weren't no Flash Gordon!" after it finishes.
  • $25 on the Friday night at my local cinema gets you all 3 films.  I might do that.
  • I always like the idea of going through the first film/s before seeing a sequel but I rarely do it. Im afraid of burning myself out of the enjoyment of seeing something fresh.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    @g.man first Prometheus and now dissing Begins, shurely shome mishtake.

I'm looking forward to this one too, hopefully they'll sort out Batsies voice too, sounded like he was chewing gravel in TDK.
    Things can only get better.
  • Nah, I just thought it was a really awful film. Dull as dishwater. Loved the second one though.

massive improvement

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Interesting video analysis into the editing of the Dark Knight.

https://vimeo.com/28792404

Very detailed, dont click if easily butt-hurt.
  • It seems that this is the sequel to 'Batman Begins' we've been waiting for. I was foolish reading some reviews and now feel like I know what happens in at least the first act of the film. It does sound good though. I stopped reading it near the start, but Xan Brooks review on the guardian sounds about right "Here is a film of granite, monolithic intensity; a superhero romp so serious that it borders on the comical."
  • Getting excited like. Trying to avoid reviews now..
    Can't wait.
  • I'm a bit concerned about John Blake. I think he's going to get on my tits.
    Ps4:MrSpock1980J     XBL-360: Jadgey      
    Things are looking up for my penis.
  • three1ne wrote:
    Interesting video analysis into the editing of the Dark Knight.

https://vimeo.com/28792404

Very detailed, dont click if easily butt-hurt.

I have to say that guy has put into words what I couldn't about what is wrong with that movie for me. But for me it is in a broader sense. The whole thing just felt off.

Personally I like the first one but the big finale thing was the worst part of it.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    pantyfire wrote:
    Interesting video analysis into the editing of the Dark Knight. https://vimeo.com/28792404 Very detailed, dont click if easily butt-hurt.
    I have to say that guy has put into words what I couldn't about what is wrong with that movie for me. But for me it is in a broader sense. The whole thing just felt off. Personally I like the first one but the big finale thing was the worst part of it.

Had to love Ledger's Joker.

cMmOz.jpg

Disclaimer: I don't really care about the new Batman Movie, but will watch it in good time.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
‹ Previous123456715

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!