The Dark Knight Rises for the last time... (Spoilers as well if you like)
  • adored wrote:
    Thanks for letting me know the end of the Avengers Rick! Agree with pretty much everything else though, not sure why Holmes got replaced either. Always quite liked Maggie G, but she looks a bit rough compared to Holmes if you watch the films back to back.
    You're welcome! Now you don't have to see it. Seriously though, sorry. It's not a big deal. Just like in this. Guess I'll put a spoiler over it.
    XBL: DJ Rick Joyce
    PSN: P-BAP
  • Actually, now that we've mentioned it all these times, I think the world is just going to have to deal with it.
    XBL: DJ Rick Joyce
    PSN: P-BAP
  • Just got back and think I may just be easily pleased.  Thought it was excellent, a perfect finish to the set.  Yeah it was soppy at the end but who gives a toss.  This is a third installments that doesn't suck,  if you think it does or disagree then you are wrong.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    seats booked for 8pm. 
    EXCITE.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • The more I think about the more I think this was the perfect final act.  Yeah could have done more with bane, but that wasn't the objective. The objective was to close the series in its current form which they did perfectly.   I can't see how it could have been done better,  it's not Oscar material or thought provoking but it is perfect for what it is supposed to be, well not perfect but probably as close as it could possibly get.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Seen it. Was fairly good though imo it's the weakest of the three Nolan Batmon films.

I can't for the life of me think of a film in recent memory that's had more extras piss me off though.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Did anyone else almost laugh when they heard Hardy's voice for the first time? It grows on you but at that particular moment it got more than a few giggles in the audience I was in.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Also
    Spoiler:
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    PS Also
    Spoiler:
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Awesome I get to read this lengthy fred now.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • I rather liked it. Opening with the plane was brilliant but after that it was very hectic and I was quite put off. I preferred the considered pace of the middle, when Bane got to put his take over in action. Finale was really good even if it was quite the macguffin and I'm not really sure what their intention was, were they just going to stay there to die? Wasn't fond of Bane's dispatch either.

8.5 giant bat men out of 10
  • Im not spoilering these spoilers because the thread title says spoilers ok yeah deal with it yeah.

I liked the Batman Statue.

Questions, Was the Batman statue erected in Wayne Manor or the town hall/somewhere else? If it was Wayne Manor then why? No one apart from the main people knew who he was and to the people of Gotham, no one linked Wayne with Batman.

Why did there need to be a member of Bane's crew in the wreckage of the plane?
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • You're the worst.

Luckily I've just seen it and it was amazing.
    Spoiler:
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    three1ne wrote:
    Why did there need to be a member of Bane's crew in the wreckage of the plane?

So they're more likely to think it was an air crash rather than foul play. Gillen's character was told by his CIA handlers to dispose of one. If there were none they'd think something was up.
  • Spoiler:
  • Absolutely loved it. Managed to avoid everything but the trailers in all the hype so most of the plot twists came as genuine shocks but it ticked all my fanboy notes and still left me surprised. 
    For me, Bane felt like a genuine threat to Gotham and seeing him beat Batman like that was genuinely chilling, really didn't think they had the balls to actually go there.
    Every bit as good as I hoped and left me with tears of pure joy by the end. 

My gf told me after that at one point she looked at me and described seeing a look on my face that reminded her of a 10 year old boy at Christmas. Still smiling now!
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Re Maggie G and the Holmes swap over, the official reason was a schedule conflict for Holmes film "Mad Money". Other sites reckon it was her link to Cruise that caused problems, either through negative image or that she was looking for more cash not that she was Mrs Cruise.
    SFV - reddave360
  • And back to the film, I think this may be the best Hollywood trilogy so far - preferred it to Star Wars (first 3) and Lord of the rings even though it shares a lot of traits - great set-up movie, dark and widely regarded best sequel, followed by a less well received conclusion. Anyone else have suggestions for best Hollywood trilogy?
    SFV - reddave360
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    If there was no Alien 4.....
  • Well, Alien 4 has no bearing on the trilogy. Although Alien 3, despite quite liking it myself, is far from a good film.
  • I thought it was good. Bit overkill on the jarring politico themes but I liked everything else. Hathaway, bane were good too (quite liked why she had cat ears)
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I thought it was good. Bit overkill on the jarring politico themes but I liked everything else. Hathaway, bane were good too (quite liked why she had cat ears)

Completely forgot about that - nice wee touch.
  • I think they could have split the film into two. Had Bane escape at the end, with him the boss of Talia, Talia dying at the end of film 3. This would allow development of Selena Kyle's character into Catwoman as it has to be said there was pretty much zero. 

It could have also focused more on the 8 years in passing. Also could have allowed for more time as Wayne goes from Recluse to Batman as that segment felt far too rushed. I really hated that his walking stick was fixed by 1, ONE, !!!11, Lucius Fox knee tightner gizmo. Could they not have put more emphasise on that? Multiple gizmos for most limbs, it seemed weird that it was a simple case of popping on a knee brace, kick a wall and then hes back to full strength. I know his reason for not being Batman for 8 years wasnt through injury but through being the fall guy for Dent but it really undersold Wayne's reclusive, depressed state of mind.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Splitting a movie into 2?

Fuck man, what's happened to you.
  • It's definitely my favourite of the three. Extremely satisfying conclusion. Talia turn surprised me, as I figured she would be in opposition to Bane, and even against R'as Al Ghul as they were playing up her relationship with Bruce. Didn't diminish Bane, just gave him more of a purpose. Catwoman was perfect.
    I'm a Sasquatch man and I'm watching you.
  • three1ne wrote:
    I really hated that his walking stick was fixed by 1, ONE, !!!11, Lucius Fox knee tightner gizmo. Could they not have put more emphasise on that? Multiple gizmos for most limbs, it seemed weird that it was a simple case of popping on a knee brace, kick a wall and then hes back to full strength. I know his reason for not being Batman for 8 years wasnt through injury but through being the fall guy for Dent but it really undersold Wayne's reclusive, depressed state of mind.

I was wondering if it was a bit of a geeky call back to Azrael in Knightfall, who always appears to have some sort of strap around his left leg when in costume. 

Also you're suggesting his first foray back into Gotham was successful, and it wasn't, he wasn't back to being Batman hence why Bane broke his back.
  • Yah was hardly fixed, but allowed him to get out and do it again. See: Steve Austin's knees.
    I'm a Sasquatch man and I'm watching you.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Also you're suggesting his first foray back into Gotham was successful, and it wasn't, he wasn't back to being Batman hence why Bane broke his back.

No, I was just talking about screen time given to "oh im a reclusive, lost broken man..oh actually ill pop out in the batsuit again". I dont have any real problem with it, and the scale of the story didnt allow for too much dwelling on Bruce Wayne repairing himself psychologically, but I just felt undersold on Batman's return into Gotham.

Edit; although his true return to form takes place throughout the whole film (and hes not at 100% again until he reenters Gotham when its under siege) im just talking about his initial return.
  • I struggle to see where they'd find the time for it really. I think it was handled fairly well, opinions and all that though.
  • RedDave2 wrote:
     Anyone else have suggestions for best Hollywood trilogy?

Ffs, Toy Story, silly. By a million miles the most comprehensive and fully rounded group of films in existence.  It's the joy that shows through in them, the joy of just wanting to get things so right, so
    perfect.

Anyway, dont get me started. Back to batman, which I haven't seen yet...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!