Trials Fusion!
  • My rate of improvement has dropped off massively now :(

I kind of know what I need to be doing for most bits to be faster/better, but nowhere near good enough yet.

Tell me some easy tracks to get platinum so I can boost me some confidence. (have plats on sewage, coaster and one of the beginner levels).
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    TheDaddy said:

Tell me some easy tracks to get platinum so I can boost me some confidence. (have plats on sewage, coaster and one of the beginner levels).

Way of the Ninja.
  • Tempy said:

T'was Prospector! Sorry, I'm terrible with the level names :) 

Shit, I hate that one. You can keep it!

Ok then Tempy, pick a track and let's dance! ;)
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Had a go at this today, tried a couple of random tracks but I couldn't be arsed. I think I might be over this.
  • So there I was, doing ok on the medium levels, just about keeping up with stormy.

Then I moved on to hard.  WTF?!  How the hell do you do it so bloody quick?!

I really need to practice.

Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Once you get to grips with the Phoenix your times will drop drastically mate. Some good advice from the old place (DS, Voices, Dubs?) that helped me, was to go back to some of the easy/medium tracks and experiment with the bike's handling on tracks you already know.

Also, check out some of the replays from high ranking riders for tips on riding style and new techniques.
  • Oh yeah, read Dubs tips on the OP of the old thread. Essential.
  • Good advice, I've done a run through on all hard tracks now.  Was thinking of going back and trying to get a few more golds.  The Phoenix is an insane bike but I have got better with it. 

Cheers Stormy

• All the hard tracks? Damn. I've still got five to do, although I'm only moving on when I've got gold. And I'm reasonably happy with my run. And when I've retaken a time from one of my rivals. And... well, you get the picture. 

I have just got the magic 135 medals though. Discovered I'd got 17 platinum medals waiting for me. Nice surprise.
  • TheDaddy said:

Pier Pressure.  Got a plat the first time I went back to it. 
  • @Stormy:  One word.  Bronze. On them all...
  • Fuck me the multiplayer in this is good. Hardcore trials are like shooting fish in a barrel. GIVE ME WINS!
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I ain't played Hardcore yet due to my lack of experience with half the hards/all extreme, but basic trial is also fairly easy.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    @moot: I'm gunning for you on first extreme. Can nail the whole level bar the absolute final bit.
  • Fuck I wish I was playing this game. Have you guys been doing multiplayer? How does it go? I'm going to have some serious catching up to do when I finally can play it.

• @moot: I'm gunning for you on first extreme. Can nail the whole level bar the absolute final bit.

IT'S ON. 

When I was putting the time in I was pretty much the same, hence me completely stopping the bike before growing a pair and getting over that wall on my replay.  Should be a good battle.  Unless you beat me by more than 3 seconds. 

• I ain't played Hardcore yet due to my lack of experience with half the hards/all extreme, but basic trial is also fairly easy.

I wouldn't say you need to know them. Half the time the opposition get completely stuck, though I did get beaten once on way of the ninja when I had a complete spac attack on the obstacle with the flame. I still won the overall thing though.

I love the way that Dubs has played 40 and won 40 - impressive. I seem to have lost 3 at some point.

• MuseChick
    Show networks
    Twitter
    MuseChick
    Xbox
    MuseChick
    PSN
    MuseChick
    Steam
    musechick

Send message
    I completed way of the ninja yesterday in 28 minutes, 400andsomething faults and a few tears. I don't even feel proud of myself. 
  • the time in I was pretty much the same, hence me completely stopping the bike before growing a pair and getting over that wall on my replay.  Should be a good battle.  Unless you beat me by more than 3 seconds. 

When I was setting a time on the track I didn't think that last obstacle was all that difficult, but I faulted a fair few times on it last night in multiplayer.
  • my biggest weakness is steep slopes and I'm just not sure how to tackle them

it is so easy to back flip, but if I leand forward hard often the backwheel comes up and I lose traction.

Any tips please? Ta.
  • Tips on slopes

• Sometimes steep slopes require you to be in the forward lean position, but not leaning forward on the stick
    • Accelerating causes your bikes weight to shift backwards. Less severe acceleration causes less weight shift. Gentle throttle is a requirement for some extreme tracks
    • Bike position is important in the run up to a slope. You don't want to hit an incline with your front wheel, as the impact on your bikes suspension will shift your weight in a way you don't want. Generally you need to hit slopes leaning backwards, or neutral, and then shift your weight forward as you begin to ascend

A bit of practice and you'll be flying up those slopes.

• Simplest thing on a slope is to hold the stick diagonal down+right rather than just right!

voices advise good too but start with that.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message

voices said:

I love the way that Dubs has played 40 and won 40 - impressive. I seem to have lost 3 at some point.

I've lost 9. Playing at 3 in the morn when you can barely see the screen isn't a good idea, but it's fun!

Multiplayer tonight, anyone?
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Also, I think I've found an 'unfound' shortcut on the first Extreme
  • Also, I think I've found an 'unfound' shortcut on the first Extreme

Oh right? Can't begin to imagine where that might be.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message

32 seconds in there, if you whip the bike perfectly enough on contact with the first log and immediately go into a forward flip, if its done right your back wheel will hit the incline perfectly about a quarter of an inch from the top, get instant traction and you'll zoom over the top landing perfectly. Done it about eight times last night, but fucked up at the end.

I'll try and get it in a run later, regularly saves me at least 3 seconds.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Knowing my luck its probably been found, I've only checked Voices and Moot's replays.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Beat you by .3 moot :)

Balls in your court.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Make that nearly 4 seconds :D

Got the hang of the final jump after slowing down Voices replay on it.
  • Ah, ok. You can do a very similar  trick on the extreme after that one too. If you hit an obstacle near the start with your front tire and flip round, you can hit the incline and zoom straight over it. Saves about a second.

The key to the track your doing seems to be the difficult jump up onto the verticalish pipe, after the long drop/jump.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!