Just given up on...
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    The DLC continues in quality and is a nice commentary on the effect of upvote mechanics on discussion culture.

Basically Reddit is a bit shit.
  • The bonuses seemed even more obtuse, though.
  • Bollockoff wrote:
    Talos Principle. Loved it for a large proportion - even found how to access the messengers but it's just dragged on too long. I know I'm not far from completion but it's just stretched out over too many levels with mechanics that I've grown just too weary of. I'd like to think I'll return to complete it once I've ploughed through firewatch but I know that's not really going to happen. I'd really recommend the game as it's obviously a passion project but it needed a third lopping off the running time. Like most games actually.
    Climbing the last bit of the tower is very much something worth doing, if that's any motivation. Fuck the gold stars. Most require you to borderline break the game by figuring out how to steal equipment from other puzzles and exploit walls you can jump onto to climb around the scenery. Only leads to a shitter ending anyway.

Right, I'm going back in then.  Firewatch gave me a little break from it all and I'm only around 4 or 5 doors in the final world away from clearing it so I'll do it.  Fuck me, I'm motivated, I'm keen, I'm gonna do it!!!
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Ace Combat Assault Horizon Legacy+, Aliens Infestation, Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate, Dragon Quest IX, Pokemon Conquest, and Resident Evil 6.

Everything but Resident Evil 6 because I've got tons of other shit on the go. They're all fun games but I can't complete everything, dammit.

Resident Evil 6 because it's shit. I mean, really really shit. I thought I could grind my way through it, just so I could say I'd completed RE 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6, but fuck it. It's not worth the stress. An utterly unredeemable waste of 1s and 0s. Resi 6 should have been given the Resi 4 prototype treatment and never seen the light of day.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Didn't bother with Code: Veronica?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Didn't bother with Code: Veronica?

It's on my list of things to catch up with, and I own the Dreamcast version. But at the time I was dismissive of it, which was probably a mistake.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • I enjoyed it. Not the best, but not the worst either.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Is it better than Resi 6?
  • I disliked 5 so didn't even bother with 6!!!
  • V.Close to giving up on Creed of Arse: London.

After circa 15hrs I definitely feel like I've gotten my
    2nd hand, sub-stoney's worth. The mission design is a bit too safe and joyless + by the open-world nums to the point where I just can't be arsed to go on.

Realistically I've given up on Arse of Creed: London. Not even bothered to YouTube the remaining story bits. I'm convinced they'll be shit.
  • Actually ended up completing + really enjoying London: Creed's arse. So much so that I even bought the season pass.

I am giving up on Super paper Mario Wii however 'cause:

- Bland villain constantly talks about himself in the third person, which grates for some reason.

- Dialogue is painfully unfunny.

- It's making me waggle more than I'd like, i.e. it's forcing any waggle (outside of ui) on me.

- I've already collected the first of six x things I need to stop y horrible, apocalyptic thing occurring. *So yawn* zzzzzzzzzz.
  • I gave up after just half an hour or so on it back when it was released.
  • I gave it a wee bit longer (1hr), meh.
  • Unravel.  It looks lovely, really lovely but the mechanics of the game are too imprecise for what it wants of you plus the twee "feels" the game is trying to ram down my throat just feels manipulative.  Even the couple of paragraphs from the devs at the start rubbed me up the wrong way.

Also, that golf game that's meant to be like the crash mode from burnout.  It isn't like the crash mode from burnout.  It's shit. Plus, if you're gonna make a game purely about high scoring then you better make sure you've programmed the game sufficiently well to make sure I don't have to sit through a 30 second load window reminding me of the controls every time I want to retry a level. AND it thinks it's oh so edgy with its stupid fonts and music.

I'm trying to get into Until Dawn but that's coming perilously close to making it into this thread too.  It's too uncanny valley for me to fully engage with. If enough voices tell me to persevere though I will.  I seem to remember it was well liked by a fair few on here.
  • Oh, and that Shadow of the Beast remake ( I had a £40 splurge during the last psn sale).  It's the worst out of the lot of them.  The combat feels great, really meaty and solid. Everything else though is a fucking shambles.  Character movement outside of punching is utter bobbins, the graphics are shit, it's for some reason trying to tell a story in the worst cutscenes I've seen in a long time, the constant differing camera positions are frustrating and pointless and there was a bit near the start where I had to hide from a barrage of arrows under some strategically placed trees whilst the collision detection had a go at taking the piss.  Bollocks it is.  Worst game I've played in a long time.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Unravel.  It looks lovely, really lovely but the mechanics of the game are too imprecise for what it wants of you plus the twee "feels" the game is trying to ram down my throat just feels manipulative.  Even the couple of paragraphs from the devs at the start rubbed me up the wrong way.

Also, that golf game that's meant to be like the crash mode from burnout.  It isn't like the crash mode from burnout.  It's shit. Plus, if you're gonna make a game purely about high scoring then you better make sure you've programmed the game sufficiently well to make sure I don't have to sit through a 30 second load window reminding me of the controls every time I want to retry a level. AND it thinks it's oh so edgy with its stupid fonts and music.

I'm trying to get into Until Dawn but that's coming perilously close to making it into this thread too.  It's too uncanny valley for me to fully engage with. If enough voices tell me to persevere though I will.  I seem to remember it was well liked by a fair few on here.

Gut feel on first two already said no, so the above is reassuring on that front. I had similar thoughts on Until Dawn but enjoyed it in the end. How far through are you? It's not faultless but I'd recommend seeing it through.
  • Yo uncle they updated Dangerous Golf literally tonight and made the restarts time 2-3secs. And added a load of other stuff too.
  • Both games have been reprieved!  Well done chaps.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I'm playing through Until Dawn myself at the mo'. Gets miles better when people start dying as with most things. 4 hours till Dawn.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Don't reload any decisions. I'll know.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Trying to arrange a Titanfall session.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Trying to arrange a Titanfall session.
    Awww.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Here.
  • Blue Swirl wrote:
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Didn't bother with Code: Veronica?

It's on my list of things to catch up with, and I own the Dreamcast version. But at the time I was dismissive of it, which was probably a mistake.

RE:CV plays and feels a lot like RE2 and RE3. It's the last of the classic Resident Evils before 4 came along despite the fancy real time gfx. It also introduced Super Wesker to the re lore, make of that what you will.

Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • What are the Revelations games like then? Do they play like proper Resi games? I notice you can get the whole of Resi Rev 2 for £7 on PSN at the moment.
  • I don't trust new Resi games.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Thief

I thought I'd give it a go as I'm hankering for a little Dishonoured. What a fucking mess. Some ledges you can fall off, others you can't. You climb up (certain, clearly marked) ledges automatically, without the ability to see what's up there. No peeking over the top, just vault up and stand out in the open, hello Mr guard, I'm the elusive master thief Garret, pleased to meet you. Loading screens everywhere. Shit combat. Bobbins story.

I quite liked skulking about picking locks and robbing the shit out of the world, but it's not worth the hassle.
  • That's a shame, I was eyeing that up for a playthrough, it's been winking up at me from my hard drive ever since it was GwG.  I like beating free shite games though.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • JonB wrote:
    What are the Revelations games like then? Do they play like proper Resi games? I notice you can get the whole of Resi Rev 2 for £7 on PSN at the moment.

Revelations 1 isn't worth playing. It's a port of a nintendo DS game therefore areas feel fairly spartan. Revelations2 is much better. Better than Res5 and Res6. Nowhere near the classics I.e. 1,2,3,4

• Thief

I thought I'd give it a go as I'm hankering for a little Dishonoured. What a fucking mess. Some ledges you can fall off, others you can't. You climb up (certain, clearly marked) ledges automatically, without the ability to see what's up there. No peeking over the top, just vault up and stand out in the open, hello Mr guard, I'm the elusive master thief Garret, pleased to meet you. Loading screens everywhere. Shit combat. Bobbins story.

I quite liked skulking about picking locks and robbing the shit out of the world, but it's not worth the hassle.

Tried the demo and deleted after 5 minutes. Got annoyed trying to select a rope arrow via the touch pad.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!