Super Street Fighter 4: Cross-up Tatsu Wake-up Ultra edition.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Another tournament on: http://www.twitch.com/capcomfighters

It's seriously not bad at full tilt.
    It's starting to remind me a little of CvS2 now... And that was a really good game.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • I actually felt the slightly more realistic graphics did give it an snk vibe. I quite like the look of it, although not so into the level specific ko animations. They will wear thin pretty sharpish.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    It's too slow.

Jumps in IV are somewhere in the mid-40s (I've said this before, han' I?!), compared to mid-30s in Strike. So about a 20% difference, that makes all the offensive difference. Watching the latest, consider these erasals: crouch-teching; EXing through blockstrings; FADC escapes; backdash invincibility... and yet still - with its damage bumped - it's not an aggressive game.

They've removed a ton of shit from IV, only to nerf a lot of the good stuff in order to affect a IV-like experience. If Dudley returns with his high-low game untouched, I'll proper change my tune. But for now, my impression is that walking and jumping is too slow - evasion is so poor - that play hinges on predictive button-pressing. Given how large reaction windows are for top twiddlers, and especially how obvious jump-ins will soon become, traditional play's a fast road to stalemates.

We haven't seen anyone play ultra-defensively yet, because they're supposed to be advertising it, but I bet some of these guys could block and spoil for days. As it stands, Kuroda's Q would absolutely decimate in this engine. Without the fun of universal parries or overheads.
  • And Nerdjosh just discovered crouch teching in it. Let the Option Select train crash begin! ;)

Caught some of that tourney, more to like than dislike currently. It does seem pretty bare bones though. But hey, early days and that.
    "In the long run, if you play solid, you'll be a more solid player." Aris Bakhthanians
  • Agressive = good is dumb to me. Play one of those games if you want.
  • I really don't like the visuals. Or the stop start claymation look of the hits.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • i don't think he's saying agressive = good, more slow = bad

just that in a game with such pace, there isn't really any leeway to be agressive against someone just walling up. the game does have guard crush now so i guess that's the 'negative penalty' for turtling.

I haven't seen this tournament yet, but from the little i have seen players are rarely out of jump in range, and with its current speed and block/hitstun times the matches look a bit like mk in the way they play out. projectiles look useless so far, hopefully i'm wrong.
  • Bleh I don't care really I'm just bored of people complaining about jump arcs since 2009
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Smang wrote:
    I haven't seen this tournament yet, but from the little i have seen players are rarely out of jump in range, and with its current speed and block/hitstun times the matches look a bit like mk in the way they play out. projectiles look useless so far, hopefully i'm wrong.

It's a small point, but Wong's Bipson, and Xian's Charlie's worth watching.
    Birdie is clearly broken.

Wong has already worked out an interesting little frame trap* with Bipson, that reminds me of a 'Sharkboy' rushdown in Xrd. His teleport work also makes the new Bison look quite cool.

*You'll know it when you see it.

As for the art direction...

lFibxwJ.png
    XBM9VgZ.png
    a3yp020.png

I mean, that's all in game...
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Here's a highlight vid of Wong's Bison. 
    Good players make the game look fast enough, for me at least.

Another thing I've noticed? They've reintroduced heavy damage theme music. :]
    And chip damage finishes can only be effected by supers/criticals.

The match vs Combofiend 4:00 minutes in is worth a look, because Rosas pulls out a Ryu, and as a Capcom rep, can parry a bit...

• yeah i actually noticed that way back - i actually think the music has more levels to it, a bit like revengance. 

i noticed the win pose music comes from the stage music, or rather one transitions into the other. nice touch!

also that video doesn't fill me confidence, looks hella sfxt to me. i don't think Wong leaves the ground once...
  • You also start the next round facing the same direction you finished the last, regardless of P1 or P2 status.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    The impression I get, is that this is not an entirely cynical enterprise like SFxT was, but like Brooks and Smang, I'd like to see more innovation. And this current build suggests that the game itself won't be the vehicle for it.

I do suspect that the network features are going to be quite special though. Especially given the cross platform play stuff, but they've not mentioned their plans yet.
  • I hope it's not a dlc chug, or if it is, its inconsequential stuff like costumes. not autocombos or that kind of junk.

online beta O_O

also has anyone seen Chuns boobs? that shit needs to go. this isn't DOA

or maybe it is?
  • It's a graphical glitch that only happens on the right side.

I'm liking what I'm seeing so far.
  • Nice art style, it seems to be going for a paintbrush like look similar to snk concept art. They added advanced lighting too. Fight system looks okayish but it's still early days.
    With streetfighter and it's updates it's all about the tweaking and the balancing of the fight system and characters. That's what makes the difference between a 3rd strike and a mugen clone. It's also the reason why a streetfighter release goes through so many iterations.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Bleh I don't care really I'm just bored of people complaining about jump arcs since 2009

The jumps can be made faster, or they can be modified for in-air control. But if they remain slow, their arcs fixed, that hobbles everyone. Tekken 7's nerfed sidesteps are the same.

Agressive = good is dumb to me. Play one of those games if you want.

There's way more to it than that.

3rd Strike would allow Sako to play a far more aggressive game than IV, but Kuroda could match him without having to be aggressive at all. A game that imposed aggressive play on everyone would be bad; a game that especially rewarded aggressive play would be bad; a game that opposes aggressive play based on its reward bias is bad. To me.

And I feel that slow jumps tip that bias in favour of defensive play. They're not the sole cause, obviously.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    In the Wong vid above @1:57...

What's Birdie doing there? A slide/backdash/delayed wake up thingy...
    Very Tekken like.

I wonder if that's universal?
  • it looked like a wakeup back roll, though nothing like that has been mentioned before... hard to judge as there don't seem to be many knockdowns in that vid.

it also looks a little bit like a glitch :)
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Smang wrote:
    it looked like a wakeup back roll, though nothing like that has been mentioned before... it also looks a little bit like a glitch :)

Nah mate, he's pumping his arms and legs while doing it!

But they could make it look a bit better...
  • Haven't had chance to watch them yet, but Nerd Josh put a ton of footage up onto his youtube of people playing SF5 at E3 over the last couple of days.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Roujin going for delayed wake-up... oh, no!
  • @isanbard @jrpc

I'm told I can get a PS3 stick working on my PS4. If I buy SFIV this week will you guys play some with me?
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Here you go laddie, follow them instructions and you're golden. 
    I think we should have a strict policy of you using 2 fingers per hand, one hand only, not looking at the screen... errr. .. using yer feet, nose or other suitable appendage... 

If we can get a system up then I'm hot to trot! I'll warn you in advance of our J2 and his deadly  3 hit combo though. Devastating.
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • To be fair your Bison was getting somewhere the other day, but I was so fucking wasted, playing on a pad, and playing over shareplay with literally the worst connection I've ever seen. So you should be fine.
  • is the ps4 version all fixed up then? i'd still be more inclined to jump on if there was a disc :/
  • i think so. hey we can play GG as well man, if that stick thing works. I've got a shitty old Hori that probably still works
  • that guide is just how to use SF4's inbuilt legacy support, no dice with xrd unfortunately. if you're gonna jump on with a ps3 stick you might as well DL xrd on ps3.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    PS4 version reportedly (as of 1.03) is now comparable in measurements to the XBox. Feels fine to mye but that largely means nothing here..
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • i've still been hearing things about the framerate being unstable and stuff like that... most worryingly for me would be that chun's cr.hp xx legs seems to come out with different timing everytime...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!