Super Street Fighter 4: Cross-up Tatsu Wake-up Ultra edition.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    hylian_elf wrote:
    They don't like scrub Kens in the Homeland.
    Must be it. I'm on a total SF kick atm, investigating a proper fight stick when I get home

For PS4? Prob cheaper in Japan?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    hunk wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:
    Today I beat two locals at Ultra SF in "Hey" arcade, back to back. One of them came round to my side afterwards and said some things in, what seemed like an aggressive manner. I was playing as Ken.
    If they were wearing either suits or hawaii shirts with gold necklaces, congrats you just beat the local yakuza and you've now earned the nickname of Ryo Hazuki. If they were kids, screw 'em and just steal their lunch money.
    Def not Yakuza, not baby kids: maybe about mid twenties, one was really fat and played as Cammy which made me do a laugh. They might have just been, as we call such people in glasgow, "fandans".

Okay, I actually lolled at that...
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • "Increased resolution of visual effects"
    wtf is this actually listed as a bug fix? i don't even
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:
    hylian_elf wrote:
    They don't like scrub Kens in the Homeland.
    Must be it. I'm on a total SF kick atm, investigating a proper fight stick when I get home

For PS4? Prob cheaper in Japan?

So this I dunno - what I need help on. Is it better to go in for PS4 or with 360/PS3 where all the other fight men are?
  • i think most of the regulars are still on 360, but with sf5 coming fairly soon...
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I know - this is problem. If I got a 360 fight stick it'd mean I could do persona, MvsC, Jojo and others tho... What's a decent price for a relatively ok 360 stick that won't make me upset when I have to graduate to a PS4 one?
  • Reg before you buy the stick I want you to search deep inside yourself.

Do you have the intestinal fortitude to persevere with fightmen and learn how to play on a stick? You will spend months getting beaten, in the beginning, until you get the fundamentals down. Losing is a thing you need to be okay with if you want to reach the glorious highs which are imho unrivalled in any other form of competitive gaming.

If you can do this, then you can probably pickup a Madcatz SE for cheaps now, which is the cheaper version of the legendary TE, but still uses the same parts, just has a smaller body. You must be able to get those for less than £50 these days I'd have thought.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Or just do like Smang says, spaff it all on a PS4 stick, get GGXrd and SF4/5 and never look back.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I must go mull this life advice Rouj. I can absolutely handle getting my noob arse kicked. tekken 7 arcade being online enabled has rekt me this week
  • you're on the cusp of a new age as it were, bit tricky....

most if not all ps4 sticks also work on ps3. there are also adapters that make 360 sticks work on ps3, and potentially some ps4 games working with ps3 sticks. so far the sf5 beta only works with ps4 stuff, so who knows.

i'd imagine the safest option is to get a ps3/4 stick, if it matters it will also work on PC.

its a ball ache for what is just 6 buttons and the simplest of 8 way joysticks.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I do have MvsC for PS3 and persona.... Maybe that's the shout. What are reliable 3/4 sticks?
  • i have a hori HRAP v4, its fine for me if a bit light. uses Hori's own brand 'silent' parts that some find weird to use. seems to be the cheaper option (i got it for £80 +pnp) if you can find one. the madcatz TE2 looks to be business as usual bar the price....

there's another Hori one that looks slightly different to the HRAP 4, i think it has a touchpad like the Dualshock 4 but it's essentially the same stick and buttons.

these 3 are all ps3/ps4 compatible.
  • there's also this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Officially-Licensed-Playstation-Arcade-Stick/dp/B00NHDSINS

only issue would be non sanwa/seimetsu parts, they might not last as long, and from the comments swapping the stick out doesn't sound that easy.

that said it's a pretty cheap entry into stick land.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Yip. Got that one Smang. Seems fine. 

The sticks are a simple swap if you buy a ribbon cable. I could only get 5 of em so if anyone else happens to get one and wants to swap the stick then I can sort you a cable for nowt. PM etc etc.
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • i'm tempted tbh... if the stick is an easy swap i'd go for it as i've got a few JLFs lying around.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    I must go mull this life advice Rouj. I can absolutely handle getting my noob arse kicked. tekken 7 arcade being online enabled has rekt me this week

shia1_3324557b.jpg
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Yeah. You have to do a simple solder job as is but the board has a cable option too. I've yet to try it mind but grabbed some ribbons off ebay as it was the last bag left iirc. 

I'll crack it open in a bit to double check they're the right ones. They cost bugger all so more than happy to spread the luv and make it a plug and play job. The stock buttons needed a bit of tlc to get em working smooth too tbh but a little tickle and they're also now fine. 

As a decent sized box, cable tidy hole and PS3/4/PC compatible board it seemed good and well priced.

Was thinking of getting some buttons and stick replacements myself but should really try to git gud  at a fighty game first. Might save it as a treat for when SF5 launches?

Edit: Just checked and it looks as if I did manage to get a 5 pin ribbon that fits into a empty slot on the board. From internet pics it looks as if a JSF stick also uses a 5 pin connector so..err... I guess it should work? 
    Here's the SRK forum page on it. It has board pics and all that.
  • i would make a joke about all those sheep lining up behind Ryu.....

Cammy's new stage? or New Zealand?
    isanbard wrote:
    Edit: Just checked and it looks as if I did manage to get a 5 pin ribbon that fits into a empty slot on the board. From internet pics it looks as if a JSF stick also uses a 5 pin connector so..err... I guess it should work?  Here's the SRK forum page on it. It has board pics and all that.

will look later but i think JLFs have 4 pins...
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    SF5 looking gud!

This piccy off of ebay of a ginuine Sanwa JLF suggests they got 5 pins. 

$_57.JPG?set_id=880000500F

Fairly sure we good to go. 

Any respectable sites to get certified buttons and sticks btw?  Can see stuff on ebay but it's either US based or straight from China. Probably fine but if the forum knows of a decent uk supplier it'd be handy. Found ArcadeWorldUK that seem comparably pricey.
  • a new spanky JLF will set you back around £25-30.

there used to be more shops but those guys are ok, last time i bought stuff from them was a silent sanwa set about a year ago that lives inside one of Fullspeccers sticks now.
  • Nicki made me throw away the box 'o' bits that Escape donated to mordor, sorry guys.
  • the beta has no local MP apparently. le sigh
  • Ahahahahahahahahahahahaha
  • Hollis go to Mi-Ka-Do in Takadanobaba, it is the best.
  • at least me only having one stick won't be a problem.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    They are saying that this is specifically a netcode test. No local playing hereabouts. laggy broken online matches only for now!

"The primary purpose of this beta is to test the online net code, as this is 
    something that Capcom is taking very seriously with Street Fighter V. The data 
    that we receive from this beta will help us to improve the net code in the final 
    product, so we thank you in advance for participating in the beta."
  • because Capcom always tells the truth. they're also releasing Cammy and Birdie two days later to test their 'remote delivery system'

I just read that as micro transaction banking software.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    yup. Me too. Sounded decidedly fishy. 

There's a chance it's all about the months of free dlc charas and outfits that are coming along. 

A very, very small chance tbf...
  • They should just use whatever Xrd is using, so buttery smooth 99.9% of the time. Xrd is UE3 so shouldn't be much issue mayber.

Although maybe give the weird virtual arcade lobby setup a miss.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!