Final Fantasy - General
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    This is probably known but if you give party members the exploit weakness gambit they will always know a foes weakness even if they can't be libra'd. Pennelo started doing aero nukes on the giant rocktoise mark with no prompting.
  • Yeah, I found that out by accident. Useful.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Sounds like a nice Weekend Raiziel :)
  • Ok my first final fantasy game zodiac remaster on ps4. Loving it but overwhelmed! One question I took the second hunt but I'm level 5 with dagger and kept getting my arse handed to me. So left it. I bought a sword but can't use it cos no licence. And I don't see option on board. I'm doing palace mission at moment but want to know if I make a few mistakes on board choices now will that screw everything up for rest of game....
    Peter3C
  • You can't really fuck it for the whole game. You can under optimise it, for sure, but just focus on enjoying it. It's not a job.
  • Sorry rambling... Need help! Any website with good explanation of systems would be appreciated gambits, board etc.
    Peter3C
  • GameFAQs probably has a ton of in-depth license board FAQs
  • Tempy wrote:
    GameFAQs probably has a ton of in-depth license board FAQs

Cheers!
    Peter3C
  • pc71 wrote:
    Tempy wrote:
    GameFAQs probably has a ton of in-depth license board FAQs

Cheers!

Aye, gamefaq guides are useful but I sometimes find them a bit impenetrable. This is a good guide to just go over the basics:

https://www.gameskinny.com/pnlmk/final-fantasy-xii-the-zodiac-age-job-classes-guide

Pay attention to the weapons, armours and skills they get access too. There's heavy armours, light armours and mystic armours. They all scale well, but they tend to have their own benefits - heavy favours raw defense, light favours HP and mystic strengthens magic power.

Also, dedicated magic classes aren't super useful early on - you won't have access to that many spells early on and MP pools are low.

So, utility magic classes are useful for the early game - Monk, Red Battlemage etc.

When you buy a weapon or armour from the shop, the character icon should light up if the character can use it. Remember that and you'll never buy a thing you can't use.

Certain classes mix really well, but that'll come later. Just try to get to grips with the basics for now and feel free to ask if you have any more questions.
  • Much appreciated.
    Peter3C
  • Killed my first ever FF boss. It's taking time to get used to systems etc but I'm really enjoying my zodiac age.
    Peter3C
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Hooray!
    Get schwifty.
  • pc71 wrote:
    Killed my first ever FF boss. It's taking time to get used to systems etc but I'm really enjoying my zodiac age.

You starting to get to grips with it?
  • Raiziel wrote:
    Hooray!

Cheers Raiziel!
    Peter3C
  • Christ if took me ages to get how to access and use magic during battles but done that. Got some gambits up and running. and second boss was done for at first attempt. Not exactly a hand holder this game but I'm loving it....
    Peter3C
  • Nice one.

This game is a weird one, aye - as the battles get harder and require more strategy and concentration, your ability to actually adapt and do what you wanna do gets easier.

You'll be taking down the big guys in no time.

In related news - now done about 35 of the hunts and am getting closer to being able to take on that guy.
  • You're flying Cinty.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Christ I had to leave the second hunt cos I got my arse handed to me but I'm going to stock up and now that I've levelled up a bit I'll give the Fecker another go..only dagger though so probably potions and more potions!
    Peter3C
  • It's a beginner's guide to gambits
    Peter3C
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Interesting - the official Final Fantasy twitter posted a video asking the TZA dev team if there were any plans to make any new Ivalice games. They gave a pretty generic response but it's interesting that Square Enix is willing to publicly entertain the thought.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    Interesting - the official Final Fantasy twitter posted a video asking the TZA dev team if there were any plans to make any new Ivalice games. They gave a pretty generic response but it's interesting that Square Enix is willing to publicly entertain the thought.

Thing is Ivalice needs Matsuno and he seems to have dropped of the face of the earth, dev wise. His output recently has been, FFXIV bits excepted, minor.
  • Second hunt went off without a hitch. Bought loads of gambits.potions restocked. Think I'll try for 2 more hunts before moving on with story. Are there side quests given by any of the multitudes around?
    Peter3C
  • @Cinty: I may be off loading more games. Need cash. And really should stop spending so much. So... I think you wanted first refusal on my PS1 FF games iirc?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'll take second
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    @Cinty: I may be off loading more games. Need cash. And really should stop spending so much. So... I think you wanted first refusal on my PS1 FF games iirc?

I may well have done but I'm in no position to send money or receive packages right now so I gotta pass, sorry bud.
    regmcfly wrote:
    I'll take second

Problem solved.
  • pc71 wrote:
    Second hunt went off without a hitch. Bought loads of gambits.potions restocked. Think I'll try for 2 more hunts before moving on with story. Are there side quests given by any of the multitudes around?

Yes, there are various quests dotted around a number of locations - no "!" style quest markers and no quest log, though, so you'll have to keep an eye out for something that might hint at a quest. Often there are item or mission requirements that need to me met before a sidequest becomes available.

Unfortunately, they can be a little obscure - the worst thing about ffxii was how it hid content behind things that players rarely had any way of discovering in-game.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I wonder how much I'm missing?
    Get schwifty.
  • Raiziel wrote:
    I wonder how much I'm missing?

If you're anything like me, a fair amount probably. It's such a generous game, content-wise, though, that it's hard to begrudge it its moments of idiosyncrasy. Still, some of the hidden stuff is pure RNG bullshit and not worth the hassle.

A case in point:
    Spoiler:
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I'm loving the game, but not that much.  I tend to jump through certain hoops for some of the bollocks FFX asks because it's one of my favourite games in the entire universe, but I can't be done with some of the stuff Square asks of its players sometimes.  Dodging two hundred lightning strikes is not fun for instance.
    Get schwifty.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!