Final Fantasy - General
  • It's good. Job systems in FF games are great.
  • Silke
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Silke Neryn
    PSN
    Silke_Neryn
    Steam
    Silke Neryn

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Silke wrote:
    EvilRedEye wrote:
    Loving the option for Japanese voices, Vaan's is sooo much better and given there's a large black area at the bottom for subtitles anyway it all looks natural and classy as fuck.
    Agreed. The Japanese voice track and reorchestrated soundtrack makes this a real audiophiliphic pleasure. I also think the game's somewhat "shakespearan" dialogue works better as pure text. So the Japanese voice acting rather adds to the poetry, than takes away.
    !!!  Didn't know they had Jap voices this time!! Rejoice!!!!!!
    Apologies for more posts, but I just wanted to pick up on that Shakespearean comment. It's one of the reasons why I love Vagrant Story so much, another Ivalice game by Matsuno (with OST by Sakimoto).

Same here. And Final Fantasy Tactics and Tactics Ogre and... Yeah, love the Matsuno/Sakimoto/Yoshida (Character Designer/Art Director) combo.
    It's a world of truck drivers.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Been playing not quite three hours and most of the key gameplay features have been enabled in some form, I've had the majority of the cast in my party, I've had to make irreversible decisions regarding character development, I've been able to explore open MMO-type areas (including getting immediately annihilated by ogres) and have been able to explore a dungeon (also pretty open and explorable as well). Going back to this, you can really see why fans shat the bed when Final Fantasy XIII was the very next mainline game after.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    I both love and hate the fast forward thing.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I forgot how Star Wars this one is.
  • Gonna end up buying the full remastered OST, aren't I? Assuming it exists; I haven't checked yet.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Just checked, it's one of the stupid Blu-ray soundtracks sadly.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Just checked, it's one of those stupid Blu-ray soundtracks double posts sadly.
  • In fact, the Squeenix online store also has it listed twice. Exact same Bluray version. How apt after your posts above.
  • Not all the tracks have been redone though, have they? Meh. Happy with my original OST boxset.
  • There's a trophy for beating Yiazmat lolololololookllllloooololol
  • Chapter 13 and 14 of FFXV are maybe some of the least enjoyable and worst designed pieces of videogame I have ever played in my entire life. They should never have released it in this state and I cannot even begin to understand how this even got a moderate pass anywhere. I've been up and down with it but these two really seal its fate. Absolutely atrocious game design. The combat system is not fit to deal with anything it's trying to do.
  • Man it just keeps on fucking going down the pan doesn't it! I wouldn't mind getting insta nuked in Insomnia if the load times weren't close to 5 minutes.
  • On the other hand, I am back in Rabanastre. How I missed you, dear friend.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Chapter 13 and 14 of FFXV are maybe some of the least enjoyable and worst designed pieces of videogame I have ever played in my entire life.

Pretty much. 'dat shift.

I'd argue the game manages to get some redemption at the end, though, but this is definitely the low-point of the game.
  • The last boss fight was a whole load of shit. But right in the last chapter the story hits a beat which makes sense regardless of the fact it never really comes together at any point before that. I think there is the kernel of an incredible game in here, it's just mismanged in so many ways, with a combat system that tries to be the crux of everything and fails spectacularly. Also they gave the villain a fucking fedora. Fuck that. A 6, at best.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    So back in 2006 (September to be precise) I was going through a very messy break up (were we broke up? I dunno maybe not) and life was incredibly chaotic due to the move from being an undergraduate studying Asian film to a post graduate learning about the four phase lesson for teaching whilst also moving into a flat on great western road. It was a turbulent time.

I had an Xbox 360 but didn't want to pay for live at the time because why would Im playing god of war 2 thanks. And I'm paying for a WOW subscription so see ya. And then the juggernaut of FFXII rolls round. I skipped X and X-2 first time round and because of the aforementioned MMORPG of all time, XI was fuck all to me. So then 12 comes about and fuckin hell, it's like a good WOW (shout out to my WOW gang) with music and all that.

In short, XII gave me direction at a point when my life was awfully messed up. I put about 80 odd hours into it and didn't clear it all. So fuck, I'll buy the shit out of this.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'm also Captain Basch from Dalmasca
  • I think I'm going to finish Prey and then pick this up. I don't think I ever finished it, in fact I'm not sure I really made it 50% through the story... I think I did the bit (spoilers just in case)
    Spoiler:
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Can't top Reg's story.

2006, bought ffxii, really enjoyed it.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • I bought it just as I moved in with my first serious girlfriend, which would have made me... 18 I think.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    MattyJ wrote:
    I think I'm going to finish Prey and then pick this up. I don't think I ever finished it, in fact I'm not sure I really made it 50% through the story... I think I did the bit (spoilers just in case)
    Spoiler:

You had a lot still to do sir
  • About the last third/quarter of the story
  • Jeez. Think I'll get this, especially with the changes in design. Will finish Prey off though!
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Silke
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Silke Neryn
    PSN
    Silke_Neryn
    Steam
    Silke Neryn

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    Chapter 13 and 14 of FFXV are maybe some of the least enjoyable and worst designed pieces of videogame I have ever played in my entire life. They should never have released it in this state and I cannot even begin to understand how this even got a moderate pass anywhere. I've been up and down with it but these two really seal its fate. Absolutely atrocious game design. The combat system is not fit to deal with anything it's trying to do.

This is were I stopped playing altogether back in December. It was, quite literally, like watching the game design fall apart completely in front of your eyes. Which was a bit saddening, really, as I quite enjoyed it for what it was before that. 

Is it worth persevering?
  • I am doing a massive review post if you fancy waiting
  • Silke
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Silke Neryn
    PSN
    Silke_Neryn
    Steam
    Silke Neryn

Send message
    That I can do. Cheers.
  • Didn't like the combat system at the time, and didn't like XIII's either.

Might try this when it appears on a PSN sale.
  • I am gonna cross post this here and in Just Completed. I write this for Cinty, my online buddy. I played this bastard game, and I blame you, you magnificent bastard.

I might rework this into some real thoughts later, but... Final Fantasy XV

A review for fans, not first timers!

That means there are spoilers, btw.
    Spoiler:
    So long, Final Fantasy.

[5]
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Hmm.. Certainly reads like you didn't try the fishing much then? Goes a long way to explaining the score..
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!