ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Took me bloody ages to find the completely non obvious not indicated click for more information graphic at the top of the bloody screen

I can't see any options in there that indicate process, but if you click the items it does give you a breakdown of what the app is doing, you'd need to compare to other apps to see if one of those things is working overdrive, and that could point to the underlying process
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Says 17 hours on the gps. Which isn't even on. Well it's got its permission revoked now so it has.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Do you have a kinda hardware button for GPS, or a global setting for the same. I wonder if the programs have permission for GPS so they keep trying to turn it on, but a conflict with a power saver or hardware manufacturer app creates a loop and that's why they guzzle the battery

???

Just hypothesising, check for either a third party power saver or one that comes with all the or installed crap on the phone
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Nah, there's no third party stuff like that. I've revoked a lot of permissions now so hopefully it'll make a difference. Strange it should start doing it suddenly, I haven't installed anything new I think.
  • cockbeard wrote:
    Hahaha, ask @AJ I reckon. I'll have a look and see if it's anywhere obvious, he might know off the top of his head

While I'm looking can you change a light bulb for me

Haven't seen them for a while. I kinda assumed they must be grouped in with thir respective app now, but they could just be hidden.
  • I'm sure somebody mentioned an app for uploading images before. Imgur is appalling (the app, not the hosting).

I want something where I can upload multiple images from my phone and get multiple direct link URL copied to clipboard or able to share in one touch.

When I posted 5 images on secret santa I was alternating between chrome to post a link in my message draft then back into imgur to copy the next. Shite.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • Photobucket uploading multiple is easy, but sharing is still one by one.
  • Same with Imgur and, I believe, everything I've ever seen. That's a pretty specific request you'll probably be hoping for some random with the same requirement to have made an app that uploads to existing services for.
  • Just noticed Tapet is on sale, if anyone wants the best wallpaper generator I've ever seen.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sharpregion.tapet
  • Just realised my keyboard holds 10 or so copies in memory so that's quite a good work around. Nice

Actually perfect.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    What memory?, can you set a smart button to macro [ img] and [ /img] as that would be easier
  • But there's a button to add that above the text box...
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I don';t think mine does that, might change keyboard again again, all the swipes fail eventually, I'm starting to think it's my fingers, I hardly type much better on here
  • 3 stripes next to the predicted word FULL

uBI2Pra.png
    BeGbABq.png
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Is it still a thing where we post our home screens here? It is? Good, here's mine.

BQ5MqmL.png
  • Is it possible to use Google Play Music without subscribing? I saw something about uploading your own music to stream but only see a subscribe button in the app.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Pretty sure that's part of the subscription.
  • Yeah was starting to think that. Obviously read wrong somewhere, got the impression it was like the photos app that gives you a free allocation.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Actually, just having a Google about and maybe it is free to do that. Not sure how either, though.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Hodge360 wrote:
    Yeah was starting to think that. Obviously read wrong somewhere, got the impression it was like the photos app that gives you a free allocation.

It's free, search for Google play music uploader, it's a dinky app that you point to your music collection on your pc, it will upload all your music (50k tracks) and then they'll be available through the app, and through any web browser by signing into Google. First upload will take forever, but you'll see things start showing after only a few minute
  • Cheers cocko,will have a look. Might have to start culling to get down to 50k though! :D
  • I'm due an upgrade in march. Been using a wee vodaphone own brand thing recently, as my lg g flex 2 shat itself completely in October.

Looking for opinions. I generally tend to get a fairly top whack phone and contract, as the mrs gets a discount with vodafone through working for the council, so it brings it down a bit.

So far, i quite like the look of the htc u ultra. Had a sensation then a one m7, liked them both. Went from the m7 to the lg and regretted it instantly (stupidly only chose it because it came with a free g watch, which i hardly use), the os was utter shite. But I'm also tempted to wait and see if they launch the htc11 next month.

Never been a huge fan of Samsung phones really. They look great and seem to have top specs and features, but they've just never appealed to me. But, I'm a sucker for a freebie (see above) and if they were to wave some vr toy at me i might go for it.

This new Nokia phone, yay or nay? Leaning towards nay myself. Had an early Nokia iPhone rival a few years back (forget the model), was alright, but a bit meh.

Any other suggestions? Her friend works for three and swears by honor (i think that's the brand), there's also brands like huwaei and the oneplus things. They worth a go? Saw there's a bigger badder sony on the way as well.

Not interested in an apple phone. Never have been. 

Cheers in advance, all input welcome.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I've got the S7 edge which came with a free vr thingy from carphone warehouse. It's a pretty great phone and I've never really liked Samsung before.
  • S7 Edge is probably the best phone on the market.

Honor is a Huawei brand, their budget range if I remember rightly. Some people hate the UI with a passion though.

OnePlus 3 is a pretty stunning phone also.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Go Sony. Best all round. Great sound. Less bloatware.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    But imo they haven't really done a flagship since the z5, the x thing was in many ways inferior

On the plus side that means hopefully it won't cost
  • Sony are likely to announce a new handset soon. I forget what the rumour was, but next month I believe it's supposed to be.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I'd take the z5 over the s7.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Kow wrote:
    I'd take the z5 over the s7.

Pretty certain I would too, still a little frustrated at no new shinies

But I hope what Dante says is right so I can have a new techy thing to lust after

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!