Work - The pros and the cons...
  • See, some positive outcomes after all.

Good luck.
  • Now it's getting weird:

Hi Scott,

After considering your CV and online interview I would like to offer you a customer service position with us in our Glasgow location. For a full job description please see this page - Description . We have recently won 2 very large contracts and Glasgow will be handling much of the new business. Therefore we do need staff quite urgently. The earliest possible start date for this position will be the 08th May 2017.

If you would like to accept the position please reply with your acceptance and earliest available date you can start. Here (Password is GLASGCONTRACT) is a basic contract copy for your reference of this position with the location. We will have a full paper contract with your name on it for you to sign on your induction day. Myself and Linda are arranging inductions days for all new employees as we speak and I will update you on a date for that soon. Linda will email you some instructions on what we need from you before you attend an induction with us.

Regards

Jason Birtwhistle, HR Director
    techzomo.com

And this a few minutes later:

Hi Scott,

Jason has asked me to send you over what we need from you so we can organise your induction day. Please see instructions below:

--

IMPORTANT – START THE BELOW STEPS BY THE 01/05/17 IN ORDER FOR US TO CONFIRM YOUR INDUCTION WITH US NEXT WEEK.

1. Please read through the contract copy. You will have a full version to sign on your induction day.

2. Please prepare the name and address of a referee for us to verify you and email me with it.

3. In order for you to attend the induction day we do need you to produce a background check. This is mandatory for you to be able to work with for us. If you have a current background check dated within the last 30 days then please forward to me. If you do not then you can contact this company for a new one - www.uk-dbs.com . You will need to apply for a Basic Disclosure. When you make request please quote "TECHZDBSZ" and they will only charge you the cost of the disclosure. The admin fee they bill to us.

4. Enter your National Insurance number using this link so we can setup PAYE with human resources - Ni Upload

--

Myself and Jason are working on induction days as we speak and will update you shortly. You will be advised your start date during your induction day, we expect your induction to be around the 06th or 07th May. If you have any notice period to give your current employer please give notice after your induction day, as this is when we will have a confirmed start date for you.

Thanks

Linda Robertson, HR Associate
    techzomo.com

I haven't even had an interview, just did an online application. There's a link in one of them that opens a contract, which says it's for 4 years. Just seems too easy, or am i being too cynical? Have to pay myself for a background check, and it's a weekly wage as well.

• Chancers. I'd back aff.
  • Here's the contract:

hHbb747.jpg

Think it looks like id have to pay my own taxes, so fuck that noise.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    It looks like the background check will be paid for by the company, and they do mention PAYE, so you shouldn't have to pay your own taxes, but a job offer with no interview and a one page contract does seem off to me.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    It looks like the background check will be paid for by the company, and they do mention PAYE, so you shouldn't have to pay your own taxes, but a job offer with no interview and a one page contract does seem off to me.

They'll pay dbs check admin costs, still 20 odd quid to me. Dunno, spider senses are tingling on this one. Think I'll patch it.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I can't even find a website for Techzomo.
  • Aye. Bargepole out i think. That's the last​ time i apply for stuff on indeed.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Why do they need a background check? I thought that was only if you are working with children or vulnerable adults?
  • Some companies do these days. A basic disclosure just shows if you've any unspent convictions. The drug and alcohol test seems a bit extreme as well. Mibbe it's a call centre for MI5.
  • Yossarian wrote:

Move the z to the end.

Tec Homoz

Code = broken.
  • Seems legit. No address, no companies house listing, no web prescence, and no LinkedIn profiles for the staff mentioned.

Also no paid leave. But who wants a holiday anyway.
  • HawBawJaws wrote:
    Some companies do these days. A basic disclosure just shows if you've any unspent convictions. The drug and alcohol test seems a bit extreme as well. Mibbe it's a call centre for MI5.

lol I had a terrorist background check.

But I've never done a drug test
    Wind Waker is a bad game
  • Seems legit. No address, no companies house listing, no web prescence, and no LinkedIn profiles for the staff mentioned.

Also no paid leave. But who wants a holiday anyway.

Hence my spider senses going daft. Look at the address on Street view, it's a shonky wee industrial estate in thornliebank. Google techzomo Glasgow, and you'll get a residential address in thornliebank. Suspect it's a scam to diddle folk out of the background check money, even that website seemed off.

Thanks for confirming what i thought guys. Sometimes I'm too cynical/paranoid, wanted to make sure it wasn't just me.

Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get me..........
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    From gov.uk

https://www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check/overview
    Who can ask for a DBS check
    Only employers and licensing bodies can request a DBS check. Job applicants can’t do a criminal records check on themselves. Instead, they can request a basic disclosure from Disclosure Scotland (you don’t have to be from Scotland to do this).

Use the DBS tool to find out if you can check someone’s criminal record. You can contact DBS if you’re not sure.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    And you apply via this website:

https://pvg.disclosurescotland.co.uk/dspvgwebui/faces/jsp/ap/personalDetails.jsp

So yeah, I'd say steer well clear.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    If that is a scam, I feel sorry for the poor bastards desperate enough to go for it.
  • HawBawJaws wrote:
    Now it's getting weird: Hi Scott, After considering your CV and online interview I would like to offer you a customer service position with us in our Glasgow location. For a full job description please see this page - Description . We have recently won 2 very large contracts and Glasgow will be handling much of the new business. Therefore we do need staff quite urgently. The earliest possible start date for this position will be the 08th May 2017. If you would like to accept the position please reply with your acceptance and earliest available date you can start. Here (Password is GLASGCONTRACT) is a basic contract copy for your reference of this position with the location. We will have a full paper contract with your name on it for you to sign on your induction day. Myself and Linda are arranging inductions days for all new employees as we speak and I will update you on a date for that soon. Linda will email you some instructions on what we need from you before you attend an induction with us. Regards Jason Birtwhistle, HR Director techzomo.com And this a few minutes later: Hi Scott, Jason has asked me to send you over what we need from you so we can organise your induction day. Please see instructions below: -- IMPORTANT – START THE BELOW STEPS BY THE 01/05/17 IN ORDER FOR US TO CONFIRM YOUR INDUCTION WITH US NEXT WEEK. 1. Please read through the contract copy. You will have a full version to sign on your induction day. 2. Please prepare the name and address of a referee for us to verify you and email me with it. 3. In order for you to attend the induction day we do need you to produce a background check. This is mandatory for you to be able to work with for us. If you have a current background check dated within the last 30 days then please forward to me. If you do not then you can contact this company for a new one - www.uk-dbs.com . You will need to apply for a Basic Disclosure. When you make request please quote "TECHZDBSZ" and they will only charge you the cost of the disclosure. The admin fee they bill to us. 4. Enter your National Insurance number using this link so we can setup PAYE with human resources - Ni Upload -- Myself and Jason are working on induction days as we speak and will update you shortly. You will be advised your start date during your induction day, we expect your induction to be around the 06th or 07th May. If you have any notice period to give your current employer please give notice after your induction day, as this is when we will have a confirmed start date for you. Thanks Linda Robertson, HR Associate techzomo.com I haven't even had an interview, just did an online application. There's a link in one of them that opens a contract, which says it's for 4 years. Just seems too easy, or am i being too cynical? Have to pay myself for a background check, and it's a weekly wage as well.
    This mob don't seem to exist at Companies House.
    Their website gives their Head Office address as being Foinaven Drive, Glasgow, G46 8JR.
    That's actually a residential street in a housing scheme...
    Screen%20Shot%202017-04-26%20at%2013.41.14_zpsg0eaqmb5.png

A "whois" search of their dodgy looking website reveals this... https://www.whois.com/whois/techzomo.com
    which also sounds well dodgy to me.

I would think twice about even giving these fuckers my email address let alone any other personal information.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Whole thing looks like a phishing scam to me.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I would trust any company exec who uses the [email protected] tbh
  • Quite.
  • Fuck it. Go down the rabbit hole. Take the red pill.
  • My alarm bells went off at "Birtwhistle".
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Birt Whistle is just one of the CEOs I believe
  • Yossarian wrote:

http://techzomo.com

That wasn’t hard to find, Yoss.
  • Ah, here we go...
    http://www.ukcompanygo.com/Techzo-Limited-10702355/#.WQCdDBQT5IA
    Company has existed for three weeks and is registered by a bunch of dudes with Indian addresses.
  • Ah, getting on dat sweet sweet Nintendo Switch Screen Protector sector. Smart dudes.
  • You guys are a bunch of bloodhounds, cheers!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!