Work - The pros and the cons...
  • Yoss, I just pm'd you what the numbers are about.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Tempy wrote:
    Incredible scenes today where I grab my phone at 12 only to see i've stuck it on aeroplane mode and on turning that off I get a deluge of messages asking where I am. This aeroplane toggle seems to have occurred during the night or early morning, given this recurring twinge in my leg had me unable to sleep between 2-5am. Luckily my boss is really reasonable and was more worried i'd had an accident because i've been so reliable before now. Still, frustrating as hell. As soon as exams are done I am off to the doctors in the vain hope this shit can be sorted.
    Maybe try the Genius Bar first...

Come with g if you want to live...
  • :D
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Take Reg, he'll know what to do.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Not a chance
  • mk64 wrote:
    fucking awesome day at work today. The culmination of 4 years of work ended up with a yes.
    Deal brokered with Del Monte?
  • mk64 wrote:
    fucking awesome day at work today. The culmination of 4 years of work ended up with a yes.

Give that man a can of coke
    SFV - reddave360
  • My planned ‘new job’ company are still dicking around. They’re reaching the end of a high stress four-year project in the Middle East and basically don’t have time to talk to me and finalise my deal. They’re under the impression I’ll still be ready and willing to pick the discussion up when they have the free time … in about another three or four months.

Now, I think this is a fuck up on their part by advertising the position in the first place. Why advertise if you know you’re about to be too busy to follow it through? And if you didn’t know … then that’s poor planning.

Still, they haven’t talked to anyone else. They still want me to work for them. Just not yet.

So I’ve been applying elsewhere. A headhunter contacted me about working for another Scottish studio, but they didn’t offer enough money. I got knocked back for a couple of pie-in-the-sky positions in New York, which is fair enough. They were worth a punt. Got another knockback today from a rival studio – they advertised for a ‘middleweight’ and I’d applied anyway saying “If you fancy trying someone more senior, I’d love to come in for a chat.” No dice, but again, fair enough. 

I’m gonna put myself forward for the new role as Art Director of the Big Issue too. Just need to find a copy of this week’s mag so I can reference it in my covering email. Ridiculously, I haven’t seen a single Big Issue seller all week. It’s like they’re avoiding me.
  • mk64 wrote:

Whatever it may be, congrats mk. A long term plan coming together is always massively satisfying.
  • fucking awesome day at work today. The culmination of 4 years of work ended up with a yes.
    Hahaha. Good work.

Edit: And to MK too.
  • poprock wrote:
    Got another knockback today from a rival studio – they advertised for a ‘middleweight’ and I’d applied anyway saying “If you fancy trying someone more senior, I’d love to come in for a chat.” No dice, but again, fair enough.
    Tell them that you're overweight and if they don't give you the job you want you'll report them for not being an equal opportunities employer.
  • Interview at midday. Positive vibes, folks.
  • You’ve got this, Gav.

zldhbmay588e8078d638e148732728.gif
  • Fingers and toes crossed Gav.
  • Good luck mate!
  • Pure hunners of positive vibes, Gav.
  • Cheers guys.

Not really sure after that. Usually you get a vibe with people, whether someone likes you or not. Didn't really get that from her, she didn't give much away.

Said that the object of the interview was just to see if I had enough of a backbone and a bit of bite and passion in me to take it on. They've had two people move back down to sales assistant as they couldn't hack it. I'm definitely sure I put across that I can handle it, so there's not much more I can do or say. Still, no vibe so I'm walking away unsure and pretty self-deprecating about it. Probably overthinking it.

Should find out either Friday or Monday. Thanks again, lads.
  • That's a bit of an odd thing to say. But you've already done this at HMV, so you should be fine.
  • More importantly, did you bite her backbone?
  • Fingers crossed gav. If you did bite her maybe get yourself checked out this aft.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • poprock wrote:
    Just need to find a copy of this week’s mag so I can reference it in my covering email.

Finally found a copy of this week’s Big Issue. Can’t believe it took me nearly a week.

It has good and bad points, I think. I could definitely make improvements. Easy for me to say without knowing their constraints, I suppose.

Also put in for a job this morning with one of our main local competitors. What could possibly go wrong, eh?
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    Incredible scenes today where I grab my phone at 12 only to see i've stuck it on aeroplane mode and on turning that off I get a deluge of messages asking where I am. This aeroplane toggle seems to have occurred during the night or early morning, given this recurring twinge in my leg had me unable to sleep between 2-5am. Luckily my boss is really reasonable and was more worried i'd had an accident because i've been so reliable before now. Still, frustrating as hell. As soon as exams are done I am off to the doctors in the vain hope this shit can be sorted.
    Temps did you ever get my PM about dis
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Gosh I think I did and filed it to return to later and then forget. Kaz has just suggested Yoga.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    And what does Skerret prescribe? The foam roller? Always the foam roller with him.

I used to take my bike to a garage that had a college kid doing his training there. I never once saw him without an oil can in his hand; the lad was obsessed. ‘Bit of oil on that?

Yeah, son, go ahead. It's not a well-lubed chain if you can see the links, is it. Bit on the tyres while you're there; y'know, to extend their life.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Skerret prescribed the care and know-how of a beautiful womahn.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I've got a training course so as to potentially work as an email advisor for Dunhelm from the 5th to 9th of June and its gonna be all wanky AYO BEST BUDS isn't it what has become of my life.

"Hello my name is John but my friends call me Splatoon because I shoot my muck fuckin everywhere LOLOL (general LOL in my face with spittle creaming my skin) and I have several kids and two of them aren't even my skin colour I took this job because I need cash to feed my smack addiction and to make sure my new two year old called Wayne has sick Nike kicks blud how are you"

"I'm Chris hello I lost my knees to unforeseen circumstances and I need new ones made of Titanium so I can fucking knee cunts like you in the mini-spuds you can call me John too because confusion you racist fuck much bless"

I think I'll get the job. I may or may not be a little 420.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!