Work - The pros and the cons...
  • And we're done.

Is it right to feel annoyed and a bit angry at the fact there wasn't a whipround for me, or even a card? It's been an incredibly busy week for the branch with our yearly stock count happening but still, a card would've been nice after all that time working there. We're organizing a night out soon and that's cool and all but nothing on my final day? I dunno.... I've organized and chipped in for plenty of other people leaving..

Hmph.

Anyway, to the future!
  • Yeah that's a pisser. I guess they couldn't think of anything momentous enough.

Onwards and upwards!
  • And we're done. Is it right to feel annoyed and a bit angry at the fact there wasn't a whipround for me, or even a card? It's been an incredibly busy week for the branch with our yearly stock count happening but still, a card would've been nice after all that time working there. We're organizing a night out soon and that's cool and all but nothing on my final day? I dunno.... I've organized and chipped in for plenty of other people leaving.. Hmph. Anyway, to the future!

I'd been with the last place for 12 years.  Got absolutely fuck all.  Place went bust six months after I left.
  • Pretty pissed at my boss right now. I'm at a barbershop, and something between a receptionist and a manager. Since February I have been working some insane hours. Minimum 50 per week. Maximum 80. Usually I'm something in between. I'm putting in around 5 hours unpaid overtime each week due to it often being too busy to take my lunch break, and the fact I don't get paid when the barbers run late, which is basically every day.

Anyway, last week I made a mistake when taking cash from a customer. I charged them for a cheaper service than they actually had. My boss joked that this would come out of my wages. Well, I thought he was joking at the time, but I now realize he wasn't. It's only 14 euros but it's really upset me.

I want to confront him about this, but I'm a bit concerned it might jeopardize my job which, for all the problems it brings, is still much more tolerable than anything else I have done in years.
  • Sorry to jump in on Gavs post
  • That's a rough situation dude.
  • And we're done.

Is it right to feel annoyed and a bit angry at the fact there wasn't a whipround for me, or even a card? It's been an incredibly busy week for the branch with our yearly stock count happening but still, a card would've been nice after all that time working there. We're organizing a night out soon and that's cool and all but nothing on my final day? I dunno.... I've organized and chipped in for plenty of other people leaving..

Hmph.

Anyway, to the future!

If it's something that's been done for other people, yes. Bit shitty of them

They'll be in administration soon Gav now you're a cex worker.
  • I would feel a bit shitty if other workers had had a goodbye and I didn't.
  • PURE CEX GAV
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Sorry to jump in on Gavs post

I'm sure he won't mind.

If it were me I'd have it out with him, asking when all the unpaid hours will be paid. If you aren't willing to he'll keep taking the piss.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Yo Code fairly obvious what to do, just strip naked, wedge ya cock between your legs, approach boss man and keep saying "it puts the lotion in the basket" while wearing a shit eating grin. You'll get paid and then some.
  • And we're done. Is it right to feel annoyed and a bit angry at the fact there wasn't a whipround for me, or even a card? It's been an incredibly busy week for the branch with our yearly stock count happening but still, a card would've been nice after all that time working there. We're organizing a night out soon and that's cool and all but nothing on my final day? I dunno.... I've organized and chipped in for plenty of other people leaving.. Hmph. Anyway, to the future!

Motherfuckers!
    Pretty pissed at my boss right now. I'm at a barbershop, and something between a receptionist and a manager. Since February I have been working some insane hours. Minimum 50 per week. Maximum 80. Usually I'm something in between. I'm putting in around 5 hours unpaid overtime each week due to it often being too busy to take my lunch break, and the fact I don't get paid when the barbers run late, which is basically every day. Anyway, last week I made a mistake when taking cash from a customer. I charged them for a cheaper service than they actually had. My boss joked that this would come out of my wages. Well, I thought he was joking at the time, but I now realize he wasn't. It's only 14 euros but it's really upset me. I want to confront him about this, but I'm a bit concerned it might jeopardize my job which, for all the problems it brings, is still much more tolerable than anything else I have done in years.

Motherfucker!
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • That's good advice actually, fuck his mum.

You might need to get a white shirt again.
  • Well thats that. 

8 years at the company and today was my last.

I was dreading a cringe-fest goodbye speech but it was actually alright, mostly helped by getting a bit tipsy at lunch time. I wasn't quite as unlucky as Gav... I got a card, a £30 Game voucher and some booze, so pretty happy with all that. 

Monday will feel odd. Off to my new job for a start-up company, really excited.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    @code that is shit. If you don't raise it now the moment will pass and he'll assume he can just get away with it. Calmly raise it with him. If he doesn't think you're worth it, no problem, there are other jobs you can go for and get with your experience so buh-bye.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Cheers folks.

First day as a cex worker today. Let's do this shit.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Go smash it fam.

I've got primary school level course HYPE
  • Good luck Gav!
  • Genuine rollercoaster of emotions catching up on this thread today.

Please accept my yays where appropriate and boos where not, guys.
  • poprock wrote:
    Had an interview at lunchtime. Interesting company, good chat. They have five people on their shortlist and I was first up. Not a dream job, just a competitor of ours. I’m in the mood where I really want out of my current place. At least this one’s in Glasgow, so there’s no commute. Inflated my current salary by £10k when speaking to them and not an eyelid was batted, so either they have decent money to splash my way, or they’re good poker players.

Fucked it. Got a friendly email from them this morning about how my work was the best they saw, and on a personality level I’d be an asset to the team, but they need someone who already does their usual kind of work … not someone to bring anything new to the table. So it’s a big fat no.

Fucked the Big Issue job too, didn’t get interviewed for that one.

So that’s me on the lookout again. Something’ll come along. 

In the meantime I’m the only fucking person in my department at work. Between sick leave, paternity leave, and part-time working, I am literally the only graphic designer left in the studio. What joy.
  • There's a graphic design job going at CPFC.
    http://www.cpfc.co.uk/club/vacancies/

I have no idea whether it would be of interest, but recalled getting a notification about it the other day.
  • Thanks for the suggestion (really appreciated) but I’m in Glasgow and I intend to stay living up here.
  • Bad luck there, sir.  Hope you find something else soon.
  • First world problems and all that. I’m in a secure job at one of the best design consultancies in the UK. I’m just done with it and want to move on.
  • Looks like I just picked up a short contract job in August, if I can clear it. Doing Q&A on a small game developed by two guys.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Nice one temps!
  • It means a month and a half of 7 day work weeks but it's too good to turn down
  • Cool!
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Good on you, hard work for a short while but I'd imagine a decent cv boost, it's taken me until now to realise how important they are
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Questions and answers?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!