Work - The pros and the cons...
  • davyK wrote:
    Joined LinkedIn recently, only so I can view others’ profiles. Saw list of potential connections, most from my uni. Looked at their job titles. Depressing.
    Job titles are horse shit in the mane.

People lying about their role on a Twitter/Facebook profile can be amusing though.

Chuck the sickie DS, everyone needs a few extra days on top of their allowance per year.
  • There's this guy I know, bit of a fanny. He had "Record Store Employee" in his twitter bio. He worked in That's Entertainment selling second-hand Boyzone CD's.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Tempy is in my work today. What is this hell.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Tempy is in my work today. What is this hell.

You were raised by the darkness Reg, but Tempy was born in it.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • He's decided to go back to school to get those free school dinners.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Used to work with my new line manager as a peer at my old job. Accidentally caused controversy at new work drinks by telling people he voted Leave. Oh well.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Haha Oh well, surely it's not THAT big a deal, is it? I know people who voted leave, and although I disagree it doesn't stop me liking them.

edit: Unless he was the one who was pissed off as he realised it might make him unpopular?
  • People who voted leave should probably just admit it's a terrible idea now, and I'd have more respect for them.
  • Yeah, but I reckon a lot of them still think it's a good one.
  • Yeah I got nothing for that.  Every piece of news I can find tells me things like it'll cost the economy £20B over the first 2 years or something, which is something like 300% of what we paid into the EU; on top of losing freedom of movement and the right to work in other nations.

Seeing Euros for sale for £1.05 per Euro really made me feel like we've "taken our country back."

I'm off to the Brexit thread to avoid derailing.
  • I'm not; I just pretend it's not happening and that'll make it seem all too real.
  • Any amount of suffering is a price worth paying for sovereignty.
  • Stupid idiot me fucked up dealing with a customer twice today, somehow gave them a tenner extra in change whilst trying to give them back an awkward amount as well as another simple cock-up.

Simple stuff that I alerted my manager to but I am annoyed myself and can’t be bothered with th headache tomorrow.
  • Honestly Temps, fuck it. It's the till. Sometimes you fuck upp, its mind numbing on there. Don't worry about it.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Tempy I gave a customer an 800 quid sofa for free about three weeks back, and gave another customer a 60 quid order free a few months back, you alerted ya manager, that's the main thing. It happens lad don't beat yaself up about it.
  • Ach I know mistakes get made, it's just the process of being chewed out over it
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    If he's chewing you out give him a slap, my boss just laughs and gets it sorted
  • Seconded.
  • JonB wrote:
    Yas. Got me a book contract.  Also got a couple of good endorsements already, including a really enthusiastic one from Slavoj Zizek.

Catching up. 

Well done. Really happy for you
  • Just got this email at work:
    All,

There is an opportunity for a colleague to join the Fun Team. We are looking for someone to help create and organise new fun events and projects. You will be given offline project time to complete this work. If you are interested in applying for the role please reply with a 100-word description of why we should choose you. To apply you will need the following:

• Enthusiasm and drive
    • Good time management skills
    • Good organisational skills
    • Good communication skills
    • Ability to liaise and work with the management team and above
    • Good performance statistics

Please note the closing date for your entry is midnight Wednesday 6th June.

I would quite like to spend as much time off the phone as possible. I want to send something a little bit different to try and catch their attention. Please help me with my homework so I can steal your 100 word descriptions for myself.
  • Oh god, the dreaded organised fun. Laughter is scheduled 11-3, followed by a brief interlude of merriment before rounding off the day with Q&A banter.
  • Good stuff Live, keep it coming.

I'm also trying to work in that quote from Monica in Friends about Rules help control the fun.
  • F ull of cheer
    U nbelieveable excitement
    N ew levels of team bonding

T otal body commitment
    E xcellent events
    A mazing days of joy
    M arvelous moments
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • This is not for you, Dante.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Send your application in comic sans.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    MattyJ wrote:
    F ull of cheer
    U nbelieveable excitement
    N ew levels of team bonding

T otal body commitment
    E xcellent events
    A mazing days of joy
    M arvelous moments

• I've decided my application will be a poster.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Send your application in comic sans.

With a smiley at the end. :D
  • Just got this email at work:
    All,

There is an opportunity for a colleague to join the Fun Team. We are looking for someone to help create and organise new fun events and projects. You will be given offline project time to complete this work. If you are interested in applying for the role please reply with a 100-word description of why we should choose you. To apply you will need the following:

• Enthusiasm and drive
    • Good time management skills
    • Good organisational skills
    • Good communication skills
    • Ability to liaise and work with the management team and above
    • Good performance statistics

Please note the closing date for your entry is midnight Wednesday 6th June.

I would quite like to spend as much time off the phone as possible. I want to send something a little bit different to try and catch their attention. Please help me with my homework so I can steal your 100 word descriptions for myself.

You have until 6th June 2018 to run an impromptu event with colleagues - make it inclusive. Your application will be the endorsements from those that attended.
  • Was on a 6 month contract at work which was ending on the 22nd. Got told I'm getting a 6 month extension to my contract at the hospital today. Wasn't worried at all that it wouldn't happen, but still happy about it.

Bossing this shit tbh. So glad to be out of retail, this job is honestly a holiday in comparison. Dunno how people can complain here, but they do. Maybe it's all they know, maybe they're just cunts. I prefer to keep my own counsel and just get on with it.

Anyway, happy. Cheers.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!