Work - The pros and the cons...
  • Unlikely wrote:
    DS, what are the dimensions of the packaging this parasol comes in?  My wife's off to pick it up this afternoon but we're not sure whether it'll fit in the car.  You have 10 minutes to resolve my query to my satisfaction.

Too good for a standardised, centrally supported parasol now?
  • Our table doesn't have a hole in it.

ILx5X8n.jpg
  • Too good for a drill. I see how it is.
  • DS you're fired.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    You can get one of those ones on a stand that have a long arm - you need special weights on the base to counteract the leverage but they are usually available from the retailer. You can also use paving stones (that's what we do - ours is on a patio and we use spare pavers so it all matches.

The one we got wasn't that expensive - got it from a discount shop (B&M I think). The build quality seems OK.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • That's what we're getting - see link above.  And yar, we're getting the special (i.e. expensive) weights to secure it.
  • Yes but will it fit in his car?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Unlikely wrote:
    That's what we're getting - see link above.  And yar, we're getting the special (i.e. expensive) weights to secure it.

Ah - right - hadn't seen that.

Seems having 4 spare pavers has been a good result for me then. Ours fit between the four legs just right.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • The Pack Size is clearly stated in the description:

Screen_Shot_2018-06-08_at_14.38.35.png?dl=1
  • Yes, I thought that was particularly helpful.  Another black mark against DS.
  • I never heard of Dunelm before. Sounds like summat out of elder Scrolls
  • Hey wait, I need a lawyer to sue DS.  I retract that remark.
  • I'll do it later
    Spoiler:
  • Does anyone else get massively stressed out by work, outside of work? I kind of refuse to work in a certain way because I think it's bullshit but if I'm found out not to be found certain bullshit I'll get ticked off.

Education is fucked. If I can get through the next 7 weeks without being found out as a massive fraud, we're in dreamland.

Year 6 framework tick sheets can fuck off.

• Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    lol get fucked unlikely
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    serious though I've had about 15 returns on that parasol how is it

ALSO DID YOU BUY THE PARASOL WEIGHT SEPARATELY
  • Yeah, quite normal to get stressed about work while you're not there. So long as it's about something that's happening at the time, and not constant, it's nothing to worry about; just shows you give a shit.
  • I used to, but I learned to let it go. Some things are fucking stupid and there are always ways we could do more useful things if whatever bureaucratic hurdle in our way was removed.

Young Rouj would rage impotently at the stupidity, older Rouj learned the hard way that you have to pick your battles, so much wasted time thinking about work or some other bullshit when I could have been concentrating on more important things in life.

These days I just make a note of things I would change, I run it up the flagpole if I think anyone is going to listen otherwise I just do the stupid stuff and keep it in the back of my mind should I ever get in the position to make the change myself.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Does anyone else get massively stressed out by work, outside of work? I kind of refuse to work in a certain way because I think it's bullshit but if I'm found out not to be found certain bullshit I'll get ticked off. Education is fucked. If I can get through the next 7 weeks without being found out as a massive fraud, we're in dreamland. Year 6 framework tick sheets can fuck off.

I used to get stressed outside of work, but you just gotta do what you can do and if it all sets on fire then you've done ya best. Just nod, smile, agree and develop a crippling alcohol dependency.
  • Does anyone else get massively stressed out by work, outside of work? I kind of refuse to work in a certain way because I think it's bullshit but if I'm found out not to be found certain bullshit I'll get ticked off.

Education is fucked. If I can get through the next 7 weeks without being found out as a massive fraud, we're in dreamland.

I feel your pain. I have been getting really stressed out at work this week. Started a new job now I have moved down to Devon and it was brilliant up until this week. I took over a Year Two class and had four weeks teaching them before their SATs. Actually doing them was fine but their results were incredibly poor. SLT have made it clear that it wasn’t my fault but bloody hell it has got me stressed out.

Education is an absolute joke at the moment. So much bullshit surrounding the job.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • It's the 'At the end of the day, what's the absolute worst that can happen?' approach that is all that keeps me from having a full on neurotic breakdown at times. Will they physically hurt me? Will they steal away my child? No... so if I got fired for gross incapability, it wouldn't really be the end of the world.

Try not to stress over that Aaron. You're always going to feel bad but 4 weeks it not enough time to do anything.

Mega rant...

Spoiler:
  • Could easily slide into Mental Health thread at this point so I think I may skip out there.

Residential trip tomorrow. Woop. Should probably go pack.

I used to. Stopped when i became a dad. I honestly don't give as much of a fuck about work. End of the day, i get paid the same money whether i stress myself out or not, Cullen made me realise there's more important things. Aye, i get angry and frustrated when I'm in work (especially this week, been arguing with my retail department who spent 3 days telling me I was wrong about something, then issued a company wide memo after they realised i was right, but pretended nobody had told them about the issue......) and i have a wee vent when i see my gf or friends, but other than that, fuckit. Fuckit right in the ear. Not worth it, you get no thanks for it.
  • I stopped giving a shit when I stopped being a manager.
  • On an unrelated note: stevie gerrard in my work tonight seeing Jurassic world. His security team asked us to sneak him in and out the back doors. Shitebag.
  • Tiger that rant is absolutely spot on!

It is a real shame but for me, I still manage to enjoy teaching during the actual day to day lessons. I try to just ignore as much of the bullshit as I can and as you said, what’s the worse that can happen?!
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • HawBawJaws wrote:
    On an unrelated note: stevie gerrard in my work tonight seeing Jurassic world. His security team asked us to sneak him in and out the back doors. Shitebag.

Afraid he would slip obviously.
  • First day today. Waiting in reception presently. Here’s hoping for a good atmosphere from the start.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!