The X Files Love-in
  • Yes it was that. We watched redux 1 and 2 lat night and frohikes back story which is amazeballs. Love the back story ones. Also a big player was taken out during all this.

Awesome just awesome
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    crap.......im gonna have to see if i can get these somewere.
    were the best thing on telly for some time, only remember little parts......just read all the thread including spoilers and theres a fair chunk i dont recall.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    mk64 wrote:
    Yes it was that. We watched redux 1 and 2 lat night and frohikes back story which is amazeballs. Love the back story ones. Also a big player was taken out during all this.

Awesome just awesome

Season 5's Patient X / Red and Black 2 parter is one of my favourites.
  • I'm hoping that Santa has got me the box set for Xmas, hugely excited to watch all the shows I remember as a scared kid, couldn't help but watch though. Pretty certain I haven't seen them all, just the early episodes before it moved to Sky.
  • What I've been thinking and realising in the last few days is how much other shows has taken from the XFiles. 24 has practically raped it.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • watched post modern prometheus last night. I was drunk but didn't really like it. I didn't know what it was properly based on and presumed it was kind of a comedy ep but i didn't really get it. Watchable at best.

The one before with the moth men was pretty scary so i couldn't actually watch much of it. The mrs said it was one of the most scary things she's ever watched.
  • MK you should hit the episode, Christmas Carol at the perfect time.
    I get what you're saying about post modern prometheus. First time round I thought it was a little gimmicky but I do like it now. Just take it as a one off bit of fun.
    PSN: Shinji-_-Ikari
    Twitter: @YouDidItAll4Me
  • yes!! its the next episode! lol couldn't believe it when we sat here last night thinking thats such a coincidence. We need to stagger the watching now to make it last till we get back to london. Its so addictive though. Just one.. more.. episode..
  • Holy shit. It's not Melissa's!!
  • Postmodern is o e if the best episodes ever. Watch it again but not drunk.
  • Watched the double bill in season 6 last night. The Morris fletcher episode.

Lots of situations where I was screaming why doesn't he prove it or her ask this but I loved it overall. Comedy double bill.

Some great eps I've not mentioned but really loving it.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    I liked the one that had the big alien and was sort of like Ghostbusters.
  • Really enjoyed season 6.

How the ghosts stole christmas was fun.
    S.R. 819 was mental
    Two fathers and One son were cool as fuck. Turning things on its head.

I'm not sure how after Biogenesis that Scully can then be sooo skeptical into season 7.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Yeah, two fathers / one son is amazing
  • Also the nye kiss between mulder and scully!!!
  • Loved the episode last night about the luck guy cause and effect. Proper lol moments
  • I've had the box-set since Xmas, slowly working my way through them all with the fiancee. About half way through season 2 at the moment but I still remember some episodes from my youth. I like watching them in order though rather than catching them on tv every now and then in the late 90's.
  • That's what we are doing. About 3-4 eps a night but recently been slack.
  • What's signs and wonders last night but thought it was pretty shit.
  • watched surekill and salvage last night which were both good eps 7/10

then watched - 
    Badlaa - which was a load of shit. 
  • Its all over!! 

Its been emotional
  • I left it at season 7 I think. Gotta watch the last 3 seasons at some point, just fr completion sake.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Will definitely miss it. I liked the ending but had it been at the time might have given it a Lost critique
  • All 68.2 gig downloaded (I left the 3 gig or so of extras). My watch through begins tonight.
    stupid edit!
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    I started watching this again from the pilot episode last night. I was surprised at how dated it felt, even taking on board the fact that it's twenty years old.

Looking forward to 'Deep Throat' tonight :)
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Season one definitely feels like its in another time. From 3 onwards it's much more manageable.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    I'm trying to work out where I got up to when I stopped watching. I guess it would have been sometime during season eight - so it will be nice to hopefully reach the end, finally.
  • its so good.
  • For the last month or so we've been trying to watch Breaking Bad. After about 8 episodes, it's still not doing much for me. My wife wants to watch more, but as she pointed out, I had the same reaction to the likes of Mad Men and Homeland. They just didn't grab me and I just don't care about the characters.* 

So she suggested going back to Season one of the X Files. So tempted! We fizzled out about half way through Season 7 (that episode with Tea Leoni and Garry Shandling was a major shark jump) but to see Tooms, etc again would be worth it. 

Duchovny and Anderson STILL look great these days, great pic in the AMA. She so fine.

* Former board member Bugul/Muggins/ChattinwithChet suggested he might start writing a series of articles about all the shows that are better than Breaking Bad. Sounds good to me!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!