The X Files Love-in
  • Season 2 is an absolute belter. The Colony/End Game double a few before that is brilliant.
    PSN: Shinji-_-Ikari
    Twitter: @YouDidItAll4Me
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Miracle Man watched tonight. I like that it's kind of not an x file. Trying to get s1 done ASAP as season 2 is indeed brill.
  • We skipped 'Fearful Symmetry' as soon as the elephant abuse footage appeared. I don't think it's one of the stronger ones anyway. 

Suppose I'd better order Season three soon...
  • Me and wife both keen to do another run through of this. We were both massive fans when younger and never really got to watch too many episodes together, the odd repeat maybe.

I think I'll get her the box set. How romantic.
  • so picked up the box set for 50, upto about episode 7. I'd forgotten how scary some of this is!

Toombs freaked me out, thats also percy wetmore from The Green Mile!

Just watched the ghost in space one that was quite freaky.

I am really enjoying it, my wife and i put our little one to bed and then watch 2/3 episodes on the big screen. Its pretty cool, its annoying though that scully is always last to the scene and misses the important stuff. Like the episode where that was that guy graves who wasn't quite dead (in the photo) and was attacking the two guys, killing one guy (holding him off the floor) when mulder walks in.. but then drops a second before scully. Its infuriating. Not least as she's seen quite a bit of sus shit so far (the women who was found in the forest, the ice bugs and the lights in the sky) which were all pretty unexplainable, yet hasn't budged from her 'yeah yeah yeah mulder, its all explainable" stance. She's loosened up a little.

Mulder is fearless, going into the room knowing the scary beast woman was in there, also when he didn't know who was the killer in the ice ep.

loving it.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Scully does definitely budge - hey, you're only in Season 1, the establishing season! Wait till you get to stuff like Irressistable...
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I may begin this tonight.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    DO IT DO IT DO IT
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I fucking love peer pressure, I'm in.
  • I might get around to continuing with this too, I watched about half of season 1 earlier this year.
  • Remember this thread was going strong for a while, certainly caused me to watch a few recommended eps from throughout the series. Need to find a good quality version of that black and white nod to old horror from season 5, heard it's one of the best.
  • Postmodern Prometheus - that's what you're looking for, @Wander.

Just watched the first ep of Season 4. Scully's starting to look hawt.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Season 5/6 is Scully good times
  • some cool episodes last night

One was about the invisible alien which crash landed where we met max who was an abductee. It was a clever turn around where we worked out that infact everyone was following Max as much as the crashsite.

I like this dude who intervenes and helps Mulder out when he's arrested. Its interesting to see where the lies are, does he really mean to keep his enemies closer? Or is he just saying that to keep the heat off his relationship? It seems weird that he knows so much but is willing to risk helping Fox.

Then I watched the episode about adam and eve, well just eve's. I guessed early that it was the girls doing it but it still wasn't entirely clear as to why. Was also obvious that it was going to be Eve 8/9 who was going in at the end. Creepy girls though. Clever too in the main. I thought Mulder had already switched the cups before he left the cafe but he hadn't. Also wasn't very realistic that the truck driver was going to stop them despite them saying they weren't fbi.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Eve is kind of linked to later stuff. Guy who helps Mulder was dubbed "Deep Throat" by fans and then that name was picked up by staff writers in later seasons
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Also the next episode is Fire which is awfulol but Cecil L'ively is a hoot to figure out where his accent is. Also if you watched BSG you can see if you recognise him.

Shitty episode though.
  • Oh God, I lasted about five minutes for that episode. The accents were shockingly bad. 

Skipped a few episodes in the first couple of seasons; really didn't like that space ghost one you mentioned, @mk64. I thought the script was weak and it looked very cheap. It was almost as if they'd hired a writer who didn't really like science fiction that much.
  • Oh, but Jose Chung's 'From Outer Space' is just brilliant. Probably one of the best episodes in the show.
  • Oh God, I lasted about five minutes for that episode. The accents were shockingly bad. 

Skipped a few episodes in the first couple of seasons; really didn't like that space ghost one you mentioned, @mk64. I thought the script was weak and it looked very cheap. It was almost as if they'd hired a writer who didn't really like science fiction that much.

Reminded me of the twilight zone
  • Fair enough! I'm not going to get all pernickety and try convince you otherwise. Opinions, innit!

Tell you what, though: S4, ep.2, 'Home'?

<shudder>
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Was skipped the first time Fox repeated the series, that episode was.
  • I understand why. Grim.
  • Link to Reddit AMA with an x-files writer.
    Just started so not sure how interesting it will turn out to be.
  • I find the canon / non-canon distinctions quite amusing.

I'm up to 9 in season 5. Most of em are only second time watching, some are first. Been quite a while since I saw it first time.

I find it very right considering that it is a show about conspiracy nuts that they should pull the
    Spoiler:
    twist. There can be no inconsistency with the show or plot hole as that is PART OF THE CONSPIRACY! It's a wonderful device. Probably the best cliffhanger + start of season so far. I do find the religious stuff to be a pretty dismal attempt to make Scully not just the perpetually wrong ass who is such a bad scientist that she can't compute five years of first hand experience and evidence. It's a bad crutch, but eh, it suits the tone which is generally set at Good Trash.
    I'm a Sasquatch man and I'm watching you.
  • fire was quite creepy, the guy was quite a good actor. Its interesting how most of the x-files themselves barely speak. We then watched the one with boggs who was either in collusion with that other guy or was psychic. Had scully pretty spooked. I think i'll watch some more tonight as its halloween.
  • Season 4 Scully is still hot.
  • Anyone played the original PC game? Will probably looks amazingly low resolution these days but it was quite wonderful. Very unforgiving, you felt like you really had to work to find the clues. I actually had a note pad full of notes whilst playing it.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Yep, I played it.
  • brilliant
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • watched toombs 2 tonight, was ok.
    Born again, was cool, quite freaky but not in a scary way
    Roland.. was epic, suspense, confusion, twists. What was the significance of the last glance in the mirror though? Recognising himself differently or something more?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!