The X Files Love-in
  • Bad Blood is one of the episodes I remember most vividly, absolutely stunning. Do you know anymore of the comedy episodes? I've seen X Cops though.
  • X-Cops is Gilligan as well. War of the Coprophages counts as comedy, IMO. Post-Modern Prometheus is fairly funny, Hollywood A.D, Dreamland 1&2 are hilarious (Vince again), Clyde Bruckman is touching and funny, the series at its best, Aracdia, Unusual Suspects (Vince), Small Potatoes, Humbug...

There are plenty more that I am forgetting but it managed to be fairly humerous at times. Musings of a Cigarette Smoking man is also often quite lolsome. My lists are starting to overlap now because the comedy really did stick out a hell of a lot, and now you can see a lot of foreshadowing of Breaking Bad in Vince's stuff, in turning a rather dark show into something with a wry smile at its heart.
  • She sounds English now and it makes her hotter.
    The next generation doesn't start until MAG comes out. 

PSN: Naemuckle
    STEAM: Naemuckle
  • Tempy wrote:
    X-Cops is Gilligan as well. War of the Coprophages counts as comedy, IMO. Post-Modern Prometheus is fairly funny, Hollywood A.D, Dreamland 1&2 are hilarious (Vince again), Clyde Bruckman is touching and funny, the series at its best, Aracdia, Unusual Suspects (Vince), Small Potatoes, Humbug... There are plenty more that I am forgetting but it managed to be fairly humerous at times. Musings of a Cigarette Smoking man is also often quite lolsome. My lists are starting to overlap now because the comedy really did stick out a hell of a lot, and now you can see a lot of foreshadowing of Breaking Bad in Vince's stuff, in turning a rather dark show into something with a wry smile at its heart.

Oh yeah you can definitely see the roots there, and I was wondering where Gilligan came from. I've seen 'Musings' and it is very funny, but also quite sad. The scene where he is on the phone to the publisher for example. Oh and the Forrest Gump piss-take!
  • I think I'll just start with the earliest episodes from the list you've so kindly recommended and take it from there. I don't think I've ever seen this 'Firewalker' episode, excited as it's the first on the list.
  • My memory isn't perfect, Reg is really the guy to go to, but I liked Firewalker just because it has that kooky X-Files only SciFi vibe going on.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Fun firewalker fact - the things that burst out of people's necks were modified rubber jonnies filled with jelly.

The special effects and crew creativity on this show is worth a discussion unto itself
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I will also make a list
  • Oh wait, that is the one with the Stalks that I was getting mixed up with Ice. Yes, it is a good episode and also ROBOT.
  • Just remembered another one I'm tempted to skip: the one where they're IN the COMPUTER, playing a VIRTUAL REALITY SHOOTER.

GAH.
  • First Person Shooter
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    All this talk, I'm going to have to start another run through.
  • As Tempy talking about Bruckman being a moving ep earlier, he reminded me of The Field Where I Died. 

Love that one, Bowman was involved in some great episodes. Dod Kalm is a stone wall classic and I think he had a hand in 2Shy.
    PSN: Shinji-_-Ikari
    Twitter: @YouDidItAll4Me
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Dreadful.

Written by William Gibson no less.

Bowman was given the reins of the first movie, I think, because of his fairly solid work. 

Field Where I Died is in my top 10.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    So, here is my top 10.

10)Pusher 
    9)Tunguska
    8)Paper Hearts
    7)War of the Coprophages
    6)Anasazi
    5)Duane Barry
    4)Ice
    3)731
    2)Bad Blood
    1)Field Where I Died
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    It's also important that you knowx-files-first-person-shooter-screen-1-perception-control.jpg
  • I don't have a top ten, but they are all brilliant episodes. I'd have Fallen Angel, Clyde Bruckman, Musings in though, and probably most of those too.

Also Dreamland 1&2.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Dreamland would be sitting just out. I like Musings, but not as much as you I think.

Also - 'auterotic asphyxiation'

Fantastic.
  • Which is the one where the plane gets stopped and Max is abducted? Particularly like that one.

I really like CSM, one of my favourite episodes is the one where he meets up with Scully alone, possibly written by Gillian too?

Also the start of season 2 or 3 where Mulder goes to the telescope, one of my favourites as it scared the shit out of me a a child.
  • @reg (dammit Tempy!!!)

Hahaha! Yeah, classic moment. Oh, Fox, you deviant...
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    Which is the one where the plane gets stopped and Max is abducted? Particularly like that one. I really like CSM, one of my favourite episodes is the one where he meets up with Scully alone, possibly written by Gillian too? Also the start of season 2 or 3 where Mulder goes to the telescope, one of my favourites as it scared the shit out of me a a child.

Tempy - it's Tempus Fugit / Max two parter. I like that too. Also Season 4. Seasons 2 and 4 , people.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    Which is the one where the plane gets stopped and Max is abducted? Particularly like that one. I really like CSM, one of my favourite episodes is the one where he meets up with Scully alone, possibly written by Gillian too? Also the start of season 2 or 3 where Mulder goes to the telescope, one of my favourites as it scared the shit out of me a a child.

The road trip one is En Ami waayyy on in S 7. William Davies (CSM) wrote it.
  • I watched 'Clyde Buckman's Final Repose', great stuff, has a nice mix of everything going on that made the show so special. The psychic from the television ads is outrageous.

Can someone tell me which episode is the one where Mulder is in a dream or something, where he imagines his sister is still alive and the smoking man lives on the same street in suburbia? Is that connected to the mythology arc?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Wander - That's the Sixth Extinction Parts 1 and 2. It's definitely part of mythos - CSM tells Mulder
    Spoiler:
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    We watched Shadows last night. Best bit was me noticing that they were covering up Howard Graves' parking space with one that said 'Tom Braidwood'.

Cads.
  • We skipped a couple and watched Ice.
  • Cheers Reg, and for the list too.

'Pusher' and 'War Of The Coprophages' tonight I reckon.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Ghost in the Machine last night. LOLCOMPUTER aside, useful for the second appearance of Deep Throat and the first time Scully fired her gun (Mulder's first was in Shadows)
  • But you've got Ice next, which is one of the great ones...assuming you're going in order
    PSN: Shinji-_-Ikari
    Twitter: @YouDidItAll4Me

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!