Star Trek
  • Questor
    Show networks
    Steam
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/questornz/

Send message
    Oh definitely - also Anson Mount as Pike is in the running for best captain in any Trek show IMO
  • I just finished Picard series 1. I'm not sure if it's because I went in with such low expectations but I though it was decent.  Plenty of daft shit that I wasnt keen on and the crew weren't great.  But overall it wasn't as awful I was led to believe.
  • Wait till you get to series 3, which is excellent.
    That was awkward and unsettling, never post anything like it again.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    Unfortunately season 2, the nadir imo, is In-between.
    Things can only get better.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Season 2 is sooooo bad
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    Episode 5 of SNW another excellent episode, they’re really good at taking a typical Trek episode plot and spinning it into something better. Peck is really making his interpretation of Spock up there with his predecessors.
  • Questor
    Show networks
    Steam

Send message
    MY big complaint with SNW this season is that I still don't feel like we've had an episode with the whole cast. Seems like every week there's at least one or 2 missing for most of the episode - Number One has been basically absent apart from the obvious episode 2 that focused on her.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    Season 2 is sooooo bad

I've found myself skipping parts, which is something I almost never do. It's been a slog so far.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    FYI, we’re now at the point where you can watch all of Strange New Worlds season 2 with a month’s sub. You can get a half price month on Amazon Video or have a search on hotukdeals and see if you can cadge a free month.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Lower Decks is back on 7 September. Trailer: https://twitter.com/thetrekcentral/status/1682856602871779328?s=46

Discovery is back early 2024.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Strange New Worlds Lower Decks crossover episode is getting brought forward to today.
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    Strange New Worlds Lower Decks crossover episode is getting brought forward to today.

Quite enjoyed it. Think I'll start lower decks later.
  • Really enjoyed it, a lot of fun, grinned most of the way through.
  • Questor
    Show networks
    Steam

Send message
    Live action Boimler and Mariner were exactly as you would expect. It didn't stray too far towards the comedy either, stayed just the right side of the line.

"It's doing portal things"
    "Stop lurching towards it"

Laughed plenty at that exchange.
  • Oh shit, it's actually Tawny Newsome as well
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Episode 8 is already out. Extremely dark but very good. Episodes 7-9 is going to be the most tonally inconsistent run of Star Trek episodes in history, I think.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    TIL that the actress playing number one in SNW is Mystique in the original X-men movies. Needless to say Rebecca Romijn is great in SNW.

Watched the crossover episode last night, put a big smile on my face.
  • Questor
    Show networks
    Steam

Send message
    EvilRedEye wrote:
    Episode 8 is already out. Extremely dark but very good. Episodes 7-9 is going to be the most tonally inconsistent run of Star Trek episodes in history, I think.

Or of any show, probably!

Episode 8 was a massive shift - great acting by the guy who plays M'Benga, though they do seem to be leaning a bit on the fact he is a BJJ black belt IRL
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    EvilRedEye wrote:

Episode 10 is really dark again apparently. Four episodes of total tonal whiplash!

In other news, we’re getting a novel exploring Seven’s Picard backstory in the aftermath of Voyager.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    Episode 9, wow I think they just about pulled it off, such a silly premise, but made me smile.
  • Questor
    Show networks
    Steam

Send message
    Holy Shit that Strange New Worlds Season finale!
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I've just started the first series of that, it's great. Bit worried about references to that daft one with Spock's sister, hope that's all there is as I don't like to be reminded of it
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    Strong finale for a cracking season.
    Spoiler:

With the writers strike, it’s going to be a long wait for season 3.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    I've just started the first series of that, it's great. Bit worried about references to that daft one with Spock's sister, hope that's all there is as I don't like to be reminded of it

I think you’re safe from now on, TOS Spock never spoke about his sister, they can use that to allow us to forget about it too.

Stick with this, season two may be my favourite season of all Trek shows. A bit unfair on TNG era, as having 20+ episode seasons, always meant not every episode was going to be a classic.

• EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Season 2 is really great with an excellent hit ratio. I feel like it’s hard to make a direct comparison with TNG-VOY era due to the different priorities but it’s definitely up there.
  • I'm halfway through series 3 of Lower Decks and it's been removed from Amazon Prime. I'm so fed up with shit like this.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I think it’s because Season 4 is just about to start and the international rights are moving to Paramount+. Try looking for some free months deals for Paramount+ or, if that fails, take out the week trial for the Paramount+ Amazon channel and then near the end cancel it and it might offer you a half price month. If you wait and do this towards the end of the Season 4 run you could watch both seasons for the same discounted or free month of sub.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Matt_82 wrote:
    I'm halfway through series 3 of Lower Decks and it's been removed from Amazon Prime. I'm so fed up with shit like this.

Apparently Paramount+ have put Season 3 up for free on their YouTube channel but it seems like you’ll have to VPN yourself into America.
  • Questor
    Show networks
    Steam

Send message
    Seren and Kodi are your friend here - this is what I have been doing and it's awesome
  • Questor
    Show networks
    Steam

Send message
    New Lower Decks first 2 episodes have been great

I have just one thing to say
    Spoiler:

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!