Secret Australian Business
  • Poor Clinton, he thought the Bombers were doing so well.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    They've turned to mush in the last few weeks, just like last year.  Can you get any sort of coverage o'er there?
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Eddie Betts, wowza.  Collingwood cooked, Cats still in it!
    Edit: deliberate behind! WAT. Now there's a ground invasion.  NOW there's a video review! This system is fucked though.  Blues v Dogs FYI Face.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message

Jeremy Howe took this one about an hour ago.  Whoosh!  Taking one every week, but this one gets him a car I think.
  • Mainly if you go to the Aussie bars that are sometimes in some of the city. I guess I could possibly stream it from the website, maybe. Or just that play by play thing. I'm mainly following through my supercoach team.
  • Heh. That Carlton game was crazy. The deliberate call was right I reckon. And at least they got the vid right too. Although there's too many ones they can't get a good angle on. Hawthorn are scary. Nth v Richmond was entertaining.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    That bloke in the vid is not doing it right, he should have gone down holding his face, rolled over and over and thrown in some leg spasms for good measure.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Facewon wrote:
    Heh. That Carlton game was crazy. The deliberate call was right I reckon. And at least they got the vid right too. Although there's too many ones they can't get a good angle on. Hawthorn are scary. Nth v Richmond was entertaining.
    Which is precisely why they should have waited for another season to implement it.  Either rely on appropriately located high resolution slo-mo cameras to make the calls, or scrap the system.  Several goals have been called as points because the goal umpire was only 95% sure and the footage was inconclusive.  In past years, they'd have just made the call.  Goal umpires have been disempowered as a result of this system.

North/Richmond was great.  Last minute double goals have been in vogue.  Hawthorn are scary, but I still think they have to get past Geelong before they're in.  If Geelong beat Adelaide in Geelong, which I think will happen, I'd back them to beat Hawthorn.  Lot of ifs, but IF they do, Cats will make the finals for sure and are a good chance to play them in week two if two of Adelaide/Sydney/WC finish one/two.  IF that happens, look out.  Long way to go before then, but Hawthorn have to beat Geelong in two weeks.

All pretty fanciful really.
  • Given your recent record with Hawthorn, I do agree that they have to get past you. Although given your respective recent form, and given they have to break the duck at some point, even with home field (is it being played at the G or Kardinia?), I'd be pretty worried.

They (hawthorn) have just been, well, winning, it seems. I'd barely noticed. I think part of it comes down to who you beat. Any of the teams near the top can win the ones they're meant to. Beating bottom teams and mid levels etc. it's the teams that are beating the real contenders who are scary.

That's where Sydney are also a bit scary. They're giving some supposed contenders a spanking. Like West Coast and Essendon (last quarter fade being ignored for a second). tbh, Sydney are a bit under the radar because I haven't seen em on telly much this year.

• Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    It'll be at the G, we don't play anyone of note in Geelong any more.  Yeah, Sydney are the distant aunt who suddenly barrels in at Christmas, plants a wet kiss on your forehead and scares the shit out of everybody with her racist diatribes.  Kinda.  Still a good chance for an all interstate GF.

The Hawks have been beating up a lot of lesser teams, and they did beat Collingwood, but Collingwood were as bad against the Hawks as we were against Collingwood, so I'm still not sure.  They haven't had a close one for a while and they will before the year is out.
  • true. Watching you lot against the bombres reminded me that if things go just right you could still give some teams a shake. It's possible to look at all the players who you've lost over the last couple of years to retirement etc and think that you have to be rebuilding right now - and realistically you should be - but at the same time, if injury is kind to you, you can still, as I mentioned previously, put a very very good side on the paddock. Stevie J seems to be the big x factor. You guys could mostly just leave him up forward over the last hew years, but he can clearly play in the midfield. With the right support, he could sneak you guys to some big wins. How far away are the pod and Jimmy?

Still, at the end of the day, I can't shake the feeling that it's Collingwood in the front running. Regardless of hick ups, they have the runs on the board and the experienced and gun players and depth to go far.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Scott seems to attempting a hitherto untried thing in football, the rebuilding premiership tilt.  James will be back this week and Podfather is still doubtful.  Collingwood rely so heavily on their four top line midfielders that if one or more of them goes down, they're in serious trouble.  Cloke has turned to mush and Dawes is painfully second rate.

Great thing is it's unpredictable and still very even.  Should be the most interesting finals series for a few years.
  • Clarkson you crazy bastard.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    The wall smash?
  • Abusing junior footy umps at his son's games now.

Try and keep up with the rage.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Oh dear. 

Well soorryyy!  I hate it when people patronize me, it just makes ME SO MAADARRRGGGGGHHHH *SMASSH*

He's an angry little shit Clarkson, classic small man syndrome.  There's a bit of footage on YouTube where Ablett Senior absolutely flattens him, satisfyin'.
  • Geelong V Hawthorn next week is now FUCKING HUGE.

Also, what drugs were the field umpires for carl v richmond on?
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    It won't happen, but a serious review of umpiring is required.  Weird shit is occurring in every game.  Some of them (McBurney) need a serious attitude adjustment.

Yep, Cats have been playing possum for weeks, but now they've flicked the switch.  If we win and it's an awfully big if given how well the Hawks are playing, we could win the lot.  If so, Chris Scott is the coach of the year.
  • It's very annoying that limited internets is scuppering my first semi-successful SuperCoach season. I might not get into the finals in one league by one place because I couldn't swap Goddard back in. Garrrrr.
    One more week until the finals start (I think) so we'll see what happens.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I might get into that next season, all this football knowledge is sitting idle.
  • Watched the second half of carl v richmond. Richmond fucked it pretty good.

Cracking game in the end though.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I caught the whole last quarter, super finish.  Typical of those two that the winning goal would be unintentional.  The video review system is utterly fucked as if we needed any more proof.  Goal umpires have been neutered.

Anyway, Tigers, good golly.  These close losses will see them in good stead for next year though.  That last 5 minutes was as tense as I've seen this year.  I have no particular interest in either but I was screaming like a schoolgirl at the end.
  • Oh Brock, ethically speaking, is Carlton the place you want to be?
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Never mind the reported assault, did you see the prick in the crowd harassing the woman in front of him? She looked terrified while his cunt mates sat around guffawing. Carlton supporters. Last Carlton game I attended, Ablett was still playing and the drunken human filth at the back of the stand were regularly calling out "Ya dad's a fuckin' murderer Ablett" or better still "You're a fuckin' murdering drug dealer Ablett". Kids sitting around hearing that shit, fucking heroes.

Brock is doing alright though.
  • heh, I was more referring to the tanking, but yeah, the supporters sound quality. Always used to be Essendon supporters that where the nastiest when I used to go regularly.

Copped some pretty good abuse from some grannies at Windy Hill way back when.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Dad recalls a day where he saw St Kilda vs Collingwood (not having an allegiance to either team) at Victoria Park in the 70s. Can't recall the player but a Saint gathered the ball on the flank where they were sitting and nailed a torp from about 70 with a wet ball. Dad said (not that loudly) "Gee, that was pretty good". This resulted in an umbrella in the back of the head from an old lady behind him. Could be worse I suppose...

On the tanking, I've not read anything about that of late. Has there been rumblings?
  • Check the Age. Brock's just come out and said outright that the Ds tanked in 09 and it's why he asked to be traded.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Wowza, that's big.  Investigatin'.
  • In fairness to melbourne, as someone has just said in one of the Age articles: What do you call what GWS and the Suns are going to be doing for the next 2 seasons? Playing players "out of position" isn't as clear cut as it seems. The two new teams are going to be "developing players" like crazy for the next 2 seasons.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    They're a bit of a special case though and the AFL can't afford to have them languishing in 17th and 18th for very long.  I have no issue with teams tinkering once their finals hopes evaporate, but if Geelong were sitting 12th and suddenly started playing Hawkins at full back, it'd smell a bit off.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!