Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Escape wrote:
    One of yours originally, Skez:
    That was some shitty reffing.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    That Chris I know from Manchester. Last I heard someone was trying to make a docu about him.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Radio 4 Extra are currently repeating Blue Jam on Friday nights, whilst we're mentioning Morris.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Skerret wrote:
    That was some shitty reffing.

Proper slow-motion eight-count. The worst referee I've witnessed looked like Freddy March's Hyde. I swear there was no more than two inches between his hairline and monobrow. You know that bit when Twenty backpedals from Bargearse's car at the end of Bargearse... well, that was how this guy moved around the ring. Locomotive Hyde, choo-choo.

He is from your ends, Bean, aye.

My favourite boxing name's probably Jukebox Timebomb. Funso Banjo's a good 'un. Proud Kilimanjaro fought some of the greats. (And Sithole.)
  • LarryDavid wrote:
    Radio 4 Extra are currently repeating Blue Jam on Friday nights, whilst we're mentioning Morris.

God I flippin' loved that show.  First ever encounter with Morris that for me. Folks oft cite Brass Eye as his pièce de résistance but 'Jam for me was outstanding stuff:

"Philip Schofield, dressed as  Felicity Kendal, drowns in a dentist's aquarium."
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • It's amazing, agreed.

Initially I was put off by it's 'dark' reputation. I didn't like the Brass Eye Special much (still don't) and didn't fancy listening to an hour or so of uncomfortable, unsettling savagery. But it's not really like that, some of it is slightly unpleasant (the TV series seems worse) but it just washes over you really, rather than horrifying you. Of course lots of it is just plain silly, and fucking hilarious. "Fucking Noddy?!?!" etc.

Soundtrack is great too.
  • Went to see Sean Hughes tonight, because the gf is (quite literally) in love with him.

Have to say he was absolutely fantastic, pissed myself from start to finish, brilliant.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    That Reggie Watts.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Jut stumbled across this:

An excellent little routine. Here's a link to the Guardian article that introduced me to it.

http://www.theguardian.com/stage/2014/jun/04/aamer-rahman-reverse-racism-comedy-tour
  • Took the missus to see Frank Skinner at the Manc Apollo last Thursday. A present for her March birthday that had finally rolled around. She's a fan and always catches his Absolute podcast. It was a good gig, have always liked his observations and turn of phrase. He's very at ease on stage and despite his protestation at not being the comic he once was, the last half hour was an oral sex anecdotal masterclass.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Have we had Mitch Hedberg yet? 

• Saw Dara O Briain tonight in Edinburgh.  He was brilliant.  He's the best stand up I've seen in person.

Night took an odd turn at the end when he (genuinely) asked two girls if they were having an issue as they were ready to walk out.  They accused him of having an issue with women.  When he asked what bit had given them that impression they asked for his views on 'women and technology'.  It was very weird and really knocked him off his stride.
  • Did he not give a good answer then? Was he being sexist?

Stewart Lee in Ipswich the other week. Brilliant.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • Fairly recent Louis C.K. special: 

• When I saw Dara on the Isle of Man he was particularly adept at off the cuff stuff.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Gonzo wrote:
    Best stand up I have seen live remains that crazy Jewish Scottish guy, he is insane
    Sadowitz?
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Sadowitz is a don
  • three1ne wrote:
    Did he not give a good answer then? Was he being sexist? Stewart Lee in Ipswich the other week. Brilliant.

Nah he wasn't being sexist at all.  He didn't really have an answer because it was such a fuckin wierd/wank question to ask, though he did say he was on women's side for pretty much everything.  They weren't really wanting a discussion though.  They were drunk and were apparently 'throwing daggers' at him for the entire second half of the show.

It seemed to get to him that folk weren't enjoying themselves.  Tbh I was a wee bit annoyed at him for indulging them at all.  The 30/60 seconds he devoted to them to find out what was wrong was 25/55 seconds too long imo.
  • Stewart Lee really is at the top of his game.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Went to see Rob Delaney last night, he of 'Catastrophe' fame.

Absolutely brilliant, I haven't laughed so much for a long time. It was an hour and a bit of freeform filth - go and see him if you can, even the bits that he hadn't quite worked out yet were hilarious simply because of his charm.

So many choice turns of phrase, but "Fuck mayonnaise" remains in the memory strongest.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Got tickets for Louis CK in Dublin in August. There's a good chance I won't be able to make it so I suppose I can sell ticketmaster tickets fairly easily if necessary? Also quick mention to tickmaster for being totally shit, wouldn't let me buy the tickets from overseas, had to get someone at home to do it. They seem to think nobody should be able to buy tickets outside of wherever they live. Assholes.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Probably brought it in after the legislation a few years ago to reduce online touting

Given you are now thinking of selling the tickets they kind of have a point, although assuming you only want face value for them they should offer to buy them back from you or at least make them available for sale, IO think it was part of the same legislation, although legally you can sell them yourself but you mustn't ask for more than face value

Althuogh I just realised you're talking Ireland and Spain so I have no idea if any of this applies, except in the case of ticketmaster being pricks, I reckon that's why they are being (more) pricks
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I don't want to sell them at all but it may be necessary in the end. Can't I just eBay them if I needed?

I only really need to know I can get the cost back if necessary, no intention of making a profit on them.
  • Desperate to go to London but I doubt I'll get the time off. Hmph. He's brilliant live as well.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    There are websites set up to allow people to sell tickets for face value, Scarlet Mist is one, but I don't know if they are UK only or if they cover comedy. Still, worth a look.
  • Love Louis CK. Shame you can't make it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!