PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Love the castlevania runs
  • A lot less “noone has ever heard of these” NES games this time.
  • Are OG Gameboys worth anything nowadays? Unearthed a mint one in full working order from my Dad’s attic. All the original accessories (link cable, Nintendo earbuds) and a hard plastic carry case. Bunch o’ games too.
  • If not now then one day fo sho.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • I think people sometimes do conversions with the shell, put a Raspberry Pi or similar in there for reasons. Should be worth a bit if it's in perfect condition.
  • So with our lord and saviour king-to-be swanning around Israel and Gaza at the moment - the whys and wherefores have popped up in the news and a point was raised yesterday about holocaust denial and the belief in this. I’ve obvs heard the term before but just where did the idea spring from? What’s the general thought process behind it? All I can think is wtf??? How?
    Don’t really want to google in case I end up down a rabbit hole of racist hate filled websites.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    World record on that spiderman 32x run there btw
  • I've got a wedding coming up in a couple of weeks. I very rarely wear a suit, so when I tried mine on I found out it no longer fits.

Since I was going to rent one and they've been slack at sending out the paper invites, I checked with the groom if there was a certain way they'd prefer me to dress and got told simply that most people would be wearing suits, but smart casual would be okay. I think he got the wrong end of the stick, tbh, but that suits me fine as renting a nice suit is expensive and fat people look crap in mid-range suits.

I now want to wear something nice/smart (i.e. light jacket, rather than suit), forego renting the suit and give them the money as a wedding gift. When I spoke to his brother, I was told they've been turning down offers of presents from the family, though. Is it acceptable to go ahead with my plan?
  • So with our lord and saviour king-to-be swanning around Israel and Gaza at the moment - the whys and wherefores have popped up in the news and a point was raised yesterday about holocaust denial and the belief in this. I’ve obvs heard the term before but just where did the idea spring from? What’s the general thought process behind it? All I can think is wtf??? How?
    Don’t really want to google in case I end up down a rabbit hole of racist hate filled websites.
    regmcfly wrote:
    World record on that spiderman 32x run there btw

That's quite a consecutive couple of posts.
  • AJ wrote:
    I've got a wedding coming up in a couple of weeks. I very rarely wear a suit, so when I tried mine on I found out it no longer fits. Since I was going to rent one and they've been slack at sending out the paper invites, I checked with the groom if there was a certain way they'd prefer me to dress and got told simply that most people would be wearing suits, but smart casual would be okay. I think he got the wrong end of the stick, tbh, but that suits me fine as renting a nice suit is expensive and fat people look crap in mid-range suits. I now want to wear something nice/smart (i.e. light jacket, rather than suit), forego renting the suit and give them the money as a wedding gift. When I spoke to his brother, I was told they've been turning down offers of presents from the family, though. Is it acceptable to go ahead with my plan?
    Ugh,dress code nonsense is weighing heavily at the moment due to me moving department but all I can say is I was more interested in the faces at my wedding than what they were wearing. I know this is completely unhelpful but people judging based on attire is something I struggle to get my head around.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Any wedding I've gone to I've worn a shirt, jacket and some kind of casual slacks. Never put a suit on and never will. Fuck em.
  • Who has the dropbox details?
  • Tempy wrote:
    Who has the dropbox details?

Probably wanna hit up DS, I should think.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    Who has the dropbox details?

its on the first page of forum talk ya flange ye, not linking due to what can be on it, or you can use my account if you'd rather
  • I never use that version of the forum view, I just hit discussion. Cheers!
  • Kow wrote:
    Any wedding I've gone to I've worn a shirt, jacket and some kind of casual slacks. Never put a suit on and never will. Fuck em.

I'm considering going full middle age and wearing a t-shirt, jeans and jacket.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    tempz it is next to each discussion on PC MASTER RACE what are you like ya scamp
  • Fack I didn't realise there was a games done quick on atm.
  • AJ wrote:
    Kow wrote:

I'm considering going full middle age and wearing a t-shirt, jeans and jacket.

I don't like a suit either. I either look like a bouncer or a sack of shit.
    Past couple of friend weddings I wore a tweed blazer (grey with brown and blue), blue smart chinos, white shirt, blue tie and blue suspenders (not that type DS).
    I was really worried about it, thought I was crossing lines. I actually got compliments, especially the suspenders.

You are on the right track, don't wear a t shirt or jeans though. Wear a shirt and tie. The tie can come off later.

Blazer was Debenhams.
    Chinos were Next, as were shirt and tie.
    Suspenders Primark.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I like suspenders but always feel a little weird not wearing a belt.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    The suit was the invention of Beau Brummel. Basically he created a civvie version of a military uniform.

A suit can be good because you only have to worry about a shirt and tie - no need to worry about matching a jacket and trousers and well.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Make an effort for the wedding AJ and it'll be fine whatever you wear.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Making an effort is key. It's kind of the point of a wedding.
  • Not really.....
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • davyK wrote:
    The suit was the invention of Beau Brummel. Basically he created a civvie version of a military uniform.

Aye. This is where lapels come from. Take an old-style military jacket, unbutton the neck and high-up buttons, then fold the material back on itself. Hey presto – lapels and collar. That’s why there’s a buttonhole on your lapel – it’s a leftover detail from when the jacket buttoned all the way up to the neck.
  • I really should have been clearer. This is for the ceremony; I wear other stuff to receptions (where nice t-shirt and jeans with a blazer is perfectly acceptable, thank you very much - though probably not at my current weight; hence the "full middle-age" comment). For ceremonies I've always gotten suited up as I thought that was expected.

Dunno if that changes anyone's responses.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Hodge360 wrote:
    Not really.....

Well it is. Otherwise just go off on your own to a registry office with your arse hanging out of your trousers and then get on with life.

I know being there is actually more important though. I suppose if you know the bride/groom well enough you should dress in a way that you guess they would expect.
  • AJ wrote:
    Dunno if that changes anyone's responses.

Just dress smart. Same as you would for a funeral. Suit is a good option, yes, but smart trousers and a shirt works fine. Go with a tie though, and shoes not trainers.
  • davyK wrote:
    I suppose if you know the bride/groom well enough you should dress in a way that you guess they would expect.

I know the groom well enough to know that he really doesn't give a shit how people dress. The bride, I've only met a small number of times.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Dress smart. Look good. Doesn't have to be a suit.

It's a wedding. Just don't be that guy.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!