Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Get her vouchers then and she can get her own headscarf.
  • That still leaves the answer of which High Street chains do the scarves, at which point I may as well just pick one out myself because it's a Secret Santa.

I am just trying to do something nice here, but well done on making me feel like a cunt about it.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Well that wasn't the intention. Vouchers are always good in a pinch.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    It's not her defining trait, it's just part of the reason why I thought a headscarf would be a nice gift but eh fuck me.

My post wasn’t meant as some sort of accusation, apologies if it came across that way.

The original post did read a bit oddly, but the additional context does make more sense, not that I thought you were actually being Freethinker in the first place.
  • Student thinking of getting her daughter a console this Christmas... could anyone tell me if fortnite is available for PS3 and if you have FIFA for PS3 can you play online with friends who have it on PS4? There's a chance her brother in law will give her his old PS3....but these are my doubts. Any help would be appreciated.
    Peter3C
  • pc71 wrote:
    Student thinking of getting her daughter a console this Christmas... could anyone tell me if fortnite is available for PS3 and if you have FIFA for PS3 can you play online with friends who have it on PS4? There's a chance her brother in law will give her his old PS3....but these are my doubts. Any help would be appreciated.

Pretty sure they are not cross compatible.
    (fifa)
    I'm sure fortnite is only available on the newer gen but may have changed as it's on everything now.
  • I think the engine Fortnite uses isn't compatible with last gen consoles, so it's probably not.
  • Kow wrote:
    Anyone interested in buying Reason 10? I bought it earlier in the year and quickly discovered I don't like it at all.

How much? I'm skint at the moment but could be interested if I came into some pennies in the near future.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I'd want 200 euros. It's a digital version. I think it has some extra stuff like a few months sub to extra racks. Which I never used.
  • You can always use extra racks.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Odd Q, but does anyone know where in mainstream High Street shops I'd be able to find a Headscarf for a Muslim? My Secret Santa at Work is my muslim colleague and I have no idea what else to get her.

Debenhams used to sell hijabs, no idea if they still do though.

If you have time (I guess it depends on whether you're working on Monday) then you can order them online fairly easily, certainly Amazon stock them.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    They do but she is on a really weird fad diet at the minute

I wish it was Ramadan and someone had said this

But yeah any square around 2 foot could be used, my auntie wore scarves all the time, I always wondered why her hankies were so big until she showed me how it was folded. I never clicked that the thing on her head started square, was only about 6 mind

Personally though, I'm not so sure buying a stranger an intimate item of clothing is sensible, especially given the potential (unintended religion based) connotations
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • I bought her a scarf and chocolates, and kept the receipts for her.
  • cockbeard wrote:
    Personally though, I'm not so sure buying a stranger an intimate item of clothing is sensible, especially given the potential (unintended religion based) connotations
    I remember many moons ago, my then girlfriend was working in MacDonalds one Christmas. Her male manager bought all the female employees underwear as Christmas presents. 
    Went down a storm that did...
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    I bought her a scarf and chocolates, and kept the receipts for her.
    Sounds like a good combo, I like the scarf idea.

Keeping the receipt is always a good thing, but don't be like B's family and start yelling you still have all the receipts before you've even opened anything! That always kinda ruined it for me, like they thought you weren't gonna like it but bought it anyway because they couldn't find anything better.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Well that's pretty much how Christmas presents work.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Technically it was Sinterklaas, have never celebrated Christmas with anything other than food (apart from last year's Secret Santa).

I had never seen the whole receipt business before I was with B, I found it all very strange. I don't think I've ever exchanged any presents either.
  • Tempy wrote:
    I am just trying to do something nice here, but well done on making me feel like a cunt about it.

Steady on old bean. Also, tartan might work.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Tempy wrote:
    I bought her a scarf and chocolates, and kept the receipts for her.

Aw too late.
  • g.man wrote:
    cockbeard wrote:
    I remember many moons ago, my then girlfriend was working in MacDonalds one Christmas. Her male manager bought all the female employees underwear as Christmas presents.  Went down a storm that did...

This doesn’t deserve to be missed.  What a fucking thing to do.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Fast food restaurants do seem to attract very odd managers.
  • Not on the same level of creepy, but I heard one BP office in Aberdeen had their Christmas party last Friday afternoon. They gave the female staff the morning off ‘to get ready’, male staff had to work until 11.

I see at least two issues: for the men, you’re being discriminated against, not getting an employee perk based on your gender; for the women, you’re formally being told to go and make yourself pretty for the men.
  • Although you're presuming that getting ready, whatever that means, is purely for the men's benefit.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    BP as in the oil company?
  • "g.man wrote:
    I remember many moons ago, my then girlfriend was working in MacDonalds one Christmas. Her male manager bought all the female employees underwear as Christmas presents. 
    Went down a storm that did...

What the actual fuck? I can’t imagine that being okay in any decade.
  • I think maybe the 60s. The 1160s, that is...
    Mostly an idiot. Live: thedarthjim / Instagram: mrjalco / Twitter: @MrJalco
  • So I just bought a she's mini as an early birthday present to myself but it says on the box I need a Nintendo USB/ac adapter or another 5v/1A output Ac adapter with a USB port.

Is this just like a standard phone charger or do I. End something else?
  • From what I understand, it comes with a USB cable, which you can plug straight in your TV for power if your TV has one.

If not, any USB phone plug should do.
  • From what I understand, it comes with a USB cable, which you can plug straight in your TV for power if your TV has one.

If not, any USB phone plug should do.

Cheers Dante!
    Christbirthday saved!
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    We just call it Christmas.

:P

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!