PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Lord_Griff wrote:
    You can put a egg in the meat

Are you making a chicken burger?
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Chicken burger is with tofu.
  • Where's the food thread? Thought it would be nice to get some good home cooked recipes on the go during these trying times. Anyone know a really good home made burger recipe I'm getting the barbie on it's glorious...
    Food thread is here mate.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Hundreds of pages of food to entertain you, including burger arguments.
  • Go for 20% meat burgers, save the planet
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Lord_Griff wrote:
    Go for 20% meat burgers, save the planet

One Guy
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Seems to be about 8 million versions of Nintendo 3DS. i Just fancy playing the zeldas and marios on there, does it matter which one i get?
  • Unless you want to play any of these games, any version will do.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:New_Nintendo_3DS_games
  • Help, please!
    I've been using a Win10 tablet with a keyboard cover for a while now as it's been a perfect combination of portability and sufficient power for college.
    Over the past week it's blue screened a few times due to "kernel security" errors. Googling suggested it was driver related and various scans suggested outdated drivers.
    My son had two Zoom meetings that afternoon which were plagued with issues relating to sound devices and general processing power available.
    After he'd finished, I decided to get stuck in on the driver issues but it seems I've suffered the fate of taking the lazy option. I've used Auslogics registry cleaner before and saw they have a driver updater program. Went through the process of updating drivers one by one using the free version without really taking notice but I think the last two may have been BIOS and display updates.
    This morning I turned the tablet on and got a please wait while we install updates message followed by text cascading down the screen and then nothing.

Now I've tried various things and know that:
    The power button is functioning as the mouse lights up when it has power.
    Holding the power button while booting/powering down doesn't fix the issue.
    Various combinations of power and volume buttons won't boot into the recovery menu as it has previously.
    When it's powered on, it's not connecting to my router but I don't know if that doesn't normally happen until after Windows log-in?

There is a reset hole but I'm worried that could result in a factory reset? This may be my only option but before I risk it, I have to try figure out a way to get at least two files off of it!
    My wife is also studying and has one and a half assignments typed up on it that she would be devastated to hear are lost! Yes, someone will point out she should have had backups but she's not a big computer user and has already lost the first assignment before when I set her up to save using OneDrive so wanted to stick with the "simpler" local save. 

So basically my priority here is retrieving files if possible. Obviously I can't just plug it into another PC as you would with an Android tab.
    Has anyone got any suggestions?
    I've been reading about USB bridge cables and wonder if it'd be worth ordering one?
    Would there be an app available for my phone that could read the files through USB?
    Any other suggestions?
    I'd considered the possibility of "hacking" into it over WiFi but as it's not showing as connected on my router, I guess that's out. 

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Apologies for the long post but I've been pulling my hair out all day. Even if you don't think you can help, consider volunteering to break the news to my wife or donating towards my funeral costs!! :D
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Can you boot into safe mode?
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Windows 10 is a bit of a fuck up - don't think Safe Mode is what it was.

Probably because Windows 10 runs in a virtual machine on the hardware.

Maybe booting into a rescue disk image off a USB stick? You can boot linux off a USB stick - would probably let you get at those files. Depends on if your BIOS settings are configured to allow USB booting though.....they usually are though.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • I can't get the recovery menu to load up. Similar to a phone, this should be possible by powering on with a combination of power and volume up button but I still get the black screen. I'm not even sure if the display driver is the issue or have messed up the BIOS
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I think there's a key sequence that boots from a basic BIOS....BIOS has a ROM to back up the EAPROM - at least that used to be the way....
  • Might have a Google. I'll try a bootable Linux drive tomorrow but don't have much hope. :(
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Does the PC have a button cell battery in it? When mine went flat the Bios reverted to version1.0  ( it was quite an old PC though so maybe that isn't the case any more - BIOS updates are probably held on flash ROM / EAPROM now)

If yours does have a battery then taking it might be worth a try....
  • Dunno. The tablet form doesn't give anything away about the innards and I wouldn't open it til necessary.
  • g.man wrote:
    Where's the food thread? Thought it would be nice to get some good home cooked recipes on the go during these trying times. Anyone know a really good home made burger recipe I'm getting the barbie on it's glorious...
    Food thread is here mate.

Cheers G!
  • Can someone explain the advantage of Discord over WhatsApp group chat please?? I've just been faffing about with discord trying to get a chat going with a couple of mates and it was a jumbled disaster - never sure whether we were all on the chat or not. Never did get it going.

Gave up with that and fired up a group chat on WhatsApp which worked immediately after one button press.

I don't understand Discord? Does it use less bandwidth or something? Seems shit to me...
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    WhatsApp doesn't work on pc.
  • It kinda does https://www.whatsapp.com/download/ but yeah needs to be linked to your phone on same wifi network
  • I don't have a pc I was looking at just setting up a voice chat for cod warzone because a couple of mates don't have mics. Wrong way to go about it?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    It doesn't have audio or video on pc. I know you can open a web chat window alright.
  • I use whatsapp on my pc every day, can't say I've used it for voice/cam tho.

I started using discord a bit due to finding some nice bms community stuff, but aside from that I don't really use it. Have used it for MW coms though recently as I don't have a ps4 headset - I've never had a problem getting it to work.
  • Never bothered with discord voice chat on phone, not really its purpose. That side of it is on great on PC though. Make a server, make a voice channel, invite pals to server, everyone jumps on the voice channel. I’ve used it for years now, it’s great.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Whatsapp on PC works fine for me but yes need phone on same network

Discrd comes into it's own wen yo start writing bots for it, I'm on a couple and in one I built an FAQ bot that could answer noob questions, to save members constantly repeating themselves

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!