The TV you like thread
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Planets by Brian Cox was everything I wanted.
    The mix of Brian Cox, peaceful CG and smart people talking on their expertise is perfect.

A brilliant antidote for anyone who may be feeling bogged down by the political climate. A timely reminder that we ain't shit.

What’s that on?
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    BBC2 so presumably on iPlayer. It really was great, so interesting and the graphics makes it so much easier to appreciate detail, scale, etc of what they're talking about.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Ep 4 of Cher Noble down and it's just really really good.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    The Daddy wrote:
    LivDiv wrote:
    The mix of Brian Cox, peaceful CG and smart people talking on their expertise is perfect.

A brilliant antidote for anyone who may be feeling bogged down by the political climate. A timely reminder that we ain't shit.

What’s that on?

Got me a massive man crush on ol Coxy so will be watching this.
  • Watched that last night. It was beautiful. Also life is pointless.
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    Heh. I had to stop watching one of his older series because it legit made me have an existential crisis.
  • Castle Rock is ramping up a bit in it's intensity
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Billions continues to be excellent telly. No idea how many episodes are left in this season, but it’s going to be a challenge to wrap it up neatly.
  • Epfuckingguides.com

Says a total of 12 episodes this season.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • mk64 wrote:
    Castle Rock is ramping up a bit in it's intensity

I fucking love Sheriff Pangborne (or however you spell it I haven't read any King for ages but was obssessed in his Dark Tower prime.). The Dark Half was the first King novel I ever read and I used to regularly re-read Needful Things.
    The Forum Herald™
  • pantyfire wrote:
    Epfuckingguides.com Says a total of 12 episodes this season.

Two more to go then. I predict loose ends ahoy.
  • LivDiv wrote:

Yeah, really enjoyed it.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Two episodes of The Virtues watched.  If it maintains the quality it'll be the best thing Shane Meadows or Stephen Graham have ever done.  It's too much, Graham's acting chops are off the chart.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Two episodes of The Virtues watched.  If it maintains the quality it'll be the best thing Shane Meadows or Stephen Graham have ever done.  It's too much, Graham's acting chops are off the chart.

Ah fuck me I forgot about this, will catch up.
  • Imagine being the subeditor who approved this.

fBPUhql.png
  • Skerret wrote:
    Ep 4 of Cher Noble down and it's just really really good.
    Depressing, but brilliant. Some haunting stuff there.
    Spoiler:
  • Netflix (UK) prices are going up soon. Scrub tier stays at £5.99, HD goes from £7.99 to £8.99, and 4K goes up to £11.99.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Bob wrote:
    mk64 wrote:

I fucking love Sheriff Pangborne (or however you spell it I haven't read any King for ages but was obssessed in his Dark Tower prime.). The Dark Half was the first King novel I ever read and I used to regularly re-read Needful Things.

The Dark Half is the last King novel I ever read. I had been cooling on his stuff for a while but when it came out it was the last straw.

• Castle Rock is now added to the list. Thanks MK
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    poprock wrote:
    Netflix (UK) prices are going up soon. Scrub tier stays at £5.99, HD goes from £7.99 to £8.99, and 4K goes up to £11.99.

That's quite a jump, for the top tier
  • Kow wrote:
    Bob wrote:
    mk64 wrote:
    The Dark Half is the last King novel I ever read. I had been cooling on his stuff for a while but when it came out it was the last straw.

Not really the reading thread but do tell ? The concept ? Not scary enough? Just not that in to it?
    The Forum Herald™
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    poprock wrote:
    Netflix (UK) prices are going up soon. Scrub tier stays at £5.99, HD goes from £7.99 to £8.99, and 4K goes up to £11.99.
    That's quite a jump, for the top tier

Two quid a month, is it?

I can see why they’re doing it. Get a price hike in now, before their new competitors launch. Disney and Apple are not just going to take a chunk of their customers, but also a chunk of their content. After that, a Netflix price rise would feel like paying more while getting less.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Bob wrote:
    Kow wrote:
    Bob wrote:
    mk64 wrote:

Not really the reading thread but do tell ? The concept ? Not scary enough? Just not that in to it?

It just seemed massive shark jumping, even by King standards. And his books were basically beginnirng the same stories in the same places with a few bits changed around. It was like he was just cutting and pasting his first few books. Guy didn't know how to end a story either.

• Shall we take this to the book thread?
    The Forum Herald™
  • This is almost interesting.  I thought so anyway - I first read IT when I was 12, making me a year older than the kids in the first part, then I finally got round to reading it again this year and realised I was a year younger than the adults.
  • Cancelled my netflix a few months back, fuck that shit. Fucking browsing for shit you don't want to watch.

Do want to read IT though, what the fuck is with the space turtle?
  • There's a gateway in our minds that leads somewhere out there, far beyond this plane...
  • It’s called Toys R us, Toys R us, Toys R us.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • nick_md wrote:
    Cancelled my netflix a few months back, fuck that shit. Fucking browsing for shit you don't want to watch.

Do want to read IT though, what the fuck is with the space turtle?

There's a turtle. In space.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • The Daddy wrote:
    It’s called Toys R us, Toys R us, Toys R us.

Hahahaha

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!