The TV you like thread
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    nick_md wrote:
    Up to date with Better Call Saul now it continues to be excellent, gotta wait on an ep a week now though, bollocks.

Agreed

Gonna watch the Jessie sequel film tonight to tide me over till next BCS ep (el Camino?). Not got high hopes but it'll scratch an itch.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Polymorph was always a favourite of mine.
    Get schwifty.
  • Polymorph is good. I also like the replicator one with the good and evil versions of the crew.
  • Marooned, Quarantine, White Hole, Queeg, Holoship. Amongst my favourites.

Oh and i just now discovered the show had a self imposed 'no alien' rule which they stuck to for the first 2 seasons then started to find ways around it.
  • El Camino is excellent.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    El Camino is rubbish.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    In Spain ...   ..
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    You know nothing John Kow!
  • Following the Red Dwarf talk, I've been rewatching Fools and Horses on Netflix, man so far series 1 is just pure quality. God I hope one of Del's schemes pays off just once.
  • Umbrella Academy is a mix of good and utter tosh.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Umbrella Academy is a mix of good and utter tosh.

It’s interesting-ish but it didn’t grab me
    The Forum Herald™
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I ended up quite enjoying UA.  Almost turned it off when they all started dancing in the first episode.  Glad I didn’t.
    Get schwifty.
  • g.man wrote:
    Well that's me done all of Tales From The Loop now.
    This was a triumph. I'm making a note here, huge success. It's hard to overstate my satisfaction.
    g.man wrote:
    I look forward to chatting about it in the days to come, but for now I'm going to keep schtum … Not everyone is going to like this, but I suspect those that do are really going to like it.

I’ve just finished the series. It’s a masterpiece. Just so far removed from the sort of dramatic narratives we’re used to.
    Spoiler:

And the final episode’s directed by
    Spoiler:

Anyone else think it was influenced by Eerie Indiana?
  • I'm still only 3 episodes in but "Eeerie Indiana for adults" crossed my mind.
  • I often think about tracking down copies of Eerie Indiana to rewatch but I’m afraid it would disappoint. Maybe one to keep as a fond memory.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    That theme tune!
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    poprock wrote:
    I often think about tracking down copies of Eerie Indiana to rewatch but I’m afraid it would disappoint. Maybe one to keep as a fond memory.

nostalgia is a fickle mistress, and she's bitten me a fair few times, can see why you'd keep it there

TFTL spoiler
    Spoiler:
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Spoiler:
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Nice review G and agree with all of what you said. I was surprised by
    Spoiler:

Visually I can’t shake a similarity with Anime films in the backgrounds. I think it’s that mix of natural elements (rooms, homes, cars) mixed with sharp edged sci-fi motifs. In particular...
    Spoiler:

• Finished The Expanse season 3 - whilst I wasn't keen on the mid-season shift to the documentary crew filming in the Rosi I thought the whole season was just brilliant. First half was rollicking excellent sci-fi action madness, with the second half doing some great big idea stuff really fucking well.

Loved the focus on the Belters and David Strathairns character was a great addition, but it was Ames that stole the show. A superb sociopath. Oh, and Bobbie Draper? Swoon.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Please tell me that with Tales from the Loop it all comes together in the end and the various kids with their super powers get to team up to fight the 'Big Bad' or something? Because surely there has to be some sort of pay off to make watching this snoozefast worth it?

If I wanted to watch Jonathan Pryce miss the toilet and mop up his own piss I'd watch the deleted scenes from the DVD extras of 'Thrones. 
    Spoiler:
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Two episodes into The Outsider and so far it’s brilliant.
    Get schwifty.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    poprock wrote:
    I often think about tracking down copies of Eerie Indiana to rewatch but I’m afraid it would disappoint. Maybe one to keep as a fond memory.

Its still good but very of its time. I downloaded it about a year back.
  • @Gremill   Which makes the lack lustre season 4 all the more hard to bear.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Blocks100 wrote:
    @Gremill   Which makes the lack lustre season 4 all the more hard to bear.

• Burning through Halt and Catch Fire, 4 episodes in and it’s great so far.

My first work PC was an IBM XT and I can listen to those keyboards all day long.
  • Raiziel wrote:
    Two episodes into The Outsider and so far it’s brilliant.

I’m about three eps in but have backburnered it for Succession.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    mrsmr2 wrote:
    Burning through Halt and Catch Fire, 4 episodes in and it’s great so far.

My first work PC was an IBM XT and I can listen to those keyboards all day long.

That's such a great show.

• I'm going in on Tales from the Loop.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!